Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Brizzle - we'll take Russell of you for 1m

Mel - cheapskates, I got FFP to worry about

Brizzle - Alright then, help us get Kodija's price up and with the extra we get we'll give you 3m

Mel, fair enough, I'll get someone to put out a rumour.

Conspiracy theories, love em. 

Have yourself a like:thumbsup: 

3 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Brizzle - we'll take Russell of you for 1m

Mel - cheapskates, I got FFP to worry about

Brizzle - Alright then, help us get Kodija's price up and with the extra we get we'll give you 3m

Mel, fair enough, I'll get someone to put out a rumour.

That's some House of Cards 5hit right there!

Heard today that (if we miss out on Kodjia) we're turning to Rhodes (loan to buy option). Has anyone else heard this or is it just Chinese whispers? 

(Got this from a mate who has an "ITK" contact - normally don't believe him but he "knew" about Vydra the night before so, make of that what you will)

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Heard today that (if we miss out on Kodjia) we're turning to Rhodes (loan to buy option). Has anyone else heard this or is it just Chinese whispers? 

(Got this from a mate who has an "ITK" contact - normally don't believe him but he "knew" about Vydra the night before so, make of that what you will)

Not heard anything but I figured the cheaper option of Rhodes on loan would appeal to us. Would be happy with this

5 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Not heard anything but I figured the cheaper option of Rhodes on loan would appeal to us. Would be happy with this

My worry is that we started this season with Bent, Ince and Blackman- three forwards who don't work hard and rely on perfect service.

Danger is we will replace them with Rhodes, Wilson and Vydra and get the same results - an overrun, deep midfield thirty yards behind them.

We need players hungry for the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

My worry is that we started this season with Bent, Ince and Blackman- three forwards who don't work hard and rely on perfect service.

Danger is we will replace them with Rhodes, Wilson and Vydra and get the same results - an overrun, deep midfield thirty yards behind them.

We need players hungry for the ball. 

Need to find a system or formation and stick with it. Midfield changes all the time, Hughes and Bryson really struggling to play dm. Heard someone mention 532 earlier, really think would tick a lot of boxes for us at the minute 

I'd love Rhodes, with Vydra and Wilson the pace beep beep runners, and Rhodes the man who just waits for them to stick it 5 yards out for a tap in... love it

just depends can we get it to him 5 yards out enough?

He scored a scrappy 2 yard tap in type goal against Bolton last season (Rhodes), and most mocked him for being a goal hanger, right now I'd love to have that sort of player, the amount of times we get it across their box and there's no sodding player there on the of it is maddening.

25 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Need to find a system or formation and stick with it. Midfield changes all the time, Hughes and Bryson really struggling to play dm. Heard someone mention 532 earlier, really think would tick a lot of boxes for us at the minute 

I believe Pearson wants to play 442 and if that is the case we need a big un up front if we sell Martin so I would make sure we got Matt smith of them that way we can actually kick the ball forwards and the opposition centre backs have a big problem because when he wins it which he would the Runners would be in - which would be Vydra next to him and either camara/Ince down one side and either Wilson Russell or wieman down the other. We would also have a threat from set pieces

power and pace. 

In midfield we may end up with a mixture of two from Bryson Hughes Johnson Thorne butterfield.

8 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Using ince, Russell, Weimann, Wilson and Camara as wingers in 442 leaves us too open. Camara the only actual winger and he barely defends. Throw in Hughes and Bryson in midfield who also struggle defensively and looks worrying.

Yep I know all that but we would be able to push teams back with the ability to win the ball and chase it

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yep I know all that but we would be able to push teams back with the ability to win the ball and chase it

Not transpired that way so far has it?'

Hopefully the two weeks training we have together now helps to get a system sorted

21 hours ago, t'oldu said:

Was  it not Rush who said the insurance money went a long way towards  paying for the 2 players we drafted in to replace Hughes and Bryson?

At  Q & A evening. Or someone else from the financial dept. whose name I forget.

Just wages are covered for the injured person.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

7 goals in 14 for Brentford

73 in 124 for Uddersfield

82 in 159 for Blackburn

6 in 18 for Boro

Good old Wiki....assuming those stats are correct, the guy is a machine. 

Better than a goal every other game is some scoring record for Huddersfield and Blackburn...could he do that for us?

Archived