Pearson unveiled - lunch today

dajstrawb

Having watched the interview last night, 2 words came to me with regards to Nigel Pearson - Authority, Confidence

In my opinion this is exactly what the squad needs - they need to know that the man in charge fully believes in what he is doing.
Whether it works or not we can only wait and see.
(I just hope the new pitch is ready in time - seems to be taking an age)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, TelTheRam said:

Having watched the interview last night, 2 words came to me with regards to Nigel Pearson - Authority, Confidence

In my opinion this is exactly what the squad needs - they need to know that the man in charge fully believes in what he is doing.
Whether it works or not we can only wait and see.
(I just hope the new pitch is ready in time - seems to be taking an age)

Well if it doesn't work then it WILL be down to the players. Pearson is proven in both the top 2 leagues and arguably his team just won the prem title.

If those crop of players can't play for a manager like him then we are in trouble and Pearson will then have to bring in his own players.

Mel and Sam - Nigel Pearson in absolute control of football matters and expected to have a massive input into the Club as a whole Funds available within Fair Play constraints. Two people with managerial success who have already worked together. Nigel has already worked with Kevin Phillips and Pascal Zuhberbuhler. If Darren Wassall can be happy with all of that then this is already the job of a lifetime in place for Nigel Pearson.and he knows it.A clean start with a chance to  really build a club. Play offs is the realistic target for next season and potentially automatic the following season, if we do not get promoted through the Play Offs next year.

Nigel is up against some really good managers this season at Newcastle, Norrwch, Aston Villa, Sheff Wed, Leeds  and Brighton, so he has it all on and a two year attempt at the Premiership seems more realistic to me. Only three can go up.

I assume that the relegated teams can spend all their parachute money on players this season plus a bit.

How many first team squad players do you think that we have got now who who can play consistently for a whole season with the level of intensity expected by Pearson? A wild guess on my part would be about SIX players.

I watched the full interview with Natalie( her of the large bugle) and I thought she asked the right questions,he didn't look too comfortable.She asked about the Derbyway,and he swerved away from that.I noticed in his press conference that nobody mentioned it,either. The good news could be that its been kicked out of touch.

4 hours ago, Rampage said:

Mel and Sam - Nigel Pearson in absolute control of football matters and expected to have a massive input into the Club as a whole Funds available within Fair Play constraints. Two people with managerial success who have already worked together. Nigel has already worked with Kevin Phillips and Pascal Zuhberbuhler. If Darren Wassall can be happy with all of that then this is already the job of a lifetime in place for Nigel Pearson.and he knows it.A clean start with a chance to  really build a club. Play offs is the realistic target for next season and potentially automatic the following season, if we do not get promoted through the Play Offs next year.

Nigel is up against some really good managers this season at Newcastle, Norrwch, Aston Villa, Sheff Wed, Leeds  and Brighton, so he has it all on and a two year attempt at the Premiership seems more realistic to me. Only three can go up.

I assume that the relegated teams can spend all their parachute money on players this season plus a bit.

How many first team squad players do you think that we have got now who who can play consistently for a whole season with the level of intensity expected by Pearson? A wild guess on my part would be about SIX players.

Parachute payments for Newcastle and Villa will be eaten up by their astronomical wage bills.

46 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

I watched the full interview with Natalie( her of the large bugle) and I thought she asked the right questions,he didn't look too comfortable.She asked about the Derbyway,and he swerved away from that.I noticed in his press conference that nobody mentioned it,either. The good news could be that its been kicked out of touch.

Clearly you haven't a clue what it is anyway, so why bother making a snide comment?

18 hours ago, ashram said:

I see trouble ahead. Seemed to me like everyone was treading on eggshells.! Proper corporate interview situation!!

Mel needs to lighten up. And his subordinates will follow suit. Think difference between Stuart Lancaster and Eddie Jones?

That's the way Mel operates though, he's a businessman first and foremost and a fan second. He's into all the corporate stuff with press conferences and he's hands on, I'd love him to go into the background, but lets face it he pays the bills and he's got a right to want the best surely?. you don't spend 25m quid on players and 100m quid on the facilities and not take a keen interest.

I think they could get on strangely lol, the pair could become good friends we don't know

14 hours ago, ramit said:

You have all missed the most telling moments.  At 13.15 when a question is directed at Sam you can clearly see Nigel mouthing the word Bat and Chris immediately frowning in agreement and at 13.24 Chris turns to glare at Sam and also mouths Bat and at 13.50 it's all over as Mel mouths the word Gone.

Keep your eyes to the sky in the coming days for a large doughnut bearded mammal flapping away in a westerly direction.

Have I missed something? Watched that part back a couple of times and can't see anything. Or have I been had? ?

Archived