Irrational Irritation

Van der MoodHoover

Sky's coverage of any live game where they decide that some teams need four or even five letters of their name in the top left corner of the screen in case you get confused if they only have two. Perfect example yesterday with WAL v FLEET because obviously you wouldn't know it was Walsall V Fleetwood if there was only WA V FL. Jeeeeeez I'm paying 80 quid a month for my package, deserve a refund for having half the screen obliterated..... And why are Arsenal ASL instead of ARS.... Is it in case we might think it spells something else that's a naughty word. Is that irrational enough? 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, SKRam said:

Sky's coverage of any live game where they decide that some teams need four or even five letters of their name in the top left corner of the screen in case you get confused if they only have two. Perfect example yesterday with WAL v FLEET because obviously you wouldn't know it was Walsall V Fleetwood if there was only WA V FL. Jeeeeeez I'm paying 80 quid a month for my package, deserve a refund for having half the screen obliterated..... And why are Arsenal ASL instead of ARS.... Is it in case we might think it spells something else that's a naughty word. Is that irrational enough? 

And it's always HULL so they'll get more screen coverage than our DER. Sky muppetry 

Set me off now...... The bloke with the silly moustache on Sky Sports who says that everything he reports on is UNBELIEVABLE. When it's a pretty decent or quite average goal or save 

To go with your first, how about a follow up which is on the SSN channel, when they scroll through a few "featured" match scores down in the bottom right corner, they don't have a consistent label for some teams. I've seen "Forest", "Nottm Forest" and "nottingham Forest" at different times. We are always Derby thankfully.

As for Chris Kamara (for it is he) - the irritation there is that he has become a caricature of his own catchphrase and has made it sound silly!

Overall however,  I think you have delivered a powerful set of irrational irritations and my cap is doffed to you sir :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, HantsRam said:

To go with your first, how about a follow up which is on the SSN channel, when they scroll through a few "featured" match scores down in the bottom right corner, they don't have a consistent label for some teams. I've seen "Forest", "Nottm Forest" and "nottingham Forest" at different times. We are always Derby thankfully.

As for Chris Kamara (for it is he) - the irritation there is that he has become a caricature of his own catchphrase and has made it sound silly!

Overall however,  I think you have delivered a powerful set of irrational irritations and my cap is doffed to you sir :thumbsup:

It was a late finish last night as is tonight. Fatigue setting in with the post 50 brain power gently ebbing away.... Chris Kamara, it is indeed he, I had to rely on that pencil tash. He does like horses, the four legged variety so he's not all annoying?? And top marks for the inconsistent label they use for teams. I focus way too long on those sorts of things but surely there's a 12 year old earning vast sums of money under Sky's youth recruitment policy? That's all I can put that down to?

Archived