Irrational Irritation

Van der MoodHoover

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Anon said:

Yorkshire. Specifically Yorkshire cricket "fans" at the moment, but they're the same in every sport. You'll never hear a peep out of them whilst the Rhinos and the Dirties are scrounging around near the bottom of the league, but if they're doing well suddenly every bloke from the Dearn Valley to Scotch Corner is a die hard Yorkshireman waving that bloody white rose around.

I think you'll find that's everybody. Including rams fans.

I concur with LVG's notepad. I can understand taking notes on tactics, positioning of players when sat high up. But what exactly could he have written when Daley Blind made it 2-1 to United in the FA Cup match at the Ipro.

I mean, seriously. Instead of celebrating, or making a comment to his staff, he immediately jotted something down.

What can you write immediately after your holding midfielder has just scored a goal that has any significance whatsoever to future plannings of the team? The thought still annoys me.

On 19/04/2016 at 23:30, Bris Vegas said:

I concur with LVG's notepad. I can understand taking notes on tactics, positioning of players when sat high up. But what exactly could he have written when Daley Blind made it 2-1 to United in the FA Cup match at the Ipro.

I mean, seriously. Instead of celebrating, or making a comment to his staff, he immediately jotted something down.

What can you write immediately after your holding midfielder has just scored a goal that has any significance whatsoever to future plannings of the team? The thought still annoys me.

Probably noting down what he thought went right about the move, to pick up on it in the dressing room team talk. "More like that please".

Or perhaps he was happy with the goal but not with certain players positioning. Nothing wrong with being critical even when you've scored.

For me, I know this sounds stupid but... Harry Redknapp...

I don't know why, even though he's an employee of DCFC for the time being, he just rubs me up the wrong way.

This thread is about "irrational" stuff remember. I know I should just forgive and forget now he's here but.... Ugh, I can't. I can't stand him.

Bobby Madley! Since he made that awful decision when we played Burnley I've wanted him to make mistakes which get highlighted on Sky, just to make me feel better. Problem is he's not that bad a referee but he's even more arrogant and smug than Nigel Pearson - and I didn't think that was possible!

I detest the guy and in my rare, more reflective moods I know that's irrational but what the heck, a tosser's a tosser no matter what.

37 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Bobby Madley! Since he made that awful decision when we played Burnley I've wanted him to make mistakes which get highlighted on Sky, just to make me feel better. Problem is he's not that bad a referee but he's even more arrogant and smug than Nigel Pearson - and I didn't think that was possible!

I detest the guy and in my rare, more reflective moods I know that's irrational but what the heck, a tosser's a tosser no matter what.

Nearly agree with everything you said there. I still think he is an awful referee and I have no idea how he is a premier ref. He pretty much robbed Newcastle when they got beat by sunderland earlier on in the season with a ridiculous penalty and red card decision which in hindsight could be the difference in survival! (ok you can't blame 1 game on 38 others but fine margins seriously do contribute to points tally)

25 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Nearly agree with everything you said there. I still think he is an awful referee and I have no idea how he is a premier ref. He pretty much robbed Newcastle when they got beat by sunderland earlier on in the season with a ridiculous penalty and red card decision which in hindsight could be the difference in survival! (ok you can't blame 1 game on 38 others but fine margins seriously do contribute to points tally)

Still nowhere near as annoying as Stuart (Tw)Attwell.  If I saw that man walking towards me in the street, I would casually walk up to him, and promptly smack him in the kisser!!!

55 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Still nowhere near as annoying as Stuart (Tw)Attwell.  If I saw that man walking towards me in the street, I would casually walk up to him, and promptly smack him in the kisser!!!

:lol: to be fair he has it bad enough supporting luton town.

Alan Green. It's not the accent and nor is it 5Live's incessant self advertising and inability to see beyond the PL, it's the 'I tell it how it is, folks' approach to commentary that I just can't stand.

The good news is that his BBC contract is up this year. Hopefully they won't renew it

Oh and Nugent. 

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Alan Green. It's not the accent and nor is it 5Live's incessant self advertising and inability to see beyond the PL, it's the 'I tell it how it is, folks' approach to commentary that I just can't stand.

The good news is that his BBC contract is up this year. Hopefully they won't renew it

Oh and Nugent. 

Nugent and ALan Green are high up on my pet hates too.

On 22/04/2016 at 10:31, ilkleyram said:

Oh and Nugent. 

Always amazed Alan Green gets so much work.

I find his accent just as annoying as everything else he says. His love of everything manutd / liverpool is cringeworthy. His hatred of anything outside the top 4 clubs in england is typical of a guy who supports one of them, and has nothing complimentary the average fan would be interested in. His comments on Derby County in one game in particular against Liverpool in the 90s I will never forget.  The quicker the BBC get shot the better, always puts me off how much he calls England "we" desptie the fact he has never tried to get rid of that ghastly NI accent.

Andy Townsend - Michael Owen.
If you are going to be a pundit, say something that the average football fan has not spotted / would not know about as a non ex-professional. if you say stupid things we will learn to hate you.

Archived