Pearson unveiled - lunch today

dajstrawb

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Rob Dorsett question put to Mel Morris...

''Nigel's a strong manager with a strong mind, will you be able to leave him to the job that he does?''

Mel

''well firstly i haven't interfered with the last managers in fairness (awkward laugh)''

bit of a petty response from Mel, certainly the stick he got for going in the dressing room hit a nerve

on a separate note...cant help but be excited by the arrival of Pearson, very optimistic for next season

How is that a petty response? 

9 minutes ago, admira said:

Do you think he will add his son to the playing staff? Where is he now anyway?

At Barnet on a "non-contract basis"

And, @DerbyRevolution I don't think B'burn will be better off with Coyle. 

45 minutes ago, Rample said:

Lol. I forgot Natalie Jackson, I seriously fear for her life. She isn't capable of conducting an interview with a 6 year of about their favourite Haribo let alone tackling NP.

That is a wonderful piece of writing :lol: thanks formgiving me a lunchtime grin 

Just now, DerbyRevolution said:

I just found it a bit uncomfortable, he clearly did 'interfere' by entering the dressing room

A simple answer of 'Yes I will let him get on with it thats why we've hired him'

going into the dressing room to say that's not good enough is not interfering, it's not telling the manager who to pick or how to do his job. Its telling him the result and performance was not good enough.

1 minute ago, DerbyRevolution said:

A simple answer of 'Yes I will let him get on with it thats why we've hired him'

Except that it would be seized upon by some fans as an admission that he'd interfered in the past. He can't win with some people.......

I do get the impression from what Mel Morris said today about getting in some new players, tweaking the squad really, but obviously keeping within FFP rules means that Nigel Pearson won't have another £25 Million to spend this season unlike last season. He will certainly have to make the squad he's inherited find a good deal more consistency over a whole season. Hopefully him & Chris Powell are the men to do it.

49 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

''Nigel's a strong manager with a strong mind, will you be able to leave him to the job that he does?''

Mel

''well firstly i haven't interfered with the last managers in fairness (awkward laugh)''

Although I do not know what Mel said secondly, I stll rate this a disturbing reply. Successful people often reply to a difficult question with a quip like Mel's, as a cover up to avoid telling the truth or an outright lie.

A more reassuring answer would have been that he and Sam have consciously decided to offer Nigel the post of Manager and not Head Coach as his two predecessors were, and have given him the scope and key to the dressing room door which the role of Manager warrants.

Worse still, the fact that Mel refers to Schteve and PC as Managers when they weren't, suggests that he fails to see the difference between Manager and Coach.

I hope Nigel pursues this issue in private with Mel and Sam this afternoon. If Nigel left tonight, leaving Mel on the floor, I wouldn't be surprised.

25 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

The squad only needs tweaking anyway, swap out 2 or 3 players and I think we'd be golden.

Agreed. 3 at most. Winger. Defensive battler to cover Thorne (Matty James ;)) and a new striker with some pace. 

46 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Leeds get Monk

Blackburn get Coyle

Villa get Di Matteo 

all 3 will be better for those appointments

Not so sure Villa will be. Di Matteo is a very hands off mamager. That's not what they need right now. I suspect the Chinese consortium were wooed by Di Matteo's trophy cabinet...

34 minutes ago, davenportram said:

going into the dressing room to say that's not good enough is not interfering, it's not telling the manager who to pick or how to do his job. Its telling him the result and performance was not good enough.

It also completely undermines the role of the manager. Shouldn't be happening.

if you want to give the manager a bollocking then fair enough, but not in front of the players 

3 minutes ago, Half fan said:

Although I do not know what Mel said secondly, I stll rate this a disturbing reply. Successful people often reply to a difficult question with a quip like Mel's, as a cover up to avoid telling the truth or an outright lie.

A more reassuring answer would have been that he and Sam have consciously decided to offer Nigel the post of Manager and not Head Coach as his two predecessors were, and have given him the scope and key to the dressing room door which the role of Manager warrants.

Worse still, the fact that Mel refers to Schteve and PC as Managers when they weren't, suggests that he fails to see the difference between Manager and Coach.

I hope Nigel pursues this issue in private with Mel and Sam this afternoon. If Nigel left tonight, leaving Mel on the floor, I wouldn't be surprised.

listen to the interview, link to the full video is in the previous page.

Sam rush states that he expects NP to control footballing matters, also NP said a job title is a job title he just manages people.

I think you have jumped to at least two conclusions without listening for yourself

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It also completely undermines the role of the manager. Shouldn't be happening.

if you want to give the manager a bollocking then fair enough, but not in front of the players 

not really, the players would know about it either way.

Archived