Pearson unveiled - lunch today

dajstrawb

Some trained psychologists on here with a deep understanding of the mentality of football players and all those running a club. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Really interesting quote to people thinking he is certain to play 4-4-2

He might try something else, but I'd be amazed if he didn't end up back at 4-4-2. We tried 3 at the back a few times, it was a winner in the prem to stay up, but poor in the championship and we went back to 4-4-2 pretty quickly.

It's what he knows, what he's comfortable with and it fits the sort of players that he likes. Nothing is ever cast iron obviously.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

It also completely undermines the role of the manager. Shouldn't be happening.

if you want to give the manager a bollocking then fair enough, but not in front of the players 

Not reading too much into that but it was a positive :)

I loved his response to Rob Dorsett.. I get the feeling he actually likes him lol

Just watched the full interview and at last we'll have a direction and a leader, how much more professional do we look already compared to a few weeks ago?... early days but Mel to seemed to take a back seat in that interview and it was Nigel who did all the talking and leading. 

Roll on next season!!

Just now, DCFCArmy said:

Just watched the full interview and at last we'll have a direction and a leader, how much more professional do we look already compared to a few weeks ago?... early days but Mel to seemed to take a back seat in that interview and it was Nigel who did all the talking and leading. 

Roll on next season!!

well he didn't have a choice the media directed the questions to Nigel.

No ostrich gags, no throat chokes, no storming out, didn't unveil Kante, mahrez and vardy as our new signings.

pretty dull really!!

on a positive note, looks like he won't take no **** and he will take accountability for what happens on the pitch, no hiding behind player recruitment staff. Looks good to me

Just watched Nigel Pearson's interview. I was very impressed. Articulate, passionate and focused. Above all he looks delighted to be our new manager. He knows that he is onto a good thing here. His use of the word, 'we' seems to suggest that he has already settled. No ridiculous promises about promotion or timescale.He knows that there is amissing ingredient. Let us hope that he finds it.

His comments about developing the Club seemed sketchy but he must know what he means by it. 

All in all, an impressive start. 

32 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Just watched Nigel Pearson's interview. I was very impressed. Articulate, passionate and focused. Above all he looks delighted to be our new manager. He knows that he is onto a good thing here. His use of the word, 'we' seems to suggest that he has already settled. No ridiculous promises about promotion or timescale.He knows that there is amissing ingredient. Let us hope that he finds it.

His comments about developing the Club seemed sketchy but he must know what he means by it. 

All in all, an impressive start. 

I think what he was alluding to was he wants to grow with the club, insert his ideals and hopefully the players will rise to the challenge. I have no doubt that if any player starts sulking or putting in average performances, they will be out on their ear.

I think the days of 2 good 8 bad performances from our big players will be a thing of the past. Would be great to see Ince putting in top performances in consistently, yes he will have bad games but if he performs like we know he can he could be immense for us.

Loved the interviews, and just looking at his pics, he looks like a proud dad lol.

Archived