Derby fans groan all game, then 'boo' at half time, and then wonder why we lose!

Mostyn6

I positioned myself near the front today, with the vocal supporters way behind me. Almost immediately, any time the ball was lost by Bent, Ince or Blackman, the groans and what can only be compared to 'tourettes' was in full effect.

Today was no way justifiable by the scoreline. A couple of incidents involving luck and poor defending gave them goals, and many many incidents of luck and poor finishing stopped Derby scoring.

But to boo the team off at half time was disgraceful, as it was at full time. But as far as I'm concerned, the fans are as much to blame for the result as the players. If you booed, you created a panicky atmosphere, making players rush and make mistakes.

We could be bottom by this time next week if fans don't do something to create an atmosphere conducive to improving players' confidence.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I positioned myself near the front today, with the vocal supporters way behind me. Almost immediately, any time the ball was lost by Bent, Ince or Blackman, the groans and what can only be compared to 'tourettes' was in full effect.

Today was no way justifiable by the scoreline. A couple of incidents involving luck and poor defending gave them goals, and many many incidents of luck and poor finishing stopped Derby scoring.

But to boo the team off at half time was disgraceful, as it was at full time. But as far as I'm concerned, the fans are as much to blame for the result as the players. If you booed, you created a panicky atmosphere, making players rush and make mistakes.

We could be bottom by this time next week if fans don't do something to create an atmosphere conducive to improving players' confidence.

Professional footballers getting panicky because of the fans, do me a favour. nows it up to the fans to make them play well, if 4000 fans behind the goal (I was one) away from home doesn't inspire you then you are in the wrong job.

36 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

We could have a Borussia Dortmund-type atmosphere which scares the living bejesus out of the opposition...

But it won't make much of a difference if you play a system which suits literally nobody in the starting eleven, leave your best player and top scorer out the side, play a central midfielder on left wing, a really average striker with a serious lack of football intelligence on right wing, a striker who offers nothing but a six-yard finish only, an energetic attacking midfielder (who netted 16 goals in one season) in a deep midfield role 50 yards from goal and then play slow, direct football.

Atmosphere's don't make you win or lose matches, the players do.

So let's help the players by playing them in the right positions first and foremost... And then, if it isn't asking too much, play a style which enhances their game rather than hinders it!

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

We could have a Borussia Dortmund-type atmosphere which scares the living bejesus out of the opposition...

But it won't make much of a difference if you play a system which suits literally nobody in the starting eleven, leave your best player and top scorer out the side, play a central midfielder on left wing, a really average striker with a serious lack of football intelligence on right wing, a striker who offers nothing but a six-yard finish only, an energetic attacking midfielder (who netted 16 goals in one season) in a deep midfield role 50 yards from goal and then play slow, direct football.

Atmosphere's don't make you win or lose matches, the players do.

So let's help the players by playing them in the right positions first and foremost... And then, if it isn't asking too much, play a style which enhances their game rather than hinders it!

Bris, we absolutely battered them. Whilst they could potentially have scored another 2 later in the came, the game up to their lucky opener, and straight after it was ALL Derby. Hide behind formations all you want, Derby were massively the better team and could and should've been more ruthless and with the luck Barnsley had, would have scored 5!

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Bris, we absolutely battered them. Whilst they could potentially have scored another 2 later in the came, the game up to their lucky opener, and straight after it was ALL Derby. Hide behind formations all you want, Derby were massively the better team and could and should've been more ruthless and with the luck Barnsley had, would have scored 5!

What did you drink before the game? 

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not sure why, but I laughed a lot at this. Do we get to shout 'Kill' too?

Mel Morris can don his Caesar costume to fully get into the swing of things if things are going particularly badly the half time entertainment can be which players can get back to the dressing room unscathed after releasing wild animals onto the pitch beats cheerleaders any day of the week

21 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Professional footballers getting panicky because of the fans, do me a favour. nows it up to the fans to make them play well, if 4000 fans behind the goal (I was one) away from home doesn't inspire you then you are in the wrong job.

To be fair the Derby fans made very little noise once the game had kicked off, would hardly say they inspired the team.

Everyone of them deserves boo'ing ... All the players, the chairman & the manager... Im sick of being 'nearly' men... In the last three years we've been rubbish on the verge of playoffs but bottled it... In them years we've played some good football but i prefer just smashing it up to the big man, we need another stevie howard to smash it up to... The chairman sold candy crush for £500m but only invested £25m (no ambition) and the managers has been in charge two games and we've won none of them games 5-0 its rubbish ... I wish we started zanzala he was rocking them in for the reserves and would be a far better option than an ex england international 

sack them all & bring back paul jewell, bring back eddie lewis and bring back the glory years 

on a serious note who do we think we are??? Pretty much most of the last ten years has been rubbish with the exception of the last three when we've had a go... How dare we think we have a right to be up there... Get a grip and give it a bit of time...COYR

2 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Everyone of them deserves boo'ing ... All the players, the chairman & the manager... Im sick of being 'nearly' men... In the last three years we've been rubbish on the verge of playoffs but bottled it... In them years we've played some good football but i prefer just smashing it up to the big man, we need another stevie howard to smash it up to... The chairman sold candy crush for £500m but only invested £25m (no ambition) and the managers has been in charge two games and we've won none of them games 5-0 its rubbish ... I wish we started zanzala he was rocking them in for the reserves and would be a far better option than an ex england international 

sack them all & bring back paul jewell, bring back eddie lewis and bring back the glory years 

on a serious note who do we think we are??? Pretty much most of the last ten years has been rubbish with the exception of the last three when we've had a go... How dare we think we have a right to be up there... Get a grip and give it a bit of time...COYR

I don't expect us to be up anywhere, however, with the players we have I am pretty sure if we play the right way we will be up there. What I don't expect to see is players hoofing the ball forward just in the general direction of the opposition goal.

28 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Boo'ing two games in. 

No matter how professional I was I wouldn't want to play for the majority of you *****. 

And that's where the hostility will lead eventually.

Theres no use in giving them grief is there? What possible good can it do? 

Archived