Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

The worst part about it was Keogh flapped his arms around like a child, blaming everyone else. And he's the captain! Talk about being a team player.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Probably as frustrated as the rest of us

Probably wondering why those further forward can't ease the pressure by scoring and dominating teams up the pitch, instead of him Pearce and Carson feeling like they are defending the Alamo, particularly at the end of every chuffing game.

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

We've conceded 11 in 14 and it's a blame Keogh culture. Can we have a 'Blame every attacking player' thread as well please?

Leave the guy alone.

Another game of nothingness from Butterfield, Vydra, Hughes, Ince, Olsson, Christie and Russell.

This thread is about "Keogh - always got a mistake in him". It's not let's blame Keogh, it's the fact that he continues to make mistakes.

3 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

The worst part about it was Keogh flapped his arms around like a child, blaming everyone else. And he's the captain! Talk about being a team player.

Probably the most annoying thing about him. He makes mistakes just like everyone else does but at least own up to them rather than popping your eyes out and finger pointing at your teammate's ffs.

9 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

This thread is about "Keogh - always got a mistake in him". It's not let's blame Keogh, it's the fact that he continues to make mistakes.

The fact the cross got in was poor but it hardly deserves picking him out. He didn't go to ground allowing the guy to easily go round him etc Who was picking up the attacker in the middle? Etc 

But the midfield and attack have not done their jobs at all this season, so let's criticise that first is my point.

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

The fact the cross got in was poor but it hardly deserves picking him out. He didn't go to ground allowing the guy to easily go round him etc Who was picking up the attacker in the middle? Etc 

But the midfield and attack have not done their jobs at all this season, so let's criticise that first is my point.

Too right,,,our defensive record is pretty good....7 goals scored from 14 on the other hand is proper shocking....

Not sure what our goal scoring coach is doing.

Edit: Just checked and our defence is joint 2nd best the the league..

7 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

We would be first if we didn't have that clown in there !!

Lets get the clowns further up the field sorted first me thinks.

10 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

You continue bashing him ? Wow... 

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

In all honesty I can't see how people can start blaming keogh again ! Yesterday's game had 0-0 written all over it the "diamond" as mac likes to call it of Carson keogh Pearce and johnson has never looked so solid . 

Every time we conceded a goal or lose a game some fans target Keogh which some goals we conceded that nothing to do with Keogh.. Scapegoat. 

No different to a striker missing a good chance... Just for Keogh it always seems to end up in the back of the net when he does something wrong! But what about Hughes yesterday? Made 6/7 bad passes straight to them? Ince made one and got booed? It's pathetic to blame the same players for everything 

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

More to the point why was out there in the first place where had Christie cleared off to?????

last 2-3 mins of a game I don't expect to see our right back not in picture when we're defending a situation like that 

agree I'm sure a fair few of us have played in sides where the attackers arbt getting u goals, making it stick or doing anything of note.

if we're not worrying the opposition it means the defence have a thankless task.

Every player in the history of the game made mistakes... Some more than others granted. But I'd take Keoghs heart and passion over others shrugging of shoulders, withering looks and lazyitis any day... 

Id stop him from " like you said" ( no Richard..they didn't say) speaking to the media. He drives me nuts. 

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

More to the point why was out there in the first place where had Christie cleared off to?????

He was off maintaining his impressively low "times beaten one on one by an opposition player" statistic used by people who claim he's a good defender,  by being totally out of position to challenge for any 1-1s.

Keogh wasn't solely to blame for the goal yesterday. And he seems to make more mistakes than anyone else because he has the courage to be on the ball more than anyone else. What cannot be denied is Nigel Clough Steve McC Darren Wassall and Nigel Pearson all made him captain. 

If Derby had more people like Keogh in the squad with his courage and attitude we would be in a far better position.

As for the Ince and Hughes - they were both poor but Hughes tries, works for the team and is a damn sight more consistent than Ince will ever be.

22 minutes ago, Coconut said:

He was off maintaining his impressively low "times beaten one on one by an opposition player" statistic used by people who claim he's a good defender,  by being totally out of position to challenge for any 1-1s.

But where was Christie ?

With minutes on the clock why have we not got our right back? 

Last time Mac was here Christie developed a knack of clearing off at the wrong time doing it in successive games most notably against forest and then did a carbon copy the next home game, the opposition escapes me.

when clement came in one of the few good things he did was drop him saying that he was a little behind the other defenders, when Christie came back in he looked like a better defender who actually was able to stop the cross

is this a return to the headless chicken days 

Archived