Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

10 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

You should learn to read!

This is a Keogh thread ffs! Why would I mention other players. 

I didn't see Saturday's game as it wasn't televised. So cannot comment.

What guys go missing on Saturday? 

I will predict Keogh will do okay against below average opposition, just enough to con the easily duped sun readers amongst you that still believe everything you're told.

*cough*half fan*cough*

;)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, eddie said:

So what you are actually saying is that under the circumstances, he's the best that we can get AND the best that we can afford. I agree.

Yes, but my argument is that still doesn't make him as good a defender as some make him out to be. We work with what we've got which IMO isn't good enough. Weve all witnessed our defensive frailties in the big games over the passed few seasons but nothing has been done to rectify it. 

34 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Yes, but my argument is that still doesn't make him as good a defender as some make him out to be. We work with what we've got which IMO isn't good enough. Weve all witnessed our defensive frailties in the big games over the passed few seasons but nothing has been done to rectify it. 

Yes it's a fair point. When you look at that attempted clearance a couple of times it really was poor. Not what you would expect from a player in the top flight.

34 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Absolutely agree with you, we are just not good enough, the players aren't good enough, the academy players are not good enough, Bennett, Hanson, Thomas hardly set the world alight. What we have is the best pitch, best baths and recovery help with our pools, excellent gym, a filled stadium, diet experts, fitness experts, Physio's and players who as you basically not good enough. That Huddersfield manager doing a great job, the have rugby on that pitch and I bet Barnsley, Huddersfield, Preston and many others having nothing like the above apart from the desire to succeed and better themselves. 

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

Like someone already has pointed out, what makes you right and every other manager who has been at Derby for the last 5 years wrong? If 'fixing' the 'Keogh problem' was a priority, which you seem to think it is, why has nobody else spotted something which you seem to think is so obvious?

Perhaps he's a lot better than you give him credit for being.

19 minutes ago, eddie said:

Like someone already has pointed out, what makes you right and every other manager who has been at Derby for the last 5 years wrong? If 'fixing' the 'Keogh problem' was a priority, which you seem to think it is, why has nobody else spotted something which you seem to think is so obvious?

Again, every manager over the last 5 years has failed. Maybe they should have rectified a problem that is clear to many. 

19 minutes ago, eddie said:

Makes me laugh that no one mentioned about his performance at Bristol City funny that. 

By the way I saw you at half time on Saturday. 

9 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Again, every manager over the last 5 years has failed. Maybe they should have rectified a problem that is clear to many. 

Have you applied?

There might be a vacancy soon.

8 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Makes me laugh that no one mentioned about his performance at Bristol City funny that. 

By the way I saw you at half time on Saturday. 

I'm not exactly hard to spot.

17 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Talking to Mel now. Negotiating the absence of sausages. 

Glad to see that you have your priorities right. Keogh Schmeogh. Sausages - that's another matter.

3 hours ago, Andrew James said:

Absolutely agree with you, we are just not good enough, the players aren't good enough, the academy players are not good enough, Bennett, Hanson, Thomas hardly set the world alight. What we have is the best pitch, best baths and recovery help with our pools, excellent gym, a filled stadium, diet experts, fitness experts, Physio's and players who as you basically not good enough. That Huddersfield manager doing a great job, the have rugby on that pitch and I bet Barnsley, Huddersfield, Preston and many others having nothing like the above apart from the desire to succeed and better themselves. 

Which is why it would be madness to sack Pearson as some suggest when he has already started the overhaul, its going to take a season or two to build a team with players that have that desire, unfortunately we were spoilt with a season and a half of good football which has led to a lot of derby fans having blind faith. As you said our club has all the makings to be a top club, but unless you have a squad of players with that desire (and some ability) its not going to guarantee you success.

3 hours ago, eddie said:

Not claiming I'm "right" its all opinions, but I know what I've witnessed with my own eyes which has led to my opinion.

If you were to read previous post I've given him credit before, and as I've said in this thread he does occasionally turn up, but I don't believe he has the quality or composure in the big games we need to get out of this league, as proven the past few seasons with us failing to get promoted (not solely blaming Keogh).

Keogh might always have one in him but did Mel make the biggest one of all?

I'm talking the potential free season ticket if we went up.

Not only did his error keep us down it cost a lot of people £500, is that why he gets a raw deal.

Are people still angry about it? The atmosphere has not once got close to that of the Brighton play off game ultimately ever since that error.

23 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

You should learn to read!

This is a Keogh thread ffs! Why would I mention other players. 

I didn't see Saturday's game as it wasn't televised. So cannot comment.

What guys go missing on Saturday? 

I will predict Keogh will do okay against below average opposition, just enough to con the easily duped sun readers amongst you that still believe everything you're told.

Wow!  Firstly, bit strong, Secondly, espousing the theory that anyone who rates Keogh within the context of the league in which he plays is a gullible, Sun-reading idiot is revealing in all manner of fashions, mostly likely none of which were intended. 

Archived