OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby are seeking a new manager and have approached former Leicester boss Nigel Pearson over their vacant role.

Interim boss Darren Wassall will also be interviewed for the job but the Daily Telegraph claim Pearson is the frontrunner for the position.

Pearson has been out of work for almost a year since being let go by Leicester at the end of last season.

He took Leicester to the Premier League and under new boss Claudio Ranieri the Foxes won an unlikely league title this term.

Pearson is said to have rejected Aston Villa's offer to be their new boss.

Birmingham manager Gary Rowett, Roberto Martinez and Tim Sherwood are also said to be in the frame as Derby seek an experienced manager

10 minutes ago, toddy said:

Derby are seeking a new manager and have approached former Leicester boss Nigel Pearson over their vacant role.

Interim boss Darren Wassall will also be interviewed for the job but the Daily Telegraph claim Pearson is the frontrunner for the position.

Pearson has been out of work for almost a year since being let go by Leicester at the end of last season.

He took Leicester to the Premier League and under new boss Claudio Ranieri the Foxes won an unlikely league title this term.

Pearson is said to have rejected Aston Villa's offer to be their new boss.

Birmingham manager Gary Rowett, Roberto Martinez and Tim Sherwood are also said to be in the frame as Derby seek an experienced manager

It would be interesting if Pearson did reject an offer from Villa and came to Derby, as part of his thought process would have be around 'where do I have the best chance to be a success?'.

Perhaps Villa will not be such a force as the bookies think next season. Fingers crossed, eh?

4 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Hmm i'd like us to take a punt on this "amidst the reports" sounds like he could be a gem from a broad seen as skybet seems to think it will be between him "or pearson". Go for the underdog I say 

Welcome to our club Amidst! 

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

What does it mean if betting gets suspended? basically his signing is imminent?

It means that Derby fans are hanging him already, in order to save time.

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Seen other reports that said Pearson hadn't been spoken to by Villa.

Don't think they'll be a force next season. Big job in hand to rebuild from top to bottom. I could be wrong though...

I'm with you on that, their club is in a horrible mess from top to bottom, I can see them going down again in all honesty

Pearson, Powell, Phillips would be an excellent coaching trio (you'd imagine). I've liked what I've seen of Zuberbuhler in the media but as with every coaching position other than the head coach it's hard to actually determine if they're any good from a fan perspective.

I guess he should take at least some credit for Carson having, by his own admission, one of his best seasons.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

The good cop/bap cop!

Sorry to p**s on the fire, but think it was established not long after the tweet that Chris Powell wasn't in Seven. It was Michael Johnson.

Also been told today it is highly unlikely that Pearson will be announced over the weekend. Fully expect it to be early next week and more than likely Tuesday.

I made the mistake earlier of having a quick look at the other forum. I don't tend to go on there very often because I find the majority of the fans on their unbearable who's opinions are deluded to say the least. Whereas on here its the opposite.

One fan called 'roger_ramjet" has this to say:-

"Not exactly what I was hoping for - lets hope the bookies are listening to the DT poll rather than considered fact. Prefer Sherwood"

Next poster "Triz" had this to say-"Out of the poor list that we've seen NP is my favourite"

This one from "Toggles"- "Clarke from Bristol Rovers would be my choice"

How can any self respecting Derby fan want Tim Sherwood over Pearson? I know every one has opinions, I get that. But this genuinely angered me that anybody could possibly think that Sherwood is the better option. I just can't get my head around it. He isn't the only poster on there that would rather we get Sherwood.

I have seen a few posts on there referring to the "poor list" to describe the short-list for our managers. Who do some fans think we are? Who are they expecting on this list? We are Derby County. Yes we are a big club, but we have been in the Championship now for 8 years. I was more than happy with the list and Pearson was my choice as soon as Clement went.

We have gone down the inexperienced manager route in our last 2 appointments and it it clearly hasnt worked. Our players fall away at the final hurdle and are nowhere near consistent enough. This comes from the manager downwards. Managers that have been in this situation before, know how to handle it. 

For someone to want Darrell Clarke (who has done a very good job at Bristol Rovers) over Pearson is unbelievable. He is 38 years old and been in league management for just coming up to 2 years and guided a team from League 2 to League 1. Whilst he may make a very good manager, why would our fans want us to take a punt on an unproven guy again to see if he can do it. I just don't get it.

