Irrational Irritation

Van der MoodHoover

As I watched George Boyd scoring for Burnleh at the weekend I found myself hurling abuse at the screen. 

Having calmed down I realised that I can't stand the guy without being able to give a reasonable justification as to why.

Is it the Alice band? 

Is it the slightly prancy running style?

Or the ludicrous floppy black locks? Or the smirking face.

none of these seem sound reasons for the level of irritation I experience when seeing him on the pitch. He might be a great guy. I know nothing of his personality and am not minded to find anything out. All I know is that I want to punch him on sight. 

So my fellow rams and honoured guests, do you have any similar irrational feelings towards anyone or anything that you cannot rationalise? 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robbie Savage! Could tolerate him as a player (even before joining us) but watching him on TV and listening to him on the radio really gets up my nose! He has no talent but he seems to be the BBC's darling "go to" on footie matters - bloody idiots!

I also take a dislike to George Boyd and it's definitely because of the hair band. Irrational of me maybe but he looks a complete tosser - would love to see him exposed to one of Bucko's challenges!

I love all the haircuts, and I'd rather these young men were spending their money on that than some other more dubious recreational pursuits.

I can't stand Patrick 'smug' Bamford, though! I  barely tolerated him when he was playing for us but now. He's been a bit quiet of late though. Maybe he's not the saviour of modern football he thinks he is? 

Cristiano Ronaldo.

Most of my hatred towards him for his diving, his arrogance, his selfishness is entirely rational. Even if I didn't know what an unbearable ******** he is I'd likely still want to punch him. He just has one of those faces.

Wayne Rooney.

When I look at his record, I really should'nt be annoyed by him but I am. Very. It's not even just recently either - when he first burst onto the scene I couldn't stand him then either.

He hasn't even done anything controversial connected to DCFC as far as I can remember, so I don't really know why I want to punch the TV every time I see his face.

Samri Nasri.  Even before he decided to get the worst dye job in the history of the world.  Good player but not as good as a lot of folk make out.  Doesn't help he has a passing resemblance to my wife's niece's fella who's a smug Florist fan.

Mike Ashley and his Little Play Thing.  Couldn't stand his fat smug face and their fans trumped up sense of worth even before they cast their eyes at Schteve and derailed last season.  I hope Cit-eh give them a proper hiding later!!!

Jamie Mackie.  Was watching my Deforestation DVD the other day, for sh1ts & giglles and decided he's very, very annoying and laughed out loud when Sir Jake floored him with the slightest nudge.

Ian Holloway.  Like I need to explain myself.

Fans (mainly 18-30 'lads') who stand with their phone held out ready to record #scenes if their team scores, just so they can get a load retweets that night.  C0cks!!!

Diego Costa.  I really wish someone would risk a 20 game ban and just knock him on his arse.

LVG and his leather clad binder.  Not a big fan of managers making notes in general but this mo-fo has taken it to another level.

Eddie Howe's interviews.  Every time they lose it's not the fact the other team played well, it's because they weren't at it or had an off day.

Oh and Tony Pulis' cap...

Yorkshire. Specifically Yorkshire cricket "fans" at the moment, but they're the same in every sport. You'll never hear a peep out of them whilst the Rhinos and the Dirties are scrounging around near the bottom of the league, but if they're doing well suddenly every bloke from the Dearn Valley to Scotch Corner is a die hard Yorkshireman waving that bloody white rose around.

Archived