Derby fans groan all game, then 'boo' at half time, and then wonder why we lose!

Mostyn6

I don't see any difference in confidence to what they've shown in the past 18 months. 

It's been lingering since the first "failure" to go up. Its almost a trait of this squad unfortunately. 

Weve not all of a sudden hit rock bottom, it's been this way for ages. Why? I don't know. Normally there's that bump in confidence/form with a new manager but just as we saw when Wassall was appointed, there's much deeper issues here and that hasn't happened again. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact is top players require very little in the way of motivation that's why they're at the top. Our bunch however need a lot more effort in the pyschlogical side of the game, as a paying fan I think we have to right to feel a little aggrieved if we're not seeing visible efforts being put in. After all I sacrifice money and holidays from work to watch the club I love, for their thousands a week it's not too much to ask that they put their heart and soul into when they pull on that shirt. No confidence in the players at present but lots in Pearson. Early days and he ll turn it around 

4 hours ago, Statham512 said:

The fact is top players require very little in the way of motivation that's why they're at the top. Our bunch however need a lot more effort in the pyschlogical side of the game, as a paying fan I think we have to right to feel a little aggrieved if we're not seeing visible efforts being put in. After all I sacrifice money and holidays from work to watch the club I love, for their thousands a week it's not too much to ask that they put their heart and soul into when they pull on that shirt. No confidence in the players at present but lots in Pearson. Early days and he ll turn it around 

Am I the only one who didn't think there was a lack of effort on Saturday? 

I cannot think of a single player who didn't look up for it. I just think they were disjointed, playing far too deep, had no method to the play, panicky and quite unlucky too.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Am I the only one who didn't think there was a lack of effort on Saturday? 

I cannot think of a single player who didn't look up for it. I just think they were disjointed, playing far too deep, had no method to the play, panicky and quite unlucky too.

Nope your not the only one. The players clearly were trying, but there's only so much you can do when saddled with a system that plays to your weaknesses and not your strengths.

let's get behind the team, it doesn't matter how we play I will never be one of the people booing the lads at half and full time. Every person in that team pulls on the shirt and should wear it with pride, we are a great club and on the whole extremely well supported, I think Pearson will soon weed out players he doesn't believe feel the same way but until that happens let's stick together.

Reading the NP interview pre-Preston on the DET site and couldn’t help but think that Pearson’s comments about the players could be equally relevant to the fans.........

NIGEL Pearson says the acid test for any team (fan) comes when the chips are down. Pearson has watched his Derby County side pick up one point from their opening two Championship matches. A goalless draw at home to Brighton & Hove Albion was followed by a poor performance in the 2-0 defeat at Barnsley on Saturday. Some Rams fans voiced their disappointment as Pearson and the players left the pitch at Oakwell on the final whistle.

"I think it is very easy for people to go along with the ride when everything is rosy in the garden," said the manager. "The real acid test is when the chips are down, when things are stacked against you and when you are (the team is) not playing as well as you (it) can do - that's where you can measure a team's (fan’s) solidarity.

"I think it is important that we respond together. Players do not purposefully go out there and under perform. So, for us, it is about taking stock of what has happened and looking forward to the next game."

COYR - there's 3pts waiting for us in Preston!!!

21 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I don't see any difference in confidence to what they've shown in the past 18 months. 

It's been lingering since the first "failure" to go up. Its almost a trait of this squad unfortunately. 

Weve not all of a sudden hit rock bottom, it's been this way for ages. Why? I don't know. Normally there's that bump in confidence/form with a new manager but just as we saw when Wassall was appointed, there's much deeper issues here and that hasn't happened again. 

Im a firm believer in that just a couple of additions, in terms of character, leaders if you like will change the whole mind set of the squad. Having big personalties and strong players mentally in the first team will help. By that i mean martin and Hughes btw.

5 hours ago, Dava75 said:

Reading the NP interview pre-Preston on the DET site and couldn’t help but think that Pearson’s comments about the players could be equally relevant to the fans.........

NIGEL Pearson says the acid test for any team (fan) comes when the chips are down. Pearson has watched his Derby County side pick up one point from their opening two Championship matches. A goalless draw at home to Brighton & Hove Albion was followed by a poor performance in the 2-0 defeat at Barnsley on Saturday. Some Rams fans voiced their disappointment as Pearson and the players left the pitch at Oakwell on the final whistle.

"I think it is very easy for people to go along with the ride when everything is rosy in the garden," said the manager. "The real acid test is when the chips are down, when things are stacked against you and when you are (the team is) not playing as well as you (it) can do - that's where you can measure a team's (fan’s) solidarity.

"I think it is important that we respond together. Players do not purposefully go out there and under perform. So, for us, it is about taking stock of what has happened and looking forward to the next game."

COYR - there's 3pts waiting for us in Preston!!!

Its the use of the words with the term "together" which prooves he is aiming this at the fans. Players, managers and the club dont usually and as a blanket rule cant| slag off their own fans as we are the lifeblood. But this prooves more than ever, its fine saluting the fans when we do well, but as he says when the chips are down thats when you need them. As fans we get congraulated for our support in games when we are the underdog, but its when we arent the underdog, when the fans just seem to sit back and expect the team to do all the work. Pretty crappy mindset if you ask me.

On 16 August 2016 at 13:02, Super Johnny Russell said:

I bet you it was the c*** who sat next to me all of last season. He did the moaning of a thousand men.

There really are some absolute bell ends supposedly supporting Derby!

Sounds like the bloke behind me. Before the game and during, the bloke hurls a constant flow of abuse towards the players, coach and management staff. 

Has it out for Chris Martin especially, so much so that whenever he scored towards the end of last season he would refuse to cheer, genuinely. How sad is that... 

On 8/19/2016 at 18:52, Sam_DCFC_1994 said:

Sounds like the bloke behind me. Before the game and during, the bloke hurls a constant flow of abuse towards the players, coach and management staff. 

Has it out for Chris Martin especially, so much so that whenever he scored towards the end of last season he would refuse to cheer, genuinely. How sad is that... 

I've moved seats. Thankfully everyone seems ok so far. One bloke clearly didn't like Baird though.

Know it all's. The kind who slate a player and then usually utter words like 'I told you he'd score' when they're proved wrong.

Having said that, Saturday was beyond boring. And I am now of the opinion that a few fan's favorites need to move on. Although I keep those thoughts to myself at the match.

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

I've moved seats. Thankfully everyone seems ok so far. One bloke clearly didn't like Baird though.

Know it all's. The kind who slate a player and then usually utter words like 'I told you he'd score' when they're proved wrong.

Having said that, Saturday was beyond boring. And I am now of the opinion that a few fan's favorites need to move on. Although I keep those thoughts to myself at the match.

He didnt ask you if you were going to burton did he? or ask if you had any footage?

4 hours ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Hmmm! You don't sit near B4 do you?

Archived