End of Season Awards

cosmic

Well deserved Richard Keogh. Still he can do no right in some people's eyes. The Wembley situation will never be forgiven which is a shame.

2006/07 - Bristol City Young Player of the Year

2009/10 - Carlisle United Player of the Year

2010/11 - Coventry City Player's Player of the Year

2011/12 - Coventry City Player of the Year & Player's Player of the Year

2012/13 - Derby County Player of the Year & Player's Player of the Year

2014/15 - PFA Championship Team of the Season

2015/16 - Derby County Player of the Year & Player's Player of the Year

I think it's obvious that everywhere he's been he's been appreciated and is a very, very good player. Hopefully the Keogh Hating Brigade will one day lay off him a bit, but I can't see that happening any time soon.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has always got a mistake in him :p

Guess it goes with the terrritory when we have no pace in attack, we play out from the back, and keogh is the best ball playing central defender we have. if bryson and Russell give it away it probably doesnt result in a chance for the opposition, when a defender makes the same mistake ... well.....

I had a chat with keogh last night, told him his awards were well deserved and a massive vindication for him. 

Also told him there are some right bellends on twitter and that they are the minority of the minority of Rams fans.

Told him to make sure he's lifting that playoff trophy on the 28th too as it's my birthday and he wouldn't want to ruin it.

Seemed to appreciate it.

The Captaincy of a Football Club is a great honour and it is a brilliant job when things are going well but there is nowhere to hide when things are going wrong. 

Richard Keogh has weathered a storm after the Play Off final and has shown that he is made of the right stuff. If you cannot take criticism then do not take the job. He is an example to all the players at Derby County. He is a humble man who ALWAYS tries his best. He deserves to be Captain and he deserves to be Player of the Year at Derby County. 

If he can captain the Rams to a Play Off Final win this year then he will be a long term legend at this Club. Well done Richard.

Reading the stuff about the Awards Ceremony, it is perfectly obvious that there is a buzz among the younger players. They have an incredible Academy to play at and above all a good number of players are playing in teams above their age level. The one certain sign that a player is very good for his age is that he is playing in a team above his age range. When we have U18s holding their own in Division 1 of the U21 League then we know that they are tremendous prospects. Well done Darren Wassall.

Twitter is brutal these days, I don't read half as much as I used to. It's not that I'm against reading negative opinions as I've agreed with many but I'm pretty sure a lot are going for that shock value now for retweets and likes, they keep getting the bites tho.

9 hours ago, Kernow said:

Well deserved Richard Keogh. Still he can do no right in some people's eyes. The Wembley situation will never be forgiven which is a shame.

I think it's obvious that everywhere he's been he's been appreciated and is a very, very good player. Hopefully the Keogh Hating Brigade will one day lay off him a bit, but I can't see that happening any time soon.

That's one hell of a record.

Just goes to show the idiocy of some of the twitter football managers out there.

9 hours ago, Kernow said:

Amazing post. Once again you are ITKernow.. What a guy.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It would be nice to read some of his (Keogh's) detractors congratulatory posts. Not out of humble pie but just to acknowledge the season he has had. 

they don't understand football, so don't hold out any hope

13 hours ago, cosmic said:

Christie and Keogh. Two players who the majority of fans had written off last season and we're happy to never see them put on a Derby shirt again. Massive congratulations to both of them for stepping up and proving the doubters wrongs. Truly deserved. 

I was one of them and I'm happy to of eaten my words. Unbelievable turnaround.

Great turnaround by Keogh and Christie, both progressing hugely from the way they were playing last season to being major contributors this year. Well done to both and hopefully continued progression. Good to see their season recognised.

Archived