Pearson unveiled - lunch today

dajstrawb

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Mel, came under heavy criticism last season, seems to have taken a back seat and listened to what the fans want. Very sensible getting a manager in, and one with something about him. Us fans need to be patient and not expect to walk the league, some very good teams with good managers in the championship next season, going to be an exciting one COYR! 

2 hours ago, Half fan said:

Although I do not know what Mel said secondly, I stll rate this a disturbing reply. Successful people often reply to a difficult question with a quip like Mel's, as a cover up to avoid telling the truth or an outright lie.

A more reassuring answer would have been that he and Sam have consciously decided to offer Nigel the post of Manager and not Head Coach as his two predecessors were, and have given him the scope and key to the dressing room door which the role of Manager warrants.

Worse still, the fact that Mel refers to Schteve and PC as Managers when they weren't, suggests that he fails to see the difference between Manager and Coach.

I hope Nigel pursues this issue in private with Mel and Sam this afternoon. If Nigel left tonight, leaving Mel on the floor, I wouldn't be surprised.

What is the evidence exactly showing that he interfered? Whatever , the important thing is that Mel has changed tack and realised an experienced manager is right for us at this point and for that he deserves a lot of credit. He calls it part of the 'evolution' of the club which is a tactful way of describing learning from mistakes.

Just now, YouRams said:

Fair play to Mel, came under heavy criticism last season, seems to have taken a back seat and listened to what the fans want. Very sensible getting a manager in, and one with something about him. Us fans need to be patient and not expect to walk the league, some very good teams with good managers in the championship next season, going to be an exciting one COYR! 

Hit the nail on the head there, patience will be key. Unfortunately some of the experts on here will only give him 6 games before they start spouting their tripe.

14 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Hit the nail on the head there, patience will be key. Unfortunately some of the experts on here will only give him 6 games before they start spouting their tripe.

They need to ask themselves do we want to be that team like the gumps and Leeds having more managers than wins in a season or do we want stability hopefully leading to the premier league. He's the man to take us up but it could take more than one season as it did with Leicester. 

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

They need to ask themselves do we want to be that team like the gumps and Leeds having more managers than wins in a season or do we want stability hopefully leading to the premier league. He's the man to take us up but it could take more than one season as it did with Leicester. 

There's some will boo him if we're not promoted in the next month.

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Some trained psychologists on here with a deep understanding of the mentality of football players and all those running a club. 

Crazy innit? 

Mel could say "sorry I'm late, I went to the shop"

What does he mean? Does he mean "Sorry! (that I'm here) I'm late (a statement on its own) I went to the shop.

What shop? A metaphorical shop? Did he mean we're getting a new striker? Or does he mean he put himself in the shop window and he's selling us to a Greek criminal. 

It's difficult to break down and get what he really means. I've watched it over and over again and when he said shop he had a glint in his eye. I think he might be trying to bring Yaya Toure in. 

Or does "I've been to the shop" still mean "I've had a gangbang with the players wives and Colin Gibson while Gordon Guthrie sponged down Shackell. Tom Ince was invited but refused." 

Always more to these interviews than meets the eye

12 minutes ago, eddie said:

There's some will boo him if we're not promoted in the next month.

If and when they do they need to be drowned out. only an idiot thinks its going to be a walk in the park.. 3 seasons of failure really should have humbled most of our fans imo.

Have now had time to watch the whole recording.

The important conclusion is that when when Mel and NP go head to head as they will at some point, they will both respect the conclusion of their conversation and move on - and the players will know that the resulting decisions are club decisions and not personal ones about which some other executive might have reservations. A bit like having two parents who sing from the same hymn sheet - no chink for unruly kids to exploit or moan about.

And the selection of Chris Powell glues this cornerstone in place simply because of the historical bond Chris has with Nigel and their mutual respect as football people.

This augurs well for the focus and consistency clearly needed to gain promotion.

Mel, NIgel and Chris- what a trio of guys! (I suppose some might say, what a threesome.)

41 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Crazy innit? 

What does he mean? Does he mean "Sorry! (that I'm here) I'm late (a statement on its own) I went to the shop.

What shop? A metaphorical shop? Did he mean we're getting a new striker? Or does he mean he put himself in the shop window and he's selling us to a Greek criminal. 

It's difficult to break down and get what he really means. I've watched it over and over again and when he said shop he had a glint in his eye. I think he might be trying to bring Yaya Toure in. 

Or does "I've been to the shop" still mean "I've had a gangbang with the players wives and Colin Gibson while Gordon Guthrie sponged down Shackell. Tom Ince was invited but refused." 

Typical Tom Ince he ******* hates Derby…………and he's lazy…….and errrrrrr, yeah! Boooooooooooooooooooooo

Just watched it.

All you need to do is look at the ties. The boss and three weak yes men. :ph34r:

Only kidding, the all spoke well, very strong united front placed, with the odd moment of warmth from Powell.

He fielded the Leicester question very well.

Mel's comment about interfering, meh, they were hoping he'd bite after the dressing room thing. Perhaps not scathing wit, but no story there either. 

I suspect under Pearson's exterior he's a bit of a nutter who might say something daft under stress about ornithology.

What a difference between this time last year and today.  Last year we had an understandably nervous, unsure PC being led through his press conference, hand being held by Mel and Sam.  This time we had the assured and measured responses of a manager in total control.  NP emits confidence.  I was excited by PC's appointment last year and hoped he would grow into the job, which to be fair he was doing. But, even though NP wouldn't have been my choice as manager, that interview has given me confidence Mel has got this one right.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I suspect under Pearson's exterior he's a bit of a nutter who might say something daft under stress about ornithology.

Pearson once said this 

"its best to be yourself because under the pressure and stress your real self will come out anyway"

He might be a nutter but he's our nutter :) 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Crazy innit? 

What did he mean by 'eye'?

Would he be implying "Eye, eye went into the dressing room and undermeyened the manager, eye cannot leye".

48 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Just watched it.

All you need to do is look at the ties. The boss and three weak yes men. :ph34r:

Only kidding, the all spoke well, very strong united front placed, with the odd moment of warmth from Powell.

He fielded the Leicester question very well.

Mel's comment about interfering, meh, they were hoping he'd bite after the dressing room thing. Perhaps not scathing wit, but no story there either. 

I thought that too, and came to the conclusion that Mel is dead, much like Paul McCartney on the Abbey Road cover.

25 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I thought that too, and came to the conclusion that Mel is dead, much like Paul McCartney on the Abbey Road cover.

Mel's got bare feet?

Archived