OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15 May 2016 at 13:06, FrostedRam said:

I'm wondering whether it is actually Pearson !!

john Percy (respected journalist) was on radio Derby yesterday and mentioned Pearson without being prompted saying he's an ideal fit - mentioned his backroom team includes Chris Powell for the connection to Derby

we've waited until the summer and he has been linked with nunerous jobs, villa, forest, Newcastle and still hasn't signed for anyone

then there's Kevin Phillips, he was kept on as a coach when we could easily have cleared out, has he been keeping the seat warm for his old boss from Leicester, assessing the team/squad for him whilst Pearson's being watching from afar.

I actually got it right. ?

Called this before the last game of the season 

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

It wasn't supposed to be a joke. Darren Wassall can walk around with his head held high. He had a tough job on his hands and did it will. Deserves some congratulations for that.

Top back-tracking, Bris.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Top back-tracking, Bris.

:lol:

He was implementing a simple recursive algorithm with backtracking.

"Backtracking" is a term that occurs in enumerating algorithms.

You built a "solution" (that is a structure where every variable is assigned a value).

It is however possible that during construction, you realize that the solution is not successful (does not satisfy certain constraints), then you backtrack: you undo certain assignments of values to variables in order to reassign them.

WOW I started this thread around a month ago. Didn't think it would have gone on so long. I was convinced we would be going for Mark Warburton. Happy with the choice, especially with Chris Powell who I think was treated badly by Charlton and Huddersfield. Only moan I have with the club, is why couldn't we have installed Nigel Pearson sooner. We might have even sneeked into 2nd spot with him. Certainly would have made Wembley for the play off final. Never mind we will never know. Now we have to keep hold of our key players to mount a decent challenge next season. Toon can bugger off Will Hughes needs to stay, plus others          COYR 

On 5/27/2016 at 22:21, England Ram said:

Heard we interviewed Pearson, Warnock and Warburton. 

Would be interesting to see what Pearson offered above Warburton (not that I'm complaining as I think Pearson is exactly what we need). 

I find that very interesting, if true. I am happy with the appointments but during the speculation phase I discounted Warburton as a candidate as I thought we were after a Head Coach rather than a Manager so I thought Warburton wouldn't even be interested in us.

I consider Pearson as a proven manager with great potential, Warnock to be a proven manager and Warburton to have great potential so on that basis I think we appointed the strongest candidate.

• 3 months later...
On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 21:56, plymouthram said:

WOW I started this thread around a month ago. Didn't think it would have gone on so long. I was convinced we would be going for Mark Warburton. Happy with the choice, especially with Chris Powell who I think was treated badly by Charlton and Huddersfield. Only moan I have with the club, is why couldn't we have installed Nigel Pearson sooner. We might have even sneeked into 2nd spot with him. Certainly would have made Wembley for the play off final. Never mind we will never know. Now we have to keep hold of our key players to mount a decent challenge next season. Toon can bugger off Will Hughes needs to stay, plus others          COYR 

It's been said many times before, but Pearson was not available - he was still employed by Leicester and on gardening leave.

Perhaps that why MM but DW in as interim, and had to wait for his man ?

2 hours ago, Herdwick Ram said:

It's been said many times before, but Pearson was not available - he was still employed by Leicester and on gardening leave.

Perhaps that why MM but DW in as interim, and had to wait for his man ?

It was said many times before we signed Pearson, but I seem to remember in his interviews after we signed him, he suggested otherwise and said he'd been waiting for the right call? Or am I misinterpreting something he said? TBH could be cos I'm trying to get rid of the memory of him already! Lol.

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 22:21, England Ram said:

Heard we interviewed Pearson, Warnock and Warburton. 

Would be interesting to see what Pearson offered above Warburton (not that I'm complaining as I think Pearson is exactly what we need). 

That's interesting if true, considering what I have been told regarding Warnock.

20 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

this thread makes epic reading considering recent opinion from the same posters.

Yes, I would say I'm the most guilty. 

I would liken it to finding a bird on a night out, with a cracking body, and managing to convince her to come back to yours. She's then all over you, taking your clothes off, taking her clothes off and then bam... Timmy the ten inch wonder makes an appearance and you're too committed to ever erase it from your memory. 

The more I think about it, the more apt that analogy becomes. Instead of Timmy the ten inch wonder, see 4-4-2.  

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Yes, I would say I'm the most guilty. 

I would liken it to finding a bird on a night out, with a cracking body, and managing to convince her to come back to your's. She's then all over you, taking your clothes off, taking her clothes off and then bam... Timmy the ten inch wonder makes an appearance and you're too committed to ever erase it from your memory. 

The more I think about it, the more apt that analogy becomes. Instead of Timmy the ten inch wonder, see 4-4-2.  

Blatant brag post.

Archived