Derby fans groan all game, then 'boo' at half time, and then wonder why we lose!

Mostyn6

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

quite an ignorant POV.

Performance is subjective. Do you think ANY player yesterday wasn't trying to win? 

What is ignorant about it?

I hope all players were trying to win.

Would I say they were busting a gut to turn the game around? No not really.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What is ignorant about it?

I hope all players were trying to win.

Would I say they were busting a gut to turn the game around? No not really.

I'd say some were.

okay, "ignorant" was a bit harsh. But I think you're wrong to put that in the same bracket as athletics etc. The government grants system is disgusting anyway considering how much they pump into areas that have enough money, but that's another debate.

I saw Derby players, to a man, yesterday, ALL trying to win the game, it just didn't happen. I cannot criticise any one for effort or lack thereof, and I think had we (as fans) remained behind the team, we'd have won. 

It's no coincidence that we always beat Forest and Leeds when we were still rubbish, cos the fans were 100% behind the team.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

I saw Derby players, to a man, yesterday, ALL trying to win the game, it just didn't happen. I cannot criticise any one for effort or lack thereof, and I think had we (as fans) remained behind the team, we'd have won. 

It's no coincidence that we always beat Forest and Leeds when we were still rubbish, cos the fans were 100% behind the team.

I don't think lack of effort is why we lost the game, style of play and system were the main problem.

Can't agree re the fans, we were very poor for first 30 minutes and only really showed any threat once Russell came on and I am guessing booing was in full flow by then.

If fans decided results of games why have Newcastle lost 5 consecutive Derbies at home to Sunderland and how come they got relegated?

When the fans get paid for their performance ,perhaps some one will have the right to judge them.Unless ive missed something during the last 50 years as a supporter i not only contribute my quality time that could be spent with my children ,wife and family but also bear a cost to watching these games financing the players wages and life style.I think fans should beable voice their opinions good or bad at games .i work blooduy hard as a decorator dont earn thousands a week but if i did a bad job in your home wouldnt expect a pat on the back ,a standing ovation and full pay.

I am not suggesting every player meets his potential in every game or indeed what we always see on the pitch is directly the responsibiity of an individual player but if you think i am going to indulge in applauding a performance (not neccersarily a win )having watched rubbish (not reffering to yesterday) your mistaken.

What message do you send to the players,manager,coaching staff directors applauding dross ?

25 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't think lack of effort is why we lost the game, style of play and system were the main problem.

Can't agree re the fans, we were very poor for first 30 minutes and only really showed any threat once Russell came on and I am guessing booing was in full flow by then.

If fans decided results of games why have Newcastle lost 5 consecutive Derbies at home to Sunderland and how come they got relegated?

Because Newcastle fans are unrealistic whinging and booing self entitlement ******. 

They built their own hype and the idiots perpetuated the myth e.g. Sky, gullible premiership fans.

Just because there's a lot, doesn't they're all right. 

Beginning to sound familiar at some other clubs eh? 

3 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

When the fans get paid for their performance ,perhaps some one will have the right to judge them.Unless ive missed something during the last 50 years as a supporter i not only contribute my quality time that could be spent with my children ,wife and family but also bear a cost to watching these games financing the players wages and life style.I think fans should beable voice their opinions good or bad at games .i work blooduy hard as a decorator dont earn thousands a week but if i did a bad job in your home wouldnt expect a pat on the back ,a standing ovation and full pay.

I am not suggesting every player meets his potential in every game or indeed what we always see on the pitch is directly the responsibiity of an individual player but if you think i am going to indulge in applauding a performance (not neccersarily a win )having watched rubbish (not reffering to yesterday) your mistaken.

What message do you send to the players,manager,coaching staff directors applauding dross ?

it sends out the message "we support you, keep trying, you'll get there, you're capable of doing this"..

I bet you scratch your head wondering why you haven't seen much success!

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure what makes you say that. They may have a sense of entitlement that matches ours but on the whole they are normally supportive of the players inside the ground.

In between long bouts of booing, then sometimes they get together and sing their 2 songs.

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

it sends out the message "we support you, keep trying, you'll get there, you're capable of doing this"..

Doesn't selling 20000 season tickets year after year send out this message?

I find your stance really strange given the lack of support you gave the club when Nigel Clough was in charge.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

No different to most fans from any club,if you applaud dross,how do you ever show your pleasure ,delight on exceptional performances good results.

Dont need to scratch my head or wonder why we havent achieved in the past however we have alot of the time met expectations ,something we arent presently doing unless you believe we over achieved yesterday.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Doesn't selling 20000 season tickets year after year send out this message?

I find your stance really strange given the lack of support you gave the club when Nigel Clough was in charge.

what has 20000 season tickets got to do with mentally affecting the players on the pitch? we are talking about the human brain here. These players would do better in a empty stadium with no pressure.

As for Clough, bit of a stupid comment, considering I never booed him, never abused him, never shouted anything negative out loud in the stadium EVER. Again, it's not related to the brains of players.

1 minute ago, ram1964 said:

No different to most fans from any club,if you applaud dross,how do you ever show your pleasure ,delight on exceptional performances good results.

