OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fate. We had to get close to 200 pages for it to come true. 

Now to start a Messi do Derby thread and get posting lads!! 

Great at news by the way. He was my first choice. Book marked this page so that I can kick my own arse if I start complaining of things don't work out the way I want:)

Great news. Pearson and Powell could be a great combination. Pearson was my joint first choice (realistically) along with Warburton. Unrealistically I would also have been very happy to see Rodgers, Moyes or QSF here. If Powell is coming, then it's great that we can draw a manager who is still in my opinion capable of being number 1 in a club within the top three divisions.

Find the comments about not wanting him due to no prior connection to the club a bit strange. I suppose those same people would have refused Moyes, Rodgers, Sanchez Flores, Warburton... even Mourinho? I'm glad we can get it done early and now look to sign the players that PEARSON wants, rather than bringing in a whole range of players before the manager even arrived, as like last year. Pearson is a pr1ck, no doubting that. Would I be friends with him in person? Probably not. Would I like him if he was manager of another club? Probably not. Does he have the capabilities to manage us? Yes. Do I think he will do well here? Yes. Am I willing to support him? Certainly, even if he is a pr1ck, he's our pr1ck now so let's get behind him.

Onwards and upwards, good work Mel.

14 minutes ago, England Ram said:

It's fate. We had to get close to 200 pages for it to come true. 

Now to start a Messi do Derby thread and get posting lads!! 

Great at news by the way. He was my first choice. Book marked this page so that I can kick my own arse if I start complaining of things don't work out the way I want:)

Is that like Debbie do Dallas?

On 5/26/2016 at 05:53, JaguarRam said:

Said it before, if Pearson was the man Mel wanted then he would be here by now. He is unemployed. 

Like it or not Darren will be the man in charge next season. 

Everyone is waiting for an announcement from Derby but nothing has changed. Mel wants a DOF and a head coach versed in the 'Derby Way' and Darren is that head coach. 

On 5/26/2016 at 11:25, JaguarRam said:

No annoucement means Darren is still in charge and as far as Pearson is concerned then he is unemployed. We could have announced without effecting any bonuses but we haven't because he is not the manager Mel wants. 

Also if Mel wanted him then he could have easily paid off any bonuses in Feb. Promotion is worth millions. He didn't because he wants Darren

You were saying?

I think I'm pleased with this. A bit nervous as some of his old Leicester staff won't be coming, and I think part of his success was unbelievable scouting... but you can't argue with his track record to date.

Plus Chris Powell has been unlucky and has done well with Charlton and Huddersfield teams that haven't exactly excelled since he left them. He also got more out of Butterfield than our managers have so far!

Well done Mel Morris , it's said that he reads this forum ,if so then I would like to express my thanks and respect to him , top appointment mr Morris , 

Archived