Big Brendan linked with Derby

North East Ram

4 hours ago, sage said:

oooh I qualify for the politburo

Only just Sage, only just .. The central committee will be watching 

there was an old joke pre the fall of the iron curtain. While every country has its jokes along the lines of why do they go around in two's .. Answer .. One reads one writes .. In Romania it was secret policemen jokes .. The went around in three's .. One reads, one writes and the third one kept an eye on those two intellectuals. Coach, Manager and director of football has parallels

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26 March 2016 at 13:10, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think it'll be "Brian McDermott" because the disguise will be easier to carry off for the true manager of derby County.

I'd like Brian McDermott because his entire head is such a blank canvas that you could probably draw Brian Clough's face onto his face and get away with saying it's actually him.

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I'd like Brian McDermott because his entire head is such a blank canvas that you could probably draw Brian Clough's face into his face and get away with saying it's actually him.

Well that's a forum avatar if ever I've seen one. Where's @wixman1884?

6 minutes ago, jono said:

Only just Sage, only just .. The central committee will be watching 

there was an old joke pre the fall of the iron curtain. While every country has its jokes along the lines of why do they go around in two's .. Answer .