Big Brendan linked with Derby

North East Ram

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is that fact or rumour?

MM seemed very surprised when I said I didn't think Rodgers would be interested in the DCFC managerial position...

I thought he had a glint in his eye when he said it though.  I did think he was mocking, he wouldn't come to little owd Derby would he? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, *cough*donedeal.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict whomever is the new head coach/manager/team selection consultant that a large faction of the forum regard the appointment as total disaster, proving chairman Mel knows nothing and is ruining the club. An opposing faction will believe the appointment inspired. Oh and there will be much speculation on how much wiggle room there is with FFP for the new season.

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is that fact or rumour?

MM seemed very surprised when I said I didn't think Rodgers would be interested in the DCFC managerial position...

Came from someone that works there. Make of that what you will. Have no reason to doubt them though, as they aren't into football at all and the name Brendan Rogers isn't one that would be sat on the tip of your tongue randomly. 

Rogers has been seen at the Swansea ground a few times over the last week and one of those times was with the owner -That would suggest he is talking over at the end of the season, as per the express and sun reports.

21 hours ago, Kernow said:

I haven't denied becoming Derby's new head coach either, so don't rule me out.

Lol. That post reminds me of Alex W's posts about being manager and applying for it. He pops back here now and again.

Anybody remember that? :lol: 

I know .. Let's have a committee ! New politburo drawn from this forum. 10 members minimum 2000 posts and a like to post ratio of at least 50% and all decisions including substitutions must be made by the whole group by 2/3rds majority. 

2 hours ago, jono said:

I know .. Let's have a committee ! New politburo drawn from this forum. 10 members minimum 2000 posts and a like to post ratio of at least 50% and all decisions including substitutions must be made by the whole group by 2/3rds majority. 

They say the camel was designed by a committee

2 hours ago, jono said:

oooh I qualify for the politburo

9 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I wonder whether we should consider a foreign manager?

We need to shake things up and bring in quality overseas signings if we are going to compete at the top level.

Do we?

What is the difference between homegrown quality and foreign quality?

Last 'foreign quality' I remember is Ravanelli, Ducroq and Grenet.

Archived