Derby fans groan all game, then 'boo' at half time, and then wonder why we lose!

Mostyn6

"Hello.....Derby County Ticket Office....How can I help you?.....One ticket for Barnsley away please.....Is that one ticket in the positive section, where you are expected to support your team or one ticket in the negative section where you can groan, boo, swear, spend the match pointing at opposing fans all day, playing with your phone, calling your own players all sorts of nasty things, calling your own fans sitting beside you all sorts of nasty things, not joining in with the songs, not singing any new songs, looking for trouble with the OAP stewards, and basically been a right tool all day in the town all day, whilst representing Derby?.....and I must add there's not many tickets left, that section is selling fast, there's plenty of tickets left in the positive section, I think the club are trying to get a further allocation for more of these seats as our fans aim to try and get the club back to Div 3, even though we have a lot more Div's than just the 3....ermm 1 ticket in the positive section please!.......Are you sure?.......yes 1 ticket in the positive section please.....it might be quiet in that section and you'll have plenty of room..so that's one ticket for Barnsley away in the positive section, thank you.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Hello DCFC ticket office'.... 'Hi, one ticket for Preston away please'.....'certainly, you do know that there's no guarantee that the team will win don't you sir?'....'really?'....'we also don't guarantee a good performance or any league position'....'oh. Don't think I'll bother then, bye' 

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

We could have a Borussia Dortmund-type atmosphere which scares the living bejesus out of the opposition...

But it won't make much of a difference if you play a system which suits literally nobody in the starting eleven, leave your best player and top scorer out the side, play a central midfielder on left wing, a really average striker with a serious lack of football intelligence on right wing, a striker who offers nothing but a six-yard finish only, an energetic attacking midfielder (who netted 16 goals in one season) in a deep midfield role 50 yards from goal and then play slow, direct football.

Atmosphere's don't make you win or lose matches, the players do.

So let's help the players by playing them in the right positions first and foremost... And then, if it isn't asking too much, play a style which enhances their game rather than hinders it!

THIS. 

You hit the nail on the head with Blackman. His lack of football intelligence is worrying. There was a phase of play in the 2nd half where Ince was breaking with the ball. 

All Blackman had to do was run into the space down the wing and take a defender away from Ince. 

Ince even pointed at him where to run. But no, he ran into no mans land. 

Luckily Ince was fouled and we run a free kick. But Ince's reaction after said it all. 

9 hours ago, philmycock said:

Bent, Ince & Blackman should never play for us again! Or Bradley! Sell sell sell

Thought Ince was one of the only positives from yesterday.

Full of desire, running, tracking back. 

Fact is. He has got players like Bent and Blackman around him. Who are a complete waste of space.

Back to the original post though. I didnt boo the players off the pitch. I had a bit of a shout and told them what I thought of them. They wouldnt have heard it. But I feel better about getting it off my chest.

I disagreed with the fans giving Pearson stick at full time. Because I dont think it is his fault. 

But the players deserve everything they get. If we had 5 or 6 new players in. I would be more leniant and say "Well they need a bit if time to gel" etc. 

But the fact is, this team has been together for 3 years and failed. They cant do it. Its that simple. 

This was like last season where the lack of effort, desire and will to win wasnt there. Which for me is unforgiveable. 

I should never ever watch Derby play, come out if the ground and say "Well they wanted it more than us today" Barnsley wanted that and worked so hard for it and fully deserved the win.

This happened so so many times last season where I came out of the ground and said the opposition wanted it more. 

There are far too many players in the side who do not look interested. They didnt last season.

All this culminated together means our fans patience is very very low and they have every right to be angry. 

There isnt a single player in that squad I would class as "Not for sale" 

Lets let Pearson do what he wants with this team. If he wants to sell someone, provided we get a fair fee for them, sell them. I have no qualms about anyone leaving. 

I know that new formations can take time to work. But we have had all pre season and 2 games in and they dont know what to do. 

Football players at this level should be able to play different formations every single week. If they can only play in one system. Maybe they arent as good as we thought. 

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Let's get this right, we didn't lose because of the poor atmosphere, we lost because the players weren't good enough yesterday. Home matches, I could agree with you but certainly not for away matches.

I don't think that's the point really, nobody is saying that the fans lost the game. It's the fact that what the fans are doing is making it worse not better. 

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

I don't think that's the point really, nobody is saying that the fans lost the game. It's the fact that what the fans are doing is making it worse not better. 

