Derby fans groan all game, then 'boo' at half time, and then wonder why we lose!

Mostyn6

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's quite strange, look at my post from 5 minutes before kick off and I said the fans were in good voice. As soon as the match kicked off it was virtually silent.

I think its funny, we seem to think we have good fans because we take big numbers to places like barnsley. But it's just more fans booing and moaning. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

not saying you're wrong, but would say perhaps those people would be better off finding a new hobby if they are getting so much displeasure. 

you may be right! A few around me at the iPro, as there are for many of us, I'd happily make that recommendation to!

22 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Bris, we absolutely battered them. Whilst they could potentially have scored another 2 later in the came, the game up to their lucky opener, and straight after it was ALL Derby. Hide behind formations all you want, Derby were massively the better team and could and should've been more ruthless and with the luck Barnsley had, would have scored 5!

LOL we definitely did NOT battered them. 

It happens at all clubs, since sky t.v. We think we are all experts, and we know the game better than any coach in the world, it's the way the game has gone, even Ferguson was getting stick at Manu when they did not win the league for a couple of seasons, fans were coming on talk sport radio saying he should leave, then the next season he went on to win the league.For me it takes time to develop a team, I just hope Mel does not listen to these sky sport loving expert fans, lol.

9 hours ago, Derby blood said:

It happens at all clubs, since sky t.v. We think we are all experts, and we know the game better than any coach in the world, it's the way the game has gone, even Ferguson was getting stick at Manu when they did not win the league for a couple of seasons, fans were coming on talk sport radio saying he should leave, then the next season he went on to win the league.For me it takes time to develop a team, I just hope Mel does not listen to these sky sport loving expert fans, lol.

sadly, he already did. We'd be top of the league now if Wassall was still in charge.

10 hours ago, Derby blood said:

See where you're coming from DL and others posters re: this thread but Derby fans turn up for games both home and away in huge numbers. They stand there and watch the game. They have no control of what the players do. If the players are not putting in a shift then whether I shout my disapproval / boo or not, the players are still not putting in a shift. If I encourage them then it makes no difference either. It's in their hands regardless and if some had a bit more grit and mental fortitude then they'd block it out ,rise above it and do the best they can for their own personal pride and for those who will appreciate their efforts.

Fans sacrifice a hell of a lot more than just money to get to games and if the players are taking the piss then they can expect to be told about it. Not abuse or aggression as no right minded player / person would take seriously anyone who does this but in a world where you have squaddies going out each day on various operations with the threat of ending up dead for just a few quid, and coppers having drunken yobs gobbing at them and spitting every night then i'd say that if you're a footballer who downs tools at a few boos then quite frankly i'd say you deserved it.

I can accept bad tactics if a manager has got it wrong, I can accept seemingly bizarre team selections by the manager too but what I and many football fans of whatever team they support won't accept is lack of application and effort by the 11 out there on the pitch. If the Derby players bust a gut and have a real go but lose 10-0 then I haven't got a massive problem with that although the club may do if it continues. :lol:

Everyone DOES think they are an expert nowadays but what you think about tactics / selection compared to I or compared to Joe Bloggs is totally subjective and therefore so long as the players give it all every game then that's all anyone can reasonably expect. As Iceland et al have shown, get the teamwork / work ethic / commitment there every time you step out on to the pitch and the manager can do the rest. Pearson cannot be held responsible for lazy, unmotivated players IMO.

He will weed them out and they'll be gone and replaced over time I am hoping.

22 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

sadly, he already did. We'd be top of the league now if Wassall was still in charge.

Do you honestly believe this? 

After the play off second leg I'd have been happy for him to have been given more time but with a remit of trimming down the squad whilst remaining competitive in the top 8. 

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Do you honestly believe this? 

After the play off second leg I'd have been happy for him to have been given more time but with a remit of trimming down the squad whilst remaining competitive in the top 8. 

yes, I do.

We needed little tweeks and to remove Shackell and/or Keogh. We've ended up dropping 2 potentially influential players, and putting the rest under fan-pressure.

We'd have beaten Brighton and Barnsley under Wassall, not a shadow of doubt in my mind.

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

yes, I do.

We needed little tweeks and to remove Shackell and/or Keogh. We've ended up dropping 2 potentially influential players, and putting the rest under fan-pressure.

We'd have beaten Brighton and Barnsley under Wassall, not a shadow of doubt in my mind.

I'm not so sure about beating them both but I'd probably have preferred the performances. 

Astounded we've not signed anybody who fits this new system though - I feel thats where the problem is rather than an attempt to change it up. 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

I'm not so sure about beating them both but I'd probably have preferred the performances. 

Astounded we've not signed anybody who fits this new system though - I feel thats where the problem is rather than an attempt to change it up. 

someone will be quick to shoot me down if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure we got good results in the league at home under Wassall. So I think would've beat Brighton. We'd have also been 15-20 yards further forward at Barnsley, and would surely have scored.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

someone will be quick to shoot me down if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure we got good results in the league at home under Wassall. So I think would've beat Brighton. We'd have also been 15-20 yards further forward at Barnsley, and would surely have scored.

Well you can't be wrong as there is genuinely no way of knowing. 

Just feels like we've began the season with no plan/no direction. 

All clubs fans have a moan at some point during the season , admittedly we are a bit early , but im sure with the right team selection and every player in a Rams shirt giving 110 percent tomorrow night and coming away from Preston with 3 points , then wednesday morning most people on here will be in a positive frame of mind , so get behind the team , promotion awaits the brave

18 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

All clubs fans have a moan at some point during the season , admittedly we are a bit early , but im sure with the right team selection and every player in a Rams shirt giving 110 percent tomorrow night and coming away from Preston with 3 points , then wednesday morning most people on here will be in a positive frame of mind , so get behind the team , promotion awaits the brave

then we misplace a pass Vs Villa on Saturday and we get thousands of groans.

I don't see how anyone can defend the manager here for his part in poor performances - it was always the manager's fault before Pearson came so why the sudden change to blaming players ?

You can argue that players should be able to play any position (I would say very few payers in the world would be capable of that) but is it possible that moving them away from their well-practiced formation and positions has contributed to lowering their confidence ? They aren't used to it, it isn't natural to them so they have to think more about what they are doing, where the other players are etc. That takes time to process - and you don't get that time on the pitch, hence sloppy and hurried passes.

In the 4-3-3 we've been playing Martin more or less knows that Bryson will be running on, Ince and Russell will probably be level-ish but out wide, Hughes will have filled the space left by Bryson's run etc etc.

(No reason to boo though)

Archived