Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

No it is our club, I have followed this club across the country putting a lot of time and resources in to it, it is not just about money. Look what happened to Portsmouth when they spent spent spent.....

47 years a derby fan, I was even at the Real Madrid game where we also paid over the odds for Charlie George...Portsmouth was borrowed money. Anyway doesn't matter now looks Hull are buying him, Murphy to Newcastle maybe bring back Conner Sammon or Hulse... Read Rednapps book Portsmouth was always a shambles we are not. We are very well managed so god knows what your worried about..

5 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

47 years a derby fan, I was even at the Real Madrid game where we also paid over the odds for Charlie George...Portsmouth was borrowed money. Anyway doesn't matter now looks Hull are buying him, Murphy to Newcastle maybe bring back Conner Sammon or Hulse... Read Rednapps book Portsmouth was always a shambles we are not. We are very well managed so god knows what your worried about..

We will just have to agree to disagree Andrew.

2 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

I'm sick of this Derby fan obsession of Rhodes, our fans have such a strange mentality.

Good call, past his best, lacks pace and not how we play as we are hopefully turning to corner with more pace coming in. Did you see the Drinkwater to Vardy pass against Swansea. Something we haven't done for ages. 

1 minute ago, Andrew James said:

Good call, past his best, lacks pace and not how we play as we are hopefully turning to corner with more pace coming in. Did you see the Drinkwater to Vardy pass against Swansea. Something we haven't done for ages. 

Do you think it will be Vydra and Wilson or will we bring another striker in?

21 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Will Hughes has the ability to play those passes without a moments' hesitation but we're stifling his game by playing him much too deep.

21 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Agreed, Rhodes is so one dimensional and offers very little outside of getting on the end of things. Vydra has pace, agility and a finish. Works harder as well.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Will Hughes has the ability to play those passes without a moments' hesitation but we're stifling his game by playing him much too deep.

That's because without Thorne we have no one to drop deep. Until Thorne is fit who have we who can do that unless we sign someone? Agree Hughes is much more effective further forward.

6 hours ago, Andrew James said:

It's not our money !! Why are we hung up on that side, Aston Villa are just about to spend £20m on one player I happy if we buy 4 for £70 m and go up !! 

Your comment completely overlooks the fact that at £14m there may be better players available. The guy was also responding to a post I made suggesting we could pick up Gunnarsson, Wells and Wisdom for roughly the same sum which bolsters 3 positions rather than just the one. I'd love to see Kodija here but we can't continue to be had over by every club we try to buy from and it's perfectly reasonable to question whether a 27 year old with one season in the championship represents any kind of value at the proposed figure. Maybe, maybe not? 

34 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

That's because without Thorne we have no one to drop deep. Until Thorne is fit who have we who can do that unless we sign someone? Agree Hughes is much more effective further forward.

We don't have a proper back-up to Thorne and it's a position we need to recruit for.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

We don't have a proper back-up to Thorne and it's a position we need to recruit for.

We haven't sice eustace/mascarell which is concerning. And neither of them were anyway near the ability of Thorne. I'd write thornes career off so surely he needs replacing 

On the Rhodes debate; he's the kind of player that requires others to do the work for him. He needs to play with another forward who will do the running. But he guarantees you goals. He's got an unbeliable eye for a goal and has a fantastic heading ability. Vydra and Rhodes would be the kind of partnership that would work, seeing as Vyds is a workhorse. 

Would certainly have him over Martin. Don't be too quick to forget how excellent he was for Blackburn, year in, year out.

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

The one thing I've noticed with people who don't rate Martin is that they use incorrect statistics to make their point and then ignore you when you correct them.

I blame Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage and Donald Trump.  Stating your opinion as fact, rather than considering the facts hasn't been this popular since 1930's Germany.

7 minutes ago, cannable said:

The one thing I've noticed with people who don't rate Martin is that they use incorrect statistics to make their point and then ignore you when you correct them.

I rate Martin and the interest in him suggests other clubs do. If he is sold it will be down to the system NP wants that brought him all the success at Fester.

Archived