Big Brendan linked with Derby

North East Ram

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Gary Rowett would have left, I think he is a gentleman within football, not sure he would be my choice for manager mind, but he is still a gentleman with honour.

I think Sean Dyche is another name that potentially Mel could see getting us up and would not have left Burnley until the end of the season.

So Burnley will be in the prem next season, maybe he sees Derby as having more potential, with more money to be spent if we get up. Alan Nixon said, Money talks.

2 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Wouldn't we have been able to get Rodgers immediately?  Why give up on the season waiting for someone out of work?

i also think we'd have been able to take Rowett if we'd really wanted.

Rodgers said that he wasn't going to take another job on until the summer. Claims a few have enquired if he is interested and told them to comeback in the summer.

10 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

I think I just prefer the overall narrative involved with bringing him in. He's young, seems decent enough, and has a history with the club and a good understanding of it. I also found him very likable when he was on Radio Derby. I don't really like the idea of us bringing in some big name championship manager in the same way I didn't like us splashing all that money in the last 2 windows. It kinda reminds me of setting the difficulty to easy on Fifa or something.

Like if Rocky took steroids in the first movie or if the karate kid just bought a gun. The results would have come faster, but the story wouldn't have been as great. Obviously I want us to win, but I'd prefer someone like Rowett to do it in 3 years than someone like Nigel Pearson to do it in 1.

Life's too short. The increased disparity of three years on the new Premier League contract would be massive. It's not easy however you do it, or everyone would have done it, but I very much want promotion for our club at the earliest possible opportunity. And I don't believe Gary Rowett is the number one choice to achieve that.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I don't think Gary Rowett would have left, I think he is a gentleman within football, not sure he would be my choice for manager mind, but he is still a gentleman with honour.

I think Sean Dyche is another name that potentially Mel could see getting us up and would not have left Burnley until the end of the season.

So Burnley will be in the prem next season, maybe he sees Derby as having more potential, with more money to be spent if we get up. Alan Nixon said, Money talks.

That would be funny after what SD said about Shackell coming here for the wonga. 

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Mel is hoping Bournemouth come down so he can get Eddie Howe, enticing him with Derby being sustainable in the PL.

Presuming Mel and you are familiar with the league table, I can only guess that's a joke?

Of course there's not the slightest chance of Bournemouth being relegated. They're already safe and Eddie will be planning for next season and how to spend his Premier League millions.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Presuming Mel and you are familiar with the league table, I can only guess that's a joke?

Of course there's not the slightest chance of Bournemouth being relegated. They're already safe and Eddie will be planning for next season and how to spend his Premier League millions.

no need to be so condescending. I am familiar with both the league table now, and the league table at the point Clement was sacked.The latter being more relevant to this conversation.

20 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

no need to be so condescending. I am familiar with both the league table now, and the league table at the point Clement was sacked.The latter being more relevant to this conversation.

Sorry, but if you'd written "Mel was" rather than "Mel is" it would have made a little more sense, though still been worrying if it was a genuine insight into our owner's thinking. If it's what Mel thinks now we should all give up and go home.

[For anyone who wants to know Bournemouth were 5 points clear of the drop zone when Clement left and are now 12 points clear.]

On 3/26/2016 at 18:59, RadioactiveWaste said:

I predict whomever is the new head coach/manager/team selection consultant that a large faction of the forum regard the appointment as total disaster, proving chairman Mel knows nothing and is ruining the club. An opposing faction will believe the appointment inspired. Oh and there will be much speculation on how much wiggle room there is with FFP for the new season.

i am surprised that there has been so little fall out from this post, RadioactiveWaste.

32 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Me neither.

If the players stand up to be counted then there is enough in that expensively assembled squad to win the play offs regardless of who picks the team.

Our squad can match anyone in this league and going into the play-offs with an experienced motivator like Redknapp will bolster our chances.  

Apart from the Wolves home game, can you name a 90 minute performance all season where we played well for the whole 90 mins?

The teams in the top 6 have been poor this season, there has been no real consistency. Any team that had been consistent the last 38  - they would have run away with the the league.

Somebody elsewhere in another thread said the championship league was poor this year, possibly they are right.

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Apart from the Wolves home game, can you name a 90 minute performance all season where we played well for the whole 90 mins?

The teams in the top 6 have been poor this season, there has been no real consistency. Any team that had been consistent the last 38  - they would have run away with the the league.

Somebody elsewhere in another thread said the championship league was poor this year, possibly they are right.

Rotherham at home. 

6 hours ago, toddy said:

Hull away was just about the perfect away performance.  

Other than that, maybe up to the 80th minute at Rotherham :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Hull away was just about the perfect away performance.  

Other than that, maybe up to the 80th minute at Rotherham :ph34r:

Yep, we won at Hull a good 90 mins performance arguably not, but a win nether the less - 38 games and I dare say there less than a hand full of 90 minutes performances in there......Wolves at Home, Rotherham home, Hull away...........

Archived