Derby fans groan all game, then 'boo' at half time, and then wonder why we lose!

Mostyn6

57 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Bent, Ince & Blackman should never play for us again! Or Bradley! Sell sell sell

Why Ince? 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For now, Pearson et al must be given a chance along with the players he selects. Its far too soon to be moaning.

But taking the long view , Ince would be on my list to get rid. He consistently under-performs and one could say our decline started with his arrival. His dead ball kicks are mostly poor and he hesitates to shoot too often. He is now being played where people say is  his best position  -is he going to deliver? Doubt it.

Just now, philmycock said:

He ain't no Baiano

He's not. But I still think he's better than a lot we could replace him with. 

the rest I agree with you though. 

51 minutes ago, paintingstandsatderby said:

"I've paid my money so i can boo if I like.". ....what a load of bullocks! Totally agree with Mostyn. Anyone who boos, especially 2 league games into a season, is clearly lacking any intelligence. What positive can possibly be achieved by it??

Whilst I agree that booing, at any stage of the season, is not going to be helpful, to put yesterday's performance down to that reason is absurd.

The long hopeful punts started from pretty much the first minute, probably before most boo boys had even reached their seats.

I find the psychology of fans fascinating. I'm convinced that a positive atmosphere from the stands makes a positive difference on the pitch. 

Were there some Derby fans at Norwich yesterday? I heard them booing the teams off there too. 

1 minute ago, Ewe Ram said:

I find the psychology of fans fascinating. I'm convinced that a positive atmosphere from the stands makes a positive difference on the pitch. 

Were there some Derby fans at Norwich yesterday? I heard them booing the teams off there too. 

I would never boo at the match, don't see the point but can understand why some do.

Getting behind the team will have a positive effect but it's got to be a two way thing.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would never boo at the match, don't see the point but can understand why some do.

Getting behind the team will have a positive effect but it's got to be a two way thing.

I agree but it's so easy to stand there booing but much harder to win a football match, there's 11 other people trying to stop you. A player will feel frustrated, exhausted etc and booing ringing in his ears will sap the last drops of effort out of him. 

why do you think fans boo opposition players? To try and adversely affect their confidence.  And people are not expecting it to do that to their own players? Some fans are incredibly thick  

The atmosphere is starting to get a bit corrosive at this club, it's been building since the play-off final. 

The number of games I go to where the moans and groans start after 15 mins (if not before), the mount of grief we give our own players (primarily Keogh, Ince, Christie and Johnson), the expectation of free flowing football, the expatiation of victory on top of the free flowing football. Some of the reactionary garbage you here is astonishing, the sheer lack of thought/intelligence.

Some Derby fans have become the type of "supporters" that lot of us despise! 

5 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I agree but it's so easy to stand there booing but much harder to win a football match, there's 11 other people trying to stop you. A player will feel frustrated, exhausted etc and booing ringing in his ears will sap the last drops of effort out of him. 

why do you think fans boo opposition players? To try and adversely affect their confidence.  And people are not expecting it to do that to their own players? Some fans are incredibly thick  

Yes see where you are coming from. 

Some fans may find it hard to be positive when they have spent a days wages to go and watch very well paid professional footballers doing things that Sunday league players could do!

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes see where you are coming from. 

Some fans may find it hard to be positive when they have spent a days wages to go and watch very well paid professional footballers doing things that Sunday league players could do!

Can't argue with that either, I begrudge it when I've spent my hard earned cash too. But even if we are playing like a pub side id rather be singing and clapping than moaning with my arms folded, it's self perpetuating. I'll bet these people don't go watch their kids play on a Sunday and boo them, they encourage them, tell them to keep going, keep their heads up etc. 

Just now, Ewe Ram said:

Can't argue with that either, I begrudge it when I've spent my hard earned cash too. But even if we are playing like a pub side id rather be singing and clapping than moaning with my arms folded, it's self perpetuating. I'll bet these people don't go watch their kids play on a Sunday and boo them, they encourage them, tell them to keep going, keep their heads up etc. 

I wouldn't be so sure!

Sunday morning kids football is becoming a breeding ground for knuckle heads who like to vent their spleen!

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I wouldn't be so sure!

Sunday morning kids football is becoming a breeding ground for knuckle heads who like to vent their spleen!

They've cracked down on it, every kids team now has a 'respect' officer, they are supposed to tell parents not to shout at the players or officials.

wether it's working, I don't know.

32 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

This would make a great PhD for someone. 'Fan psychology and the role of positive and negative feedback given to footballers during a game and the influence of this on the outcome of the result'.

I flicked on the telly to hear the final whistle of the Norwich v Sheff Wed game and there was a chorus of boos from the home fans, for the 0-0 result I assume, so it's not just us no matter how special we think we are in this regard. I blame the consumerist society and the rise of entitlement.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

They've cracked down on it, every kids team now has a 'respect' officer, they are supposed to tell parents not to shout at the players or officials.

wether it's working, I don't know.

Probably introduced on the back of the success of The FA 'Respect' campaign...

Archived