Feel better getting that off my chest! When I read it earlier, it made me question the sanity of some of our fans.

I am not expecting everyone to want Pearson. Of course not. No managerial appointment will be met with 100% approval from the fans. But some of the reasons they don't want him and other choices they would rather have, stagger me to say the least.

Sometimes I honestly think some of our fans would rather us fail so they have something to moan about. Saw on twitter the other day somebody calling morris all the names under the sun because Tim Sherwood was favourite. Calling Morris over something he literally has no control over whatsoever. I have to bite my lip sometimes, because ill strip the walls with them.

One last thing. I think it was Mclovin that posted something earlier about going into games against Burnley, Boro etc and not being confident. I thought that was an excellent point and one thing that I would be more confident of under Pearson.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Sorry to p**s on the fire, but think it was established not long after the tweet that Chris Powell wasn't in Seven. It was Michael Johnson.

Also been told today it is highly unlikely that Pearson will be announced over the weekend. Fully expect it to be early next week and more than likely Tuesday.

I made the mistake earlier of having a quick look at the other forum. I don't tend to go on there very often because I find the majority of the fans on their unbearable who's opinions are deluded to say the least. Whereas on here its the opposite.

One fan called 'roger_ramjet" has this to say:-

"Not exactly what I was hoping for - lets hope the bookies are listening to the DT poll rather than considered fact. Prefer Sherwood"

Next poster "Triz" had this to say-"Out of the poor list that we've seen NP is my favourite"

This one from "Toggles"- "Clarke from Bristol Rovers would be my choice"

How can any self respecting Derby fan want Tim Sherwood over Pearson? I know every one has opinions, I get that. But this genuinely angered me that anybody could possibly think that Sherwood is the better option. I just can't get my head around it. He isn't the only poster on there that would rather we get Sherwood.

I have seen a few posts on there referring to the "poor list" to describe the short-list for our managers. Who do some fans think we are? Who are they expecting on this list? We are Derby County. Yes we are a big club, but we have been in the Championship now for 8 years. I was more than happy with the list and Pearson was my choice as soon as Clement went.

We have gone down the inexperienced manager route in our last 2 appointments and it it clearly hasnt worked. Our players fall away at the final hurdle and are nowhere near consistent enough. This comes from the manager downwards. Managers that have been in this situation before, know how to handle it. 

For someone to want Darrell Clarke (who has done a very good job at Bristol Rovers) over Pearson is unbelievable. He is 38 years old and been in league management for just coming up to 2 years and guided a team from League 2 to League 1. Whilst he may make a very good manager, why would our fans want us to take a punt on an unproven guy again to see if he can do it. I just don't get it.

Feel better getting that off my chest! When I read it earlier, it made me question the sanity of some of our fans.

I am not expecting everyone to want Pearson. Of course not. No managerial appointment will be met with 100% approval from the fans. But some of the reasons they don't want him and other choices they would rather have, stagger me to say the least.

Sometimes I honestly think some of our fans would rather us fail so they have something to moan about. Saw on twitter the other day somebody calling morris all the names under the sun because Tim Sherwood was favourite. Calling Morris over something he literally has no control over whatsoever. I have to bite my lip sometimes, because ill strip the walls with them.

One last thing. I think it was Mclovin that posted something earlier about going into games against Burnley, Boro etc and not being confident. I thought that was an excellent point and one thing that I would be more confident of under Pearson.

Clarke also won the conference with Bristol Rovers and many are comparing him with Eddie Howe in the way that they play football. He certainly seems like a really bright young manager.

Leeds United want him. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes there.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Clarke also won the conference with Bristol Rovers and many are comparing him with Eddie Howe in the way that they play football. He certainly seems like a really bright young manager.

I get that buddy, I really do.

He probably will make an excellent manager. I just dont think its a risk he can afford to take. Bristol Rovers to Derby is a big jump.

He has signed a new deal at Bristol Rovers today. He turned down Leeds.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Rejected Leeds and signed a new contract today.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Signed a new 3-year deal at Rovers. Smart move, imo. Cellino's nuts, could ruin him.

Archived