Burton Albion vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

and its rubbish, they are a championship team and deserve to be, dont think losing this will be worse than losing to mk dons at home last season.

It wont be. Losing or drawing will be disappointing, but just another step along the long road to the end of the season. None of it really matters. 

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

To be fair, he's right about Rush.

I know no-one likes to hear it around here but for what he's spent and sanctioned and pushed for he hasn't half under delivered on his promises. Usually when the CEO fails, he goes.

I think he's finally got it right in hiring Pearson but before that??

30m quid spent on players,  a flop of a hire in Clement and a car crash waiting to happen in McClaren, doubling the wage bill, several u-turns in strategy and philosophy and 3 seasons later people still hold him up as the saviour of Derby.

Still at least the "recruitment and relationships" side of the club has been hugely upgraded.

Derby loaning players from Man Utd while poor little Burton under nasty no friends Nige have to settle for players on loan from erm Leicester and  Spurs.....

I'll say this quietly but you all know I'm thinking it anyway.

COME ON YOU BREWERS :-)

I'm happy for Derby to storm the league and get promoted by Easter but for two games this season.. well it would be rude not to hope. 

I can see it being a high scoring game, Burton's wing backs can get a bit exposed but going forward they'll create a lot of chances.

£30m spent? LOL you're incorrect AGAIN! 

IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER FOR SACKED CLUELESS CLOUGH. :) 

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I wish this was a unique perspective, but it's very far from it :( 

Sean, if you read this forum, you are a fool and that tweet is the lowest point in your recent history.

Couple of bit of info on tonight's match. If you are in the away end terracing, don't leave it until the last minute to come onto the terrace - particularly if you have kids with you. You come into the terrace from the top, and it is hard to see where the space is, and when the terrace is full people tend to block up the entrance points, and you may get stuck in the tunnel behind. I would get your place as soon as you can to avoid this, and move away from the entrance points as it is less busy. Port Vale had all sorts of issues getting onto the terrace a few seasons ago as they all turned up a minute before kick off. There is space if you squeeze past people and move along the terrace.

On getting a beer, there is a decent bar in the away end. The Beech Inn with is only a 5 minute walk away on Derby Road (by the McDonalds) and now has an outside bar on the carpark. Away fans only.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Well neither are involved with the u23s, so you'd imagine that means both are involved with the seniors.

If they're not, leaving them out of the u23s is criminal. They're first names on the teamsheet for them.

Yeah, I know.  But like I said, it's a major statement if he does it.  Russell wasn't listed in the lineup I responded to either, so that's maybe another player who's in the same boat.

I suppose it's also possible that Lowe is still injured, or they don't want them playing again after having to play an extra half hour on Tuesday.

It will be complete meltdown on here if we lose tonight , so come on lads lets have a performance tonight and get out of there with 3 points , then the serial moaners on here can get back to moaning about the supposed fee for vydra , the colour of the third kit , or having to sit through Ramma and OB on Radio Derby . Clough and his Brewers have had quite an easy ride so far in the Champ , let the Rams show them what its really like . KEEP THE FAITH ,COYR

I watched their game against Pool and it's great shame that Weimann ain't fit. He would destroy Akins just running behind him. Akins was all over the place, very poor defensively.

And with Bywater in goal, we might actually score (once) today.

I think the way we are playing currently does suit away games where we can sit back and keeping it tight then nick a goal here and there. I'd just like us to get an early lead if possible as i'm interested to see how the tactics all pan out on the night if that was to happen.

Looking forward to this one and got the beers ready for myself and softer beverages and treats for my kid  :whistle: who will be staying up late (well, for a 7 year old) to watch the Rams for the first time live on the telly. She loves watching the big screen in games at the iPro so she'll be ok with it. Just hope the game isn't really dull. Given the paucity of entertainment on offer against Villa, if this is a dog then we might not be on Sky much unless the Geordies game is a corker. :(

Hope all the travelling Rams from Derbyshire and beyond have a safe trip, see a cracking game and a Rams win.

Roll on tonight.

COYR!!

5 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I watched their game against Pool and it's great shame that Weimann ain't fit. He would destroy Akins just running behind him. Akins was all over the place, very poor defensively.

And with Bywater in goal, we might actually score (once) today.

Bywater won't play Dimmu, it'll be McLoughlin back in goal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Akins pushed further forward as well cos the Bray has to fit somewhere.

A lot will depend on whether Mousinho is fit, if he is I'd expect it to be Mousinho, Turner and MacFadzean as thee 3 centre backs with Brayford and Lloyd dyer as the two wing backs.

Then a midfield three of Irvine, Naylor (or Choudhury) and Matty Palmer with O'Grady and Akins (or Beavon) up front.

Don't read anything at all out of the Liverpool game, without being daft about it, it was on the whole Burton reserves.

2 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Bywater won't play Dimmu, it'll be McLoughlin back in goal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Akins pushed further forward as well cos the Bray has to fit somewhere.

A lot will depend on whether Mousinho is fit, if he is I'd expect it to be Mousinho, Turner and MacFadzean as thee 3 centre backs with Brayford and Lloyd dyer as the two wing backs.

Then a midfield three of Irvine, Naylor (or Choudhury) and Matty Palmer with O'Grady and Akins (or Beavon) up front.

Don't read anything at all out of the Liverpool game, without being daft about it, it was on the whole Burton reserves.

It's true and Liverpool had pretty strong side out there too.

Shame that Bywater wont play, McLoughlin is decent keeper.

Signing Brayford really makes sense, interesting to see will he play as CB or on wing. Probably both during the season.

Dyer was very positive, I rate him. Naylor did well too.

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

It's true and Liverpool had pretty strong side out there too.

Shame that Bywater wont play, McLoughlin is decent keeper.

Signing Brayford really makes sense, interesting to see will he play as CB or on wing. Probably both during the season.

Dyer was very positive, I rate him. Naylor did well too.

Dyer is good going forward, not really got a trick in him but somehow beats his man and gets his cross in, tidy little finisher as well... BUT... he is prone to going to sleep and letting the winger run off him and he can't tackle to save his life. I'm a little bit worried that Russell and/or Ince will cause him huge problems.

I agree with you about Bray playing both roles, I fancy in the long term NC will play Bray back three instead of Mousinho, but the Moose is a real crowd favourite and captain, so NC needs to tread carefully before making that change.

Naylor has forced his way back in and this is where I've seen NC change, he used to bomb players out and never give them another look in. Tom was dropped back end of last season and came roaring back, then again this season he started on the bench, came off two games in a row and brought huge energy levels and a late goal each time, then started the next game.

He's really added a goal threat to his game and he gets about the pitch brilliantly, he's really surprised me cos the last time I watched him play for Derby I didn't think he'd make it at league two level.

Him, Turner and MacFadzean are a real threat from set pieces, Matty Palmer delivers them with a bit of quality and I fancy that might be where Burton cause Derby a few problems tonight.

You'll not be surprised to hear that Burton are pretty good on the counter attack, Akins can be ungainly but if he plays well he can really carry the ball at pace.

I just hope they play ok, Derby might have a bit too much quality but as long as Burton turn up and don't perform like they did midweek I'll be happy enough.

Archived