I would never target individual players but there are some occasions where it needs doing to the group as a whole, whether it's because fans need to get their anger off their chest or to let the players as a whole that their effort was not good enough. I didn't go to the match but it sounded like Barnsley put more effort and energy into the game. No team goes undefeated in the championship but if the players don't put the maximum that they can into a game then they should be rightly told so by the fans. It's not as if yesterday was a home game anyway, if 4000 away fans,whether they were vocal or not can't motivate you as a player then you need to have a big look at yourself. There are occasions where you can say , fair play the players gave absolutely everything but yesterday didn't sound like one of those days. 

12 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I positioned myself near the front today, with the vocal supporters way behind me. Almost immediately, any time the ball was lost by Bent, Ince or Blackman, the groans and what can only be compared to 'tourettes' was in full effect.

Today was no way justifiable by the scoreline. A couple of incidents involving luck and poor defending gave them goals, and many many incidents of luck and poor finishing stopped Derby scoring.

But to boo the team off at half time was disgraceful, as it was at full time. But as far as I'm concerned, the fans are as much to blame for the result as the players. If you booed, you created a panicky atmosphere, making players rush and make mistakes.

We could be bottom by this time next week if fans don't do something to create an atmosphere conducive to improving players' confidence.

Absolute drivel 

2 hours ago, TimRam said:

If footballers, who are on thousands a week, cannot play properly if fans boo then god help us.

you clearly do not understand the human brain. Maybe do a little research before making some wild assumption that money influences ability to perform under venomous pressure.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Absolute drivel 

yeah, great, thanks. Well debated. It's probably people like you that threaten players on a night out. Class act you.

This will never be agreed upon. You will always have half that think it is their right to voice an opinion regardless of who their words may hurt or offend and those who consider their actions. 

An athlete on tele this morning said that she was out of form, unable to better her lowest performance and was mentally shot. A child in the crowd shouted 'we love you' and she found some fight to carry on. Just saying. 

6 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

This will never be agreed upon. You will always have half that think it is their right to voice an opinion regardless of who their words may hurt or offend and those who consider their actions. 

An athlete on tele this morning said that she was out of form, unable to better her lowest performance and was mentally shot. A child in the crowd shouted 'we love you' and she found some fight to carry on. Just saying. 

If athletes don't perform they don't get funding and don't get sponsorship, basically their livelihoods are on the line.

A football player could perform badly for the duration of a 3 year contract and still be set up for life.

Just putting a little bit of context to things. 

If players want the adulation when things are going well they must understand what the flip side of this is.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If athletes don't perform they don't get funding and don't get sponsorship, basically their livelihoods are on the line.

A football player could perform badly for the duration of a 3 year contract and still be set up for life.

If players want the adulation when things are going well they must understand what the flip side of this is.

Also true. 

5 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

'Hello DCFC ticket office'.... 'Hi, one ticket for Preston away please'.....'certainly, you do know that there's no guarantee that the team will win don't you sir?'....'really?'....'we also don't guarantee a good performance or any league position'....'oh. Don't think I'll bother then, bye' 

They used to ask if you wanted to go in the singing section - do you think now they'll ask if you want to go in the booing section...

The plonker behind me started 3 mins in and never shut up spouting absolute banality all game...

I didn't boo yesterday because I never boo. I didn't clap Pearson though because he got it all wrong in my opinion. I clapped the players - anyone who seriously thinks those players weren't trying yesterday wasn't watching properly. I clapped the players for trying even though they were being played in a system that doesn't suit them.

It seemed to me that it was half clapping and half booing. I think a lot of it is frustration with Pearson because he's doing things that upset the fans and seem obvious to the fans; starting Bent over Martin, not starting Hughes, playing Butterfield out of position in left midfield. I heard a lot of fans complaining about them.

52 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

quite an ignorant POV.

Performance is subjective. Do you think ANY player yesterday wasn't trying to win? 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

quite an ignorant POV.

Performance is subjective. Do you think ANY player yesterday wasn't trying to win? 

I think that is exactly what some fans think. They assume that because a player can produce the goods sometimes they should be able to every time. 

46 minutes ago, Dai Capp said:

The plonker behind me started 3 mins in and never shut up spouting absolute banality all game...

Banality i.e. tedious comments I thought we were debating players getting abuse not being bored to death by humdrum comments 

Archived