Johnny Russell

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Maybe give him a chance rather than judging a player before they have even played for us?

I will. Like every Rams signing they will get 100% support from me. But surely a forum like this is where you discuss a signing. Do we have to say that every signing we make is great? It works both ways. I remember being on holiday in Cornwall in the sunshine on deadline day when my mate texted me to say we had signed Bradders. I was chuffed to bits and thought we had got a bargain. Hasn't quite worked out that way. I think Vydra is a gamble and 8 million is an inflated price. Time will tell if it is a good signing. We all hope it is....

3 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Russell is worth no more than £4m even in today's inflated market. Works hard but no consistency or end product.

I'd take £3m if it was on offer right now as he doesn't fit the sort of wide player NP is looking for. I'd also take 5m for Ince and get in pair of proper wingers

Play Ince in his right position and he could thrive.....

Tom Ince and his best postion there's a topic for debate

imo the guy is all fart and no poo.

always looks like he's about to do something, gets in good positions, takes a nice touch but the end product more often than not isn't there.

maybe Pearson can coax something more out of him in the coming weeks/months but Id swap him in a heartbeat for some genuine width and someone who knows how to play as a conventional wide man.

'

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

and have no CBs other than Keogh, Shackell and an unhappy Rawson?

Who said Rawson unhappy? Paper talks...

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

I like Johnny, i really do but he just isnt a top 6 player, never will be. All endeavor and zero end product, terrible decision maker at times. 

Just a good, middle of the road Championship player and would be a good signing for Bristol

Why has he played in a Derby team that's made the play-off's twice in the last three years then? 

People get massively hung up on players being top 6 or mid-table quality, when in reality you only need a few standout players and a manager with a cohesive system to be successful in the championship.

The whole 'he's got no end product' argument is also pointless. Yeah, he hasn't got a great end product, that's why he's playing in the Championship! We're a championship team, we're going to struggle to find a winger with a regular end product. Theres probably 10 players at most in this league you could argue have consistent end product, if that.

So many teams have gone up with players you wouldn't consider 'top 6 quality'. Most of Bournemouth's team wasn't "top 6 quality", teams like Norwich and Southampton went up with players they'd bought while they were in League One who had nowhere near the pedigree of Russell.

I understand why people want to try something different after a 3/4 seasons of the same players not getting us up, but don't expect dramatic results.

Archived