Jeff Hendrick - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I still can't believe we got 10.5 million (rising to 12.5), for him...God only knows what we could get for Will if the big clubs started to bid for him.

I honestly don't think we'd get much more, if any. I am consistently astonished about how little work premier league scouts seem to do. Hughes goes under the radar because he doesn't score goals and get on the Sky Sports highlight reel. Hendrick was in the same boat, but a couple of decent games in the Euros literally doubled his value. I remember the Zaha to United transfer where any fan of championship football could've told them that Bolasie was the better player. It's taken the expert scouts and coaches at Premier league level 3 years, 12 million quid, and 2 England caps to reach the same conclusion.

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Didn't realise the fee could go above 10.5 with add ons 

just made my day

I was surprised too, but the fee was actually confirmed by Jeff himself (I was lucky enough To see a text message sent from Jeff to a friend on deadline day) total guess but the extra will probably be paid on Burnley staying up.

12 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

I presume that he's left the club?

I must say I'm not surprised by this development. Just a shame that he'll be playing Championship football again so soon after his move next season. 

He'll be poached by a PL club and add to Burnley's parachute money.

(Might even be the Rams!)

On 9/6/2016 at 08:54, Anon said:

I honestly don't think we'd get much more, if any. I am consistently astonished about how little work premier league scouts seem to do. Hughes goes under the radar because he doesn't score goals and get on the Sky Sports highlight reel. Hendrick was in the same boat, but a couple of decent games in the Euros literally doubled his value. I remember the Zaha to United transfer where any fan of championship football could've told them that Bolasie was the better player. It's taken the expert scouts and coaches at Premier league level 3 years, 12 million quid, and 2 England caps to reach the same conclusion.

Exactly this.  If Will scored the same number of goals as Jeff he would've left long ago for at least double what Burnley have just paid.  It's to our benefit that all clubs seem to prefer Pogba/Scholes type to an Iniesta/Xavi

Archived