Derby County vs Newcastle United

SouthernRam

17 minutes ago, Ninos said:

well, threat is probably a loose term for any derby forward, but he's the best we've got in the air apart from Bradley. 

I'd say Russell despite being about 3 inches shorter is far better than Bent in the air. Johnson's probably better as well. Haven't seen enough of Vydra or Wilson, but I suspect they're better than Bent in the air as well. Your old nemisis Martin was better in the air than him.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, wingfieldram said:

Long shot.....is anyone in Valencia at the moment that knows a bar showing the rams game. All the bars are obsessed with showing the liverpool/Leicester game.

I'm in Malta and just been able to get it on at the bar mate. You should be able to tell a few spaniards off to get the game on ! 

38 minutes ago, wingfieldram said:

Long shot.....is anyone in Valencia at the moment that knows a bar showing the rams game. All the bars are obsessed with showing the liverpool/Leicester game.

Get them to split the screens mate. The bar I'm at in Ibiza has a good mix of all four teams walking in, should be alright.

2 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I'd say Russell despite being about 3 inches shorter is far better than Bent in the air. Johnson's probably better as well. Haven't seen enough of Vydra or Wilson, but I suspect they're better than Bent in the air as well. Your old nemisis Martin was better in the air than him.

Was a loose term given the team I had put up and the only other better were the two centre halves.I will give you Johnson is if playing but from a standing jump only Bent in a attacking position.

2 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Bent and aerial threat. I've heard it all now!

Other than that, don't necessarily disagree with what you've written.

Problem is though, given service comes from the midfield and our midfield hasn't really changed, think little will change with Bent.

No it has not changed apart from Jeff leaving it is roughly the same has when he scored ten in fifteen appearances.

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

.His goal record is one in three at Derby and a lot of those appearance s are of the be

Wait, what? I know Darren had a good start at Derby - but in the last 35 competitive games, he's scored 4 goals. This season, in total, he's had only 4 touches... 3 of which were offside.

OK I made up the second stat but it can't be far off. 

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

Carson

Christie.  Keogh  Shackell Olsson

Hughes. Bryson

Ince.        Vydra      Anya

Bent

Think he will want Wilson and Russell  on the bench because Vydra and  Anya lack game time so he can change pace with pace.Think Bent will start has Pearson likes him and he gives a aerial threat nobody else does...really do not get the negativity towards him,sure he will get caught offside apparently Vydra does too according to Watford fans that is the nature of playing off the last defender.His goal record is one in three at Derby and a lot of those appearance s are of the bench for a few minutes so give him the right service and you get a return.

Think your spot on with the bent thing as I think Pearson will want the option of pace getting the by line and putting in crosses  and bent can get his head on things ,, that's a pretty good team on paper and if if he could get them all doing their jobs in it and working as a unit it could be very attractive and exciting to watch

nice to be looking forward to team selections again with the thought it may change the way we play hopefully ,,,,,, for a long time we have put different teams out only to see no difference when we not playing well

2 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

And always remember wear your shorts in September 

No sign of the sun yet, and it will get dark at the final whistle. Still, you could never be underdressed compared to the Newcastle boys, ( and girls). 

4 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Not a ball winner among them. It dumbfounds me that managers at this level, think they can win matches if they don't have the football. 

Unless we get an early goal today, I fear the worst. 

Hughes is just about the best and most prolific tackler in the division. How can anyone watch Derby and claim he's not a ball winner?

Archived