Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I wasn't moaning. I just don't think we need to buy any more strikers, we need to focus on actually giving them something to work with. They have been feeding on scraps this season at best and it shows in our goals scored tally. It's not like Bent and Martin can't hit the net if you give them the right service.

It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.  We all need to get used to huge fees when the Prem is awash with so much cash.

Football maybe, the only industry where trickle down actually works? 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ashram said:

It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.  We all need to get used to huge fees when the Prem is awash with so much cash.

Football maybe, the only industry where trickle down actually works? 

It is a trickle too. FFP in conjunction with the now astronomical parachute payments just might make the premier league effectively a closed shop.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

It is a trickle too. FFP in conjunction with the now astronomical parachute payments just might make the premier league effectively a closed shop.

Aston Villa and Newcastle are spreading it around with abandon

chris baird is an amazing  defender surely we cant hold on to him everyone must want him . Villa/Newcastle are you listening ? im sure you might be able to get him cheap 10 million i heard he wants out of derby county he knows he bigger than the club.

Love this reply:

Still would have liked him here but I wouldnt have been comfortable with a 15m tag, said I thought 14m was ridiculous when that was being touted about. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Love this reply:

Still would have liked him here but I wouldnt have been comfortable with a 15m tag, said I thought 14m was ridiculous when that was being touted about. 

Lol, I didn't know you were using your own money. We are being out bid for the people we are interested in which is now a concern, as the last 3 years we have not been able to get up... 

4 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Lol, I didn't know you were using your own money. We are being out bid for the people we are interested in which is now a concern, as the last 3 years we have not been able to get up... 

It has to be my money for me to have an opinion on how much is spent? :blink:

You'll always get outbid by clubs with more money to spend. If we hadn't spent £20m last season we'd still be being outbid by Newcastle/Villa. That's what happens when big clubs get relegated. 

Personally don't think Villa/Newcastle are helping themselves, in the long term. 

£15m for Kodjia is an outrageous risk, on value for money, obviously not a financial risk for them, they have bags to spend. 

Archived