Derby County vs Newcastle United

SouthernRam

So realistically this is who I think will play. And I'd be very happy with this.

Carson

Keogh   Shackell   Pearce

Christie             Johnson              Anya

Bryson     Hughes 

Vydra

Wilson

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I agree entirely with that assessment, but there seems to be an opinion that he is the solution to all of our ills at the minute and I just don't see that yet.

Probably stems from the way he came on against Preston and changed the whole dynamic of our game, anyone there would have seen it ; one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that though.

41 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

So realistically this is who I think will play. And I'd be very happy with this.

Carson

Bryson     Hughes 

Vydra

Wilson

I don' t think this is what he will play - he seems to like to play Hughes and Bryson as defensive mids.

20 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

As an aside, I'm off to Newcastle for the Great North Run, so will enjoy watching this in a boozer in Whickham..... 

I'm watching the game in toon with my toon mates too. Wearing the top with pride. If you're in Whickham and I know there's some Rams in Newcastle, Whitley Bay and Durham, then we've got the north east covered. Any other NE exiles out there?

They still get nervous about us getting 4 from 11 points in that season. Just mention Kenny Miller from 50 yards ;-) That said, they're all pretty confident this year even through they've not got in 1st gear yet.

Good luck with the GNR. Have you done it before? It really is as good as they say.

I've done it a few times but having a rest this year. There's a chump with a notts forest flag near the end (last small roundabout before the sharp descent to the seafront) and I gave it a big 'come on you rams' last year which wiped the Cheshire off his coupon! Not sure where I got the breath / voice from though!

have a goodun mate.

Think we'll see that 4141 formation to be honest. 

Carson 

Christie    Keogh    Shacks   Olsson 

Johnson 

Ince/Russell   Bryson   Hughes  Anya 

Vydra 

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Carson

Bryson     Hughes 

Vydra

Wilson

great lineup but doubt he will change from the regular back 4

17 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

I am also in a quandary about this issue. Leaning towards shorts 

Ne'er cast a clout til May is out.

June July and august are the only months in which shorts may be worn.. unless you are playing of course.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I know it's too early to be worrying about the rest of the season, but today's game feels as if it's about more than three points. I hope to see something to restore a bit of faith in our ability to play football. 

Even if we lose today as long as we show fight and skill and play as a team  and then beat Ipswich on Tuesday I will be happy. 

Todays is about putting a bit of a marker down 

Carson

Christie.  Keogh  Shackell Olsson

Hughes. Bryson

Ince.        Vydra      Anya

Bent

Think he will want Wilson and Russell  on the bench because Vydra and  Anya lack game time so he can change pace with pace.Think Bent will start has Pearson likes him and he gives a aerial threat nobody else does...really do not get the negativity towards him,sure he will get caught offside apparently Vydra does too according to Watford fans that is the nature of playing off the last defender.His goal record is one in three at Derby and a lot of those appearance s are of the bench for a few minutes so give him the right service and you get a return.

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Think we'll see that 4141 formation to be honest. 

Carson 

Christie    Keogh    Shacks   Olsson 

Johnson 

Ince/Russell   Bryson   Hughes  Anya 

Vydra 

I agree & think its the best formation with the personnel we now have. Maybe swapping Bryson for Wilson up top if Pearson is true to his 4-4-2 principles. Johnson hopefully instructed to stay behind Hughes at all times & to cover fullbacks bombing forward - particularly Christie.

36 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Carson

Christie.  Keogh  Shackell Olsson

Hughes. Bryson

Ince.        Vydra      Anya

Bent

Think he will want Wilson and Russell  on the bench because Vydra and  Anya lack game time so he can change pace with pace.Think Bent will start has Pearson likes him and he gives a aerial threat nobody else does...really do not get the negativity towards him,sure he will get caught offside apparently Vydra does too according to Watford fans that is the nature of playing off the last defender.His goal record is one in three at Derby and a lot of those appearance s are of the bench for a few minutes so give him the right service and you get a return.

Bent and aerial threat. I've heard it all now!

Other than that, don't necessarily disagree with what you've written.

Problem is though, given service comes from the midfield and our midfield hasn't really changed, think little will change with Bent.

Archived