Pearson unveiled - lunch today

dajstrawb

2 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

If and when they do they need to be drowned out. only an idiot thinks its going to be a walk in the park.. 3 seasons of failure really should have humbled most of our fans imo.

Just drowned will do 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good press conference, Pearson, comes across very well, and you can see he will command respect in the changing room, and else where for that matter, and nice to hear rush say all footballing issues is down to Mr Pearson, and I think Mr Powell will work very well with Pearson, yes he will need time to shape the squad in what he wants, but I feel we have the right set up to move forward.

I see trouble ahead. Seemed to me like everyone was treading on eggshells.! Proper corporate interview situation!!

Mel needs to lighten up. And his subordinates will follow suit. Think difference between Stuart Lancaster and Eddie Jones?

5 minutes ago, ashram said:

I see trouble ahead. Seemed to me like everyone was treading on eggshells.! Proper corporate interview situation!!

Mel needs to lighten up. And his subordinates will follow suit. Think difference between Stuart Lancaster and Eddie Jones?

We seem to have plenty of amateur psychologists on this board. I think people are dissecting every last sentence and making far more of it than it was. The two main  men have been pilloried in the press over the last year or so and looked a little nervous st the prospect of facing them again. Let them get on with it, give them time, I for one think good times are ahead. Just need to show a little patience and above all support. 

If Mel didn't think he could work with him he wouldn't of hired him. My guess is PC went yes Mel, no Mel, 3 bags full Mel, then walked off with no intention of changing anything.

on the other hand NP will just tell him straight if he's talking ****** and the will sort it out, then what's agreed after the handbags will be what happens

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

If Mel didn't think he could work with him he wouldn't of hired him. My guess is PC went yes Mel, no Mel, 3 bags full Mel, then walked off with no intention of changing anything.

I got that sense from his answer as well.

I also took from Sam Rush on the question about manager/head coach that their 3 season review had included the realisation that it wasn't going to be the way they thought is was when the 13/14 side were looking sexy and they went "cracked it, this is how we roll"

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

We seem to have plenty of amateur psychologists on this board. I think people are dissecting every last sentence and making far more of it than it was. The two main  men have been pilloried in the press over the last year or so and looked a little nervous st the prospect of facing them again. Let them get on with it, give them time, I for one think good times are ahead. Just need to show a little patience and above all support. 

How dare you! I'm semi-pro. I always detect the killer on those Scandi thrillers on BBC4

As an optimist, you might think that Pearson could come into what is a big squad with a core of real talent and have  a similar effect to McClaren on the Clough squad and step the performance level up a notch or two. Clear out half a dozen fringe players and bring in 2 genuine improvements, get 'em organised and playing with a snarl and we'd take some stopping.

This is the scenario I'll be clinging to until we're 2-0 down to Wigan at 3:15 on August 6th.

Pearson unveiled - lunch today?.......Well I've watched it twice, and on both occasions, Pearson failed to unveil any lunch!

He didn't even offer anyone any IPro juice, never mind offering anyone a sausage sandwich and chips!

Booooooooooooo!........Hope he's better at unveiling dinner, and we all get a decent portion of Rhubarb & Custard for pudding!

Ps.......Nigel is a nice name, it fits well with Derby County.

36 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Pearson unveiled - lunch today?.......Well I've watched it twice, and on both occasions, Pearson failed to unveil any lunch!

He didn't even offer anyone any IPro juice, never mind offering anyone a sausage sandwich and chips!

Booooooooooooo!........Hope he's better at unveiling dinner, and we all get a decent portion of Rhubarb & Custard for pudding!

Can I point you towards the burgeoning"Pearson Out" thread which will expand into a heartwarming collection of all those memories of spuriously slating Pearson for an eclectic range of tenuous reasons.

With the support of the fine contribution of many members I hope to.have the thread expanding to "Game of Thornes" levels before we face Sheffield Utd and surpassing"Wassall out" for undeserved vitriol before opening day.

58 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Don't think any of the four had the slightest intention of partaking in the iPro juice - no glasses on the table and not the occasion for swigging the stuff straight out of the bottle.

My take was that the interview was something two men( Morris'and Pearson )just wanted to get out of the way having both not done brilliantly with the media in recent times  and just get on with the job of getting derby county football club right , Pearson is very clearly a football man through and through and that's the inviroment where he is comfortable and shines , I don't need Mel to admit any mistakes or make any explanations ,,, he clearly feels Pearson is the right man to run football side of things and I agree with him,, it's not Nigel persons reputation that will keep Mel in check if he needs it , it's his respect for Pearson as a football man that will do the job ,, I reckon behind the scenes they will have some right old football debates and both treat each other with respect for the roles they both have at the club and build a good relationship which Derby county will profit from ,,, let's get behind them now and be part of the team

You have all missed the most telling moments.  At 13.15 when a question is directed at Sam you can clearly see Nigel mouthing the word Bat and Chris immediately frowning in agreement and at 13.24 Chris turns to glare at Sam and also mouths Bat and at 13.50 it's all over as Mel mouths the word Gone.

Keep your eyes to the sky in the coming days for a large doughnut bearded mammal flapping away in a westerly direction.

8 hours ago, Pip McStudly said:

2:09 - 2:34

Does Sam Rush slip in to a coma? 

It's like someone's hypnotised him, after 30 seconds he comes to, I wonder what his trigger word is and what he's now been programmed to do?

Sausages.

31 minutes ago, eddie said:

Sausages.

That was just Sam rush thinking about lunch. It's a sign of the collapse of the club, rumour has it everyone wanted lunch at 12 before the press release but Nigel wouldn't let them, so Sam was annoyed and refused to get involved with the press as much. Rumour has it Chris Martin was in on this too as he was looking forward to a sausage and mash lunch and when he didn't get it he got violent and threw sausages everywhere. You heard it here first #itk :ph34r:

14 hours ago, roosram said:

What a difference between this time last year and today.  Last year we had an understandably nervous, unsure PC being led through his press conference, hand being held by Mel and Sam.  This time we had the assured and measured responses of a manager in total control.  NP emits confidence.  I was excited by PC's appointment last year and hoped he would grow into the job, which to be fair he was doing. But, even though NP wouldn't have been my choice as manager, that interview has given me confidence Mel has got this one right.

Agreed.  The right kind of appointment at this point in time and done early enough to get us prepared for the season.  Interested in what other aspects of the club Nigel wishes to develop - Mel clearly taken with Nigel's experience of doing this and some of our Leicester forum chums did tip us off about his wider strategic approach.

Use of the word "tweaks" to playing staff was interesting; was this honest answer about largely sticking with what we have (given FFP etc.) or down-playing expectations? I'm going to enjoy watching this unfold... I love pre-season

Archived