OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, rynny said:

Has anyone said that Clarke has signed a new 3 year deal and rejected Leeds?

Yes but I still enjoy hearing that leeds are in a mess again.

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Rejected Leeds and signed a new contract today.

Leeds getting rejected by a league 2 manager, rejected to stay bristol... Leeds really have fallen down the pyramid in the last decade.

This is why we need to give Pearson (if he indeed appointed) time, none of this bs 5 months and he's out for not being top and winning every match at a canter, if we're to struggle in his first season he needs to be let off, because over time he will get us up, patience is needed now. 

Plus if we sack another manager after less than 6 months no man worth anything would even consider us, we could have a good bloke in Pearson and I'm chuffed to bits if it is him.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

If we did get Howard then I'd imagine that would be as a striker coach which I thought was Phillips' responsibility? I guess it's better to have more than less I suppose

Unless Phillips gets promoted to Pearsons assistant manager? Could be a possibility 

18 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Sorry to p**s on the fire, but think it was established not long after the tweet that Chris Powell wasn't in Seven. It was Michael Johnson.

Also been told today it is highly unlikely that Pearson will be announced over the weekend. Fully expect it to be early next week and more than likely Tuesday.

I made the mistake earlier of having a quick look at the other forum. I don't tend to go on there very often because I find the majority of the fans on their unbearable who's opinions are deluded to say the least. Whereas on here its the opposite.

One fan called 'roger_ramjet" has this to say:-

"Not exactly what I was hoping for - lets hope the bookies are listening to the DT poll rather than considered fact. Prefer Sherwood"

Next poster "Triz" had this to say-"Out of the poor list that we've seen NP is my favourite"

This one from "Toggles"- "Clarke from Bristol Rovers would be my choice"

How can any self respecting Derby fan want Tim Sherwood over Pearson? I know every one has opinions, I get that. But this genuinely angered me that anybody could possibly think that Sherwood is the better option. I just can't get my head around it. He isn't the only poster on there that would rather we get Sherwood.

I have seen a few posts on there referring to the "poor list" to describe the short-list for our managers. Who do some fans think we are? Who are they expecting on this list? We are Derby County. Yes we are a big club, but we have been in the Championship now for 8 years. I was more than happy with the list and Pearson was my choice as soon as Clement went.

We have gone down the inexperienced manager route in our last 2 appointments and it it clearly hasnt worked. Our players fall away at the final hurdle and are nowhere near consistent enough. This comes from the manager downwards. Managers that have been in this situation before, know how to handle it. 

For someone to want Darrell Clarke (who has done a very good job at Bristol Rovers) over Pearson is unbelievable. He is 38 years old and been in league management for just coming up to 2 years and guided a team from League 2 to League 1. Whilst he may make a very good manager, why would our fans want us to take a punt on an unproven guy again to see if he can do it. I just don't get it.

Feel better getting that off my chest! When I read it earlier, it made me question the sanity of some of our fans.

I am not expecting everyone to want Pearson. Of course not. No managerial appointment will be met with 100% approval from the fans. But some of the reasons they don't want him and other choices they would rather have, stagger me to say the least.

Sometimes I honestly think some of our fans would rather us fail so they have something to moan about. Saw on twitter the other day somebody calling morris all the names under the sun because Tim Sherwood was favourite. Calling Morris over something he literally has no control over whatsoever. I have to bite my lip sometimes, because ill strip the walls with them.

One last thing. I think it was Mclovin that posted something earlier about going into games against Burnley, Boro etc and not being confident. I thought that was an excellent point and one thing that I would be more confident of under Pearson.

Top quality ranting there Mackworth.

1 minute ago, Chris Mills said:

Can't be bothered to read through all this. Anyone care to summarise the rumours?

Betting suspended on Pearson to Derby. Could be announced as early as Tuesday.

Bristol Rovers boss rejects Leeds.

Stevie Howard tweeted something along the lines of 'love it when a plan comes together' when asked about working with Pearson.

PistoldPete2
6 minutes ago, Dazza B said:

Betting suspended on Pearson to Derby. Could be announced as early as Tuesday.

Bristol Rovers boss rejects Leeds.

Stevie Howard tweeted something along the lines of 'love it when a plan comes together' when asked about working with Pearson.

Some racist says Michael Johnson looks like Chris Powell. 

2 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

It will be the 1st of June (Monday) if its Pearson surely?

1st is Wednesday but I'd agree that I'd have thought 1st June not before... Still I'm well proven to not know much about these things...

I feel like I'd be the only one who would not be pleased if Pearson was appointed. No connection to the club, thoroughly unpleasant and doesn't actually seem to have achieved much. 

Archived