Burton Albion vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

26 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Nothing will  top  Crawley 2-1  Derby, in fact the 2010-11 season was awful only a great Autumn kept us up,

I'm not sure if some fans haven't learned anything from the recent games with Grimsby and Carlisle which is a shame but Burton are now a championship side and deserve respect as one. Derby are a vastly bigger club than Burton are but with me that's where this dangerous big club mentality ends. They will provide difficult opponents, like the two league 2 clubs we have faced and although i'd be disappointed if Derby couldn't win tonight, it's off the scale OTT to say a draw or defeat blots the historical copy books of DCFC.

We don't win tonight then we credit Burton, move on and NP gets two weeks to work out why, sort out a plan and select a side capable of giving the home fans some serious reasons for optimism against Newcastle.

Didn't mean to quote you Cumbrian Ram, meant to quote that twitter post beforehand. :blink:

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rynny's stat of the day/jinx it post

Tonight's referee has been in charge of 4 of our games and all have ended in a Rams win (2-0 vs Charlton away 13/14, 2-0 vs Blackburn home 14/15, 1-0 vs Reading away 15/16 and 3-2 vs Bristol City away 15/16)

34 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Nothing will  top  Crawley 2-1  Derby, in fact the 2010-11 season was awful only a great Autumn kept us up,

Yes, we were utter dross with a hint of the Keystone Cops against Crawley. More recently and with a lot more at stake than a cup tie there was that grand finale of the great bottling against Reading under SM. There's also the utterly woeful performance at the end of last season at home against Hull. I can’t think of any Clement shockers as I slept through most of his time at Derby.

I think the Reading match is my worst favourite.

8 minutes ago, ramesses said:

Yes, we were utter dross with a hint of the Keystone Cops against Crawley. More recently and with a lot more at stake than a cup tie there was that grand finale of the great bottling against Reading under SM. There's also the utterly woeful performance at the end of last season at home against Hull. I can’t think of any Clement shockers as I slept through most of his time at Derby.

I think the Reading match is my worst favourite.

Derby 0-3 Birmingham

Burnley 4-1 Derby

6 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Given that, I'd expect something along the lines of:

Carson; Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Olsson; Hughes; Camara, Bryson, Butterfield, Ince; Martin

Bench: Grant, Baird, Pearce, Blackman, Bent, Wilson, Lowe.

You've missed Russell who I think starts over Camara. And it's likely another player will make way for Elsnick as he wasn't involved in the U23s. Which two senior pros to drop out of the squad? Unless someone's had a knock, I'd say Pearce and Camara to miss out. We'll know soon enough!

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Not sure if mentioned, but for those who cannot get who have sky but not sky sports you can watch free on sky sports mix tonight.

Those who went to the Carlisle and Grimsby matches are not happy with this and want us to be charged a surplus for not attending.

14 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

You've missed Russell who I think starts over Camara. And it's likely another player will make way for Elsnick as he wasn't involved in the U23s. Which two senior pros to drop out of the squad? Unless someone's had a knock, I'd say Pearce and Camara to miss out. We'll know soon enough!

Right about the starting 11 but very wrong about Lowe and Elsnick. I don't understand the point of leaving them out of the U23 team earlier if they weren't going to be involved tonight.

Meanwhile, Brayford, Naylor and Matty Palmer (from our academy) in the Burton starting 11 all wanting tomprove a point, and how that must be true for Shaun Barker on the bench (Stephen "rat out" Bywater also there).

Come on you Rams!

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Right about the starting 11 but very wrong about Lowe and Elsnick. I don't understand the point of leaving them out of the U23 team earlier if they weren't going to be involved tonight.

They always travel with more players that make the squad

Archived