Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I'd say second too.

But not blaming him, my opinion is still the same (actually made it even more verified). He is good enough to get us promoted, but if it happened then as a manager I'd go shopping.

Looks like Mel can keep his money for a while.

I couldn't tell with the second, Liverpool just seemed to run straight through us at speed. First, nailed on and a real sunday pub league howler, side-footing a clearance into your standing leg.

But there were a couple of occasions in the first half where Keogh showed one of the Liverpool players out wide rather than diving in and prevented shots being taken on our goal.

I mean fair's fair and all that.....

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I couldn't tell with the second, Liverpool just seemed to run straight through us at speed. First, nailed on and a real sunday pub league howler, side-footing a clearance into your standing leg.

But there were a couple of occasions in the first half where Keogh showed one of the Liverpool players out wide rather than diving in and prevented shots being taken on our goal.

Haven't you noticed - some 'experts' on here don't do "fair"?

Just now, HantsRam said:

I have watched the build up to the second quite a few times, and you can pick fault with all the back 4 (Keogh backed off Firmino too far, Pearce and Christie should have dealt with Origi's run, Christie should have taken him off Pearce and Pearce should have passed him on to Christie and not leave a big gap in the middle of our box, Olsson should have covered the gap when he saw Pearce following Origi), Butterfield and Johnson (both let Coutinho have a free run into the box), but at the end of the day it was just a brilliant move, by a top Premiership team that would have undone a lot of defences.

11 minutes ago, rynny said:

I have watched the build up to the second quite a few times, and you can pick fault with all the back 4 (Keogh backed off Firmino too far, Pearce and Christie should have dealt with Origi's run, Christie should have taken him off Pearce and Pearce should have passed him on to Christie and not leave a big gap in the middle of our box, Olsson should have covered the gap when he saw Pearce following Origi), Butterfield and Johnson (both let Coutinho have a free run into the box), but at the end of the day it was just a brilliant move, by a top Premiership team that would have undone a lot of defences.

Absolutely - pass at speed, 3rd man runs into space, one touch football on the deck, lovely slotted finish.

reminded me of us 2 seasons ago.....makes me want to weep.....

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Of course you can pick positives from his game. Might as well pick the one where Origi did his tricks and Keogh didn't know where to go.

Bit pointless to pick those which tend to happen all the time.

Was absolutely sh*te today. I'm a huge Keogh fan but it's probably time he (and a few others) lose their starting spot so they realise they can't just stroll through the season and remain untouchable. Rawson has done well whilst out on loan and for the u23s, so maybe it's time he got a chance.

Been saying for weeks that Keogh needs to be dropped - I have rarely seen a centre half consistently make as many errors as him and never get left out the team. He is panicky and creates instability all around him, never takes responsibility for his own mistakes and lambasts everyone else if they mess up. Why he is considered a leader is beyond me & I think he is a major part of the mental weakness that everyone criticises us for.

I got shot down in flames for criticising his performance and errors against Liverpool but once again I am sorry to say he proves me right just 4 days later!

Glad he signed a new contract as when we he goes at least we will get some money for him! 

1 minute ago, Cool As Custard said:

Been saying for weeks that Keogh needs to be dropped - I have rarely seen a centre half consistently make as many errors as him and never get left out the team. He is panicky and creates instability all around him, never takes responsibility for his own mistakes and lambasts everyone else if they mess up. Why he is considered a leader is beyond me & I think he is a major part of the mental weakness that everyone criticises us for.

I got shot down in flames for criticising his performance and errors against Liverpool but once again I am sorry to say he proves me right just 4 days later!

Glad he signed a new contract as when we he goes at least we will get some money for him! 

We are hardly blessed with CBs at this club though Pearce was particularly bad if not worse. Pearce struggled to deal with both Gallagher and especially Danny 'only turns it on vs derby' Graham. The sooner Shackell is back the better.

Archived