Derby County v Ipswich Town

eddie

I hate "I told you so " posts ! No need . Yeah OK GT has got injured today which was terrible but that's not wassalls fault . That's could happen anytime in any game it's an unfortunate  part of the game . Personally I think Wass did the right thing in trying to keep the momentum going but for whatever reason we weren't at the races today . Probably due to a negative typical Mick McCarthy style team , who don't like to play themselves never mind let anyone else play . 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is some booolex being spouted on here by some potential Mystic Megs. Anyone with all this knowledge after the game know the lottery numbers for tonight.

I predict that when we play Hull it will be completely different to today both home and away.

My second prediction is the previous results against Hull have no bearing on the next two games. We're in the play offs I'm sure when it's all over some self claimed know it all on here will claim either that's what he suggested or things should have been done differently. 

The only thing I can say to said fonts of all knowledge about football is how come your not in the dug out at the Ipro???

52 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Not just the negativity but the condescending know it all nature of their posts.

I've said for years I don't know how the mexican gets away with it, especially considering how often he's been wrong, how he has an opinion on anything an everything whether he's seen the game or not and how little he actually sees of live football and now it seems he has a young challenger to his throne.

The modern day armchair expert know it all fan who probably hasn't kicked a ball, never mind at any decent level does my nut in.

The Mexican probably gets away with it because he adds more to this forum than pointless comments and an irrational love for an average ex-manager who drove people away for his negative football.

I don't know it all. But I evidently know more than you which must string pretty bad.:thumbsup:

Maybe we shouLd stop bitching about who should or shouldn't have played and start talking about how we played and more imporatantly what set up we might have next week.

I reckon we did well for 20 odd mins .. Didn't get the luck of the bounce but looked healthy and sparky

pen was against the run of play. Ince was marked or bullied and not at his best. 

Bottom line we've lost GT but we have a squad and a good team of lads with talent and spirit. So let's just wind our necks back in a teensy bit and consider a game plan .. We are supporters not pundits on TV aren't we ? 

I would also suggest playing first XI wasn't just about momentum. Would hope DW would have been trying out few bits and pieces too.building partnerships, trying new deadball routines, maybe players trying varied passes from the back with different runners etc.

We have big squad and a week to get sorted..Thorne is always a risk so we have no excuses to not still thump Hull again. Get over it. 

18 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The Mexican probably gets away with it because he adds more to this forum than pointless comments and an irrational love for an average ex-manager who drove people away for his negative football.

I don't know it all. But I evidently know more than you which must string pretty bad.:thumbsup:

I've got a decent excuse for my irrational love for that average ex manager.

What's your excuse for spunking over Barcelona or Guardiola week in week out.

You THINK you know more than me. I've forgotten more than you'll ever know hombre.

You like your pointless stats and streaks and sequences that prove sod all

You've got 9500 post and only 4158  likes. I've got 1900 and odd posts and nearly 1400 likes.

Evidently you don't add as much to the forum as your legend in your own mind would have you believe.

And I bet that strings pretty bad.

Jeez! Looking through this thread you're all like a load of old washer women ( and who'll be the first to say that's sexist?). I've got more likes than you. Mines bigger than yours. I know more than you. My Dad can beat yours. Takes me back to Nightingale Juniors. 

Get a life. I'm off to the pub. 

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Hull played it perfectly. Rest players when 4th spot was all-but tied up, and then play  strong team in the final home game of the season against lowly Rotherham for a major confidence booster.

Hull will go in to the playoffs fresh and brimming with confidence. Derby will go in bruised, feeling sorry for themselves and in the knowledge they've not won in three, scoring just two goals.

If indeed Derby will go to the playoffs feeling sorry for themselves and thinking about last three games they deserve to lose.

However, I have known some professional coaches and players in different sports and I can guarentee our players or the staff are not thinking about regular season. They do for this for living and what happens inside of the professional sports team is so far away of thoughts of us regular forum posters that it can't even be comprihended before you see the difference from inside.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Because it was ever so predictable what was going to happen. Abroad Wassall's decision to play his strongest team in a game with nothing to gain and everything to lose before a hugely important game would be a sackable offence. So so naive to play the strongest team today. Obviously he could have not forseseen Thorne's injury but why give an opportunity for that to take place when he could have easily rested him, especially in a position where we don't have a like for like player with Hanson injured. 

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

So, what's done is done. I'm calling on @Chris Millsto salvage the end of the season, take up the mantle again, and bring us home to the promised Premier League land. #ChrisTheRedeemer #WinItForGeorge

We need fresh blood for the play offs, there must be a universally respected poster who hasn't started a matchday thread, surely?

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

We need fresh blood for the play offs, there must be a universally respected poster who hasn't started a matchday thread, surely?

and i was just about to volunteer my services

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Think b4 you post in future 

At 0-0 in our game with Hull losing at home to Rotherham, we had nowt to play for did we!? Jeez, get a grip people. We were playing for 4th place. The injury to GT was unfortunate and unforeseen. George is part of a squad that is strong enough to take us up. Believe, and get behind the boys!!

Best wishes to George... You will be missed. Get ready for the Prems next season.

Chris Baird to make a come back as DM before he disappears into non-league football?

Strike that.. We will be fine. I never criticise a single Derby player but never been a fan of Baird.

You have to say though that the GT injury just sums up this friggin season for us. Starts with Will getting injured in the first game and ends with our second most influential player going the same way in the last game. It's sickening to be frank. Yes, all part of the game blah blah blah....but I don't wanna hear thing positive crap right now. It's a major blow and could well be the difference. 

Anyway, onwards and upwards.....

Archived