Dont need to scratch my head or wonder why we havent achieved in the past however we have alot of the time met expectations ,something we arent presently doing unless you believe we over achieved yesterday.

do you consider a positive move, which involves a player running and trying to take on an opponent, only to get tackled, as dross?

do you consider a ten pass move, ending with a shot, which is saved by the keeper, as dross?

do you consider running at full pelt, playing a one-two, then getting the ball back, threading it through but the opponent reads it well and sticks a toe out, intercepting the ball, as dross?

If you answer yes to any of the above, you're a bad supporter. IN all of those circumstances, which happened yesterday, the team deserve encouragement, "keep going", not groaning and moaning.

What you see as dross, is it actually dross? or is it you just being impatient and forgetting what football is?

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

what has 20000 season tickets got to do with mentally affecting the players on the pitch? we are talking about the human brain here. These players would do better in a empty stadium with no pressure.

As for Clough, bit of a stupid comment, considering I never booed him, never abused him, never shouted anything negative out loud in the stadium EVER. Again, it's not related to the brains of players.

You said it was about sending out a message that 'we support you', having that number of people turning up every year should therefore give us a head start if there is indeed any correlation between support and results.

Not saying you booed, I thought you said you stopped going and would not go back while Clough was still in charge, now you are lecturing people about supporting the club. Surely you can see a bit of hypocrisy in your stance? 

FWIW I have no problem in you not going while Clough was in charge. Towards the end I was only going out of habit and for a day on the beers!

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You said it was about sending out a message that 'we support you', having that number of people turning up every year should therefore give us a head start if there is indeed any correlation between support and results.

Not saying you booed, I thought you said you stopped going and would not go back while Clough was still in charge, now you are lecturing people about supporting the club. Surely you can see a bit of hypocrisy in your stance? 

FWIW I have no problem in you not going while Clough was in charge. Towards the end I was only going out of habit and for a day on the beers!

think you got me mixed up with someone else. I stopped buying season tickets due to working obligations, but ended up only missing a few games under Clough, I've missed more since.

Football is a confidence game, and you know this. We've got players with suspect mentality. For example, Shackell cannot play well against any of his former teams and we knew this ahead of kick-off. Christie panics, and Keogh has too much adrenaline when we are trying to score. 

In my lifetime, the teams with the feelgood factor are the winners, EVERY time. 

Now, don't read that wrong and come back all facetious, that team still needs players with ability. BUT, a team with ability and a bad atmosphere will fail. A team lacking ability (of an opponent) but with a feelgood factor, CAN succeed. So, my theory is, we have ability, ADD the feelgood factor, as we did when McClaren arrived, and hey presto...

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

think you got me mixed up with someone else. I stopped buying season tickets due to working obligations, but ended up only missing a few games under Clough, I've missed more since.

Football is a confidence game, and you know this. We've got players with suspect mentality. For example, Shackell cannot play well against any of his former teams and we knew this ahead of kick-off. Christie panics, and Keogh has too much adrenaline when we are trying to score. 

In my lifetime, the teams with the feelgood factor are the winners, EVERY time. 

Now, don't read that wrong and come back all facetious, that team still needs players with ability. BUT, a team with ability and a bad atmosphere will fail. A team lacking ability (of an opponent) but with a feelgood factor, CAN succeed. So, my theory is, we have ability, ADD the feelgood factor, as we did when McClaren arrived, and hey presto...

Ok I apologise, my mistake.

I know where you are coming from but think you are putting way too much weight behind it.

The feelgood factor came from building a team and team spirit, added to that we were just about down to hard-core of what I would call real fans (tin hat on). No chance of that coming back with our current setup.

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

I didn't boo yesterday because I never boo. I didn't clap Pearson though because he got it all wrong in my opinion. I clapped the players - anyone who seriously thinks those players weren't trying yesterday wasn't watching properly. I clapped the players for trying even though they were being played in a system that doesn't suit them.

It seemed to me that it was half clapping and half booing. I think a lot of it is frustration with Pearson because he's doing things that upset the fans and seem obvious to the fans; starting Bent over Martin, not starting Hughes, playing Butterfield out of position in left midfield. I heard a lot of fans complaining about them.

Yes I was there and I share the same views, (Blackman also stealing a living)

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

do you consider a positive move, which involves a player running and trying to take on an opponent, only to get tackled, as dross?

do you consider a ten pass move, ending with a shot, which is saved by the keeper, as dross?

do you consider running at full pelt, playing a one-two, then getting the ball back, threading it through but the opponent reads it well and sticks a toe out, intercepting the ball, as dross?

If you answer yes to any of the above, you're a bad supporter. IN all of those circumstances, which happened yesterday, the team deserve encouragement, "keep going", not groaning and moaning.

What you see as dross, is it actually dross? or is it you just being impatient and forgetting what football is?

If you read my thread you would see that i clearly state that i am not reffering to yesterday and that i accept we cannot perform excellence at all times,nor do i suggest players can be at fault for everything or that we should be perfect.

Al i am stating is that as a paying supporter you have a right to voice your frustration,delight at a game as you see fit.

I appluaded the lads at many a game where we have lost knowing they have shown commitment worked hard ,been unfortunate and many a time been outplayed its not about showing disapproval for loseing.no one can or should expect to win all the time.its about voicing your concerns,disappointment ,disagreement and acculation as and when you see fit.I am not condoning everyone that booes and dont agree with every derogatory comment that some one may make.However they do have the right to their opinion's

Archived