Chris Martin

Lord_Ram

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Your view  - categorically never called "the Derby Way" and never alluded to a Derby playing style or management style; merely a corporate vision.  Perhaps you cannot get this or  just you buy in to the PR.

BTW not anti Mel just don't like history being modified/re-written.

So the 6 of us went round Moor Farm last May are what? liars? deluded fools? brainwashed sheep?

We had a conversation with MM much of which was about how he wants us to play attractive, attacking football.

He may not have called it 'The Derby Way', and I'll agree that was an ill chosen phrase, but he certainly did reference both the style of play and managerial qualities necessary to fit his vision, even when he first came on board.

I do think that some decisions he's made since have been contrary to his words, though.

The term "attractive football" is misleading. What may be attractive to one may not be attractive to another. Gary Neville had an orgasm a few years back watching Atletico Madrid's defending when they played Chelsea a few years ago. Guardiola's football at Barcelona was the pinnacle of attractive football but some on here found their football boring. I find a good tactical battle attractive but maybe that's me being nostalgic after watching Serie A on channel 4 whilst growing up.

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I do think that some decisions he's made since have been contrary to his words, though

I do not doubt it and it was not my point. I was referring to "The Derby Way" and I'll remind everyone not so far back as Feb 8/9th, this year. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article4686113.ece

And so was created the meme "The Derby Way" epitomised by the way we played at our last home,  or conversely our last away match.

10 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

I do not doubt it and it was not my point. I was referring to "The Derby Way" and I'll remind everyone not so far back as Feb 8/9th, this year. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article4686113.ece

And so was created the meme "The Derby Way" epitomised by the way we played at our last home,  or conversely our last away match.

So your problem is what Mel called his vision, rather than the ethos itself?

14 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

So your problem is what Mel called his vision, rather than the ethos itself?

No problems with either to be truthful, I was being factual  - "TDY" was coined in February and not before. Now does it matter? well yes because of what some of us dared to ask at the time:

In the press "TDY" became the reason for PC's sacking but was this really a euphemism and "TDY" was the first expression (sound-bite) that came into Mel's mind?

To me "TDY" appears like it is a very doubtful  reason for dismissal  because with DW, Mel actually did what good managers should do and brought in a mentor (or whatever you wish to call HR) to assist.  This could've been done with PC, even it was a disagreement at footballing level, this because PC was a novice coach just as DW. Of course it is possible that PC refused any help but this was a bit like throwing away a safety rope on the face of a cliff.

Therefore the question(s) is/are obvious and asked at the time:

Did PC do something wrong in the personal sphere or did the two have a major spat. Either way "TDY" was a  misnomer.

Whatever way TDY was not coined before February this last season.

1 minute ago, Lokidoki said:

No problems with either to be truthful, I was being factual  - "TDY" was coined in February and not before. Now does it matter? well yes because of what some of us dared to ask at the time:

In the press "TDY" became the reason for PC's sacking but was this really a euphemism and "TDY" was the first expression (sound-bite) that came into Mel's mind?

To me "TDY" appears like it is a very doubtful  reason for dismissal  because with DW, Mel actually did what good managers should do and brought in a mentor (or whatever you wish to call HR) to assist.  This could've been done with PC, even it was a disagreement at footballing level, this because PC was a novice coach just as DW. Of course it is possible that PC refused any help but this was a bit like throwing away a safety rope on the face of a cliff.

Therefore the question(s) is/are obvious and asked at the time:

Did PC do something wrong in the personal sphere or did the two have a major spat. Either way "TDY" was a  misnomer.

Whatever way TDY was not coined before February this last season.

I'm with you now, TDW as cover for the real reason for getting shot of PC.

I agree there must have been more to it than made out, and a big personal clash between the two, those January signings make no sense otherwise.

Regardless, I think Mel's been pretty clear all along on his plans for the club, even before he formally christened them.

12 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

Chris Martin has withdrawn from the Scotland squad for the upcoming friendlies with Italy & France ?

strange one - has he got an injury or a move 

Alan Hutton and Lee Wallace have also withdrawn. Strange. 

56 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

Chris Martin has withdrawn from the Scotland squad for the upcoming friendlies with Italy & France ?

strange one - has he got an injury or a move 

He said on Rams player last week in regard to the friendlies that he would have to wait and see what sort of shape he was in - "It's been a long, hard season carrying more than a few knocks".

Interesting that we take for granted the close physical attention he gets every game from the opposing centre backs. Some are quick to judge the wardrobe but he is also subject to some fairly heavy duty assaults week in, week out. 

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

He said on Rams player last week in regard to the friendlies that he would have to wait and see what sort of shape he was in - "It's been a long, hard season carrying more than a few knocks".

Interesting that we take for granted the close physical attention he gets every game from the opposing centre backs. Some are quick to judge the wardrobe but he is also subject to some fairly heavy duty assaults week in, week out. 

TBF he has a good lie down in most matches ;)

17 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

no quote

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

What kind of commitment to Derby is this, preferring to be right for next season, get rid of the lazy, selfish....oh wait..

14 minutes ago, sage said:

What kind of commitment to Derby is this, preferring to be right for next season, get rid of the lazy, selfish....oh wait..

If its nothing serious I highly doubt sitting on the Scotland bench would of affected being ready for next season.

Most likely is that he couldn't be arsed to travel up to Scotland! lazy ******.

If he already has trained and travelled maybe he made up something so he could go check on his missus at home :ph34r:

Not up for making up the numbers as Strachen isn't that keen on him why put himself through the bother.

He's no a true Scot like Bryson, Russell and fozzy. I think Bryson would sweat blood and eat broken glass to pull on a Scotland shirt. But I'm sure the SFA dietitian is more up to date than that.

Archived