Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

10 hours ago, eddie said:

Like someone already has pointed out, what makes you right and every other manager who has been at Derby for the last 5 years wrong? If 'fixing' the 'Keogh problem' was a priority, which you seem to think it is, why has nobody else spotted something which you seem to think is so obvious?

Perhaps he's a lot better than you give him credit for being.

Shut up Eddie - there's no room for your irrefutable logic in this 'debate'!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Keogh might always have one in him but did Mel make the biggest one of all?

I'm talking the potential free season ticket if we went up.

Not only did his error keep us down it cost a lot of people £500, is that why he gets a raw deal.

Are people still angry about it? The atmosphere has not once got close to that of the Brighton play off game ultimately ever since that error.

Don't you mean his, Forsyth and Buxtons' error? The Keogh bashers conveniently forget the part played by the other 2 culprits.

17 hours ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Keogh might always have one in him but did Mel make the biggest one of all?

I'm talking the potential free season ticket if we went up.

Not only did his error keep us down it cost a lot of people £500, is that why he gets a raw deal.

Are people still angry about it? The atmosphere has not once got close to that of the Brighton play off game ultimately ever since that error.

Firstly, it was 50% of your renewal price back if we went up, so unless your st is a grand it wasn't £500.

Secondly it applied in the 1st renewal period, which was over well before Mel Morris even invested a penny.

53 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Firstly, it was 50% of your renewal price back if we went up, so unless your st is a grand it wasn't £500.

Secondly it applied in the 1st renewal period, which was over well before Mel Morris even invested a penny.

So has Keogh actually saved me £250? Don't tell my wife!

On 21/09/2016 at 22:13, Ambitious said:

I would argue that Keogh is the very least of our problems - I'd literally look at every other position in the team/squad before Keogh's. 

Hughes' appalling goal/assist return is more disconcerting than Keogh so called 'mistakes'. 

There is nothing so called about them. They are mistakes and he makes plenty. 

On a Sunday morning you would get a gob full off a fat labourer for his error on Tuesday. 

3 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Keogh could run on the pitch and shoot a puppy in the head, and certain areas of the SS would still chant "Keogh Keogh Keogh"...

And likewise we could go a whole season without conceding a goal and some would still find something to blame him for, whilst heaping praising Shackell.

I see Keogh is in the ROI squad again despite all of these mistakes...

The first goal on Tuesday was Keogh's fault, no doubt about it. There's been others as well over the years but I would argue he's more than made up for it with great last ditch blocks and tackles when everyone else has given up.

He wears his heart on his sleeve and cares about his club and always gives 100%. He puts a shift in every time.

I would take someone like Keogh all day over a player like Shackell who, in my opinion, has occasionally bottled a challenge rather than lay his body down for the cause.

I always find it curious that our success over the last few seasons is attributed in some circles to the attacking players like Martin (hence the furore over his move) and midfielder's but conveniently our pretty decent defensive record is not attributed Enough to Keogh.

Factor in him having to partner people like Shotton and I'm more than happy with his contribution for the Rams.

how are his mistakes any worse than the chances missed against Bristol City for example?

good player, good captain.

17 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

There is nothing so called about them. They are mistakes and he makes plenty. 

On a Sunday morning you would get a gob full off a fat labourer for his error on Tuesday. 

Still, in comparison to every single one of our players - Keogh is the least of the problems.

No player in our squad isn't without fault, and i'd argue every single one of them worse than Keogh's odd mistake now and again.

The reason we've conceded less than a goal a game for the past 54 league games is mainly down to Keogh - he's been by far and away our best defender during that time. He's pivotal to our, well, what used to be our, passing games. Shackell and Pearce, whilst would probably be more commanding in the air, would spent 70% of their passes looking for Vydra/Bent/Wilson's head from 60 yards. 

There is a dictionary long list of what is currently wrong with this football club. I think Keogh's once in every two/three month mistake comes around the same position of Radio Derby's lack of influence with Nigel Pearson. 

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

The first goal on Tuesday was Keogh's fault, no doubt about it. There's been others as well over the years but I would argue he's more than made up for it with great last ditch blocks and tackles when everyone else has given up.

He wears his heart on his sleeve and cares about his club and always gives 100%. He puts a shift in every time.

I would take someone like Keogh all day over a player like Shackell who, in my opinion, has occasionally bottled a challenge rather than lay his body down for the cause.

I'd say second too.

But not blaming him, my opinion is still the same (actually made it even more verified). He is good enough to get us promoted, but if it happened then as a manager I'd go shopping.

Looks like Mel can keep his money for a while.

Archived