OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

2 minutes ago, ITSD said:

I feel like I'd be the only one who would not be pleased if Pearson was appointed. No connection to the club, thoroughly unpleasant and doesn't actually seem to have achieved much. 

Why does he need a past connection to the club?

How do you know that he's thoroughly unpleasant?

And are you really an ostrich?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ITSD said:

I feel like I'd be the only one who would not be pleased if Pearson was appointed. No connection to the club, thoroughly unpleasant and doesn't actually seem to have achieved much. 

Ooh, best put your tin hat on mate... Trouble coming your way. Some proper Pearson fanboys on here :)

I can take him or leave him but, whoever it is, judge them after they've been working here for a while and not before.

4 minutes ago, ITSD said:

Well apparently, there is always one....

7 minutes ago, ITSD said:

THIS is what I mean.

Why does a manager need to have a connection to the club? What manager have we appointed has a connection to the club before we appointed them?

Clough? Jim Smith? None of them had a connection to the club before coming in. Didn't do too bad did they.

How do you know he is unpleasent? Because of a few stories in the press? Ask his players who would appear would run through brick walls for the bloke?

What manager has achieved enough for you to consider? Who do you want instead? Because for where we are, Pearson has achieved more than enough to be one of the top contender's for this job.

10 minutes ago, ITSD said:

nigel-pearson-calls-journalist-a.jpg

This could be comedy.. fantastic appointment.. but the jokes could be fantastic as well :lol:

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Nigel Pearson - Other Honours

Leicester City
   League One: 2008/09
   Promotion to Championship: 2008/09
   Championship: 2013/14
   Promotion to Premier League: 2013/14

Not achieved much then :blink::D

2 promotions in the same time frame where we have had none. 

I am firmly in the Nigel Pearson camp, disciplinarian, defensively minded and old fashioned no nonesense manager. What's not to like!?!

We probably won't get him now having said all that. 

Mel - thank you. None of us know how this will work out, but it is my opinion that you have made the best possible appointment. This, despite Pearson not being 'head coach' that you described a year ago. You have clearly put the club's interests above your ego.

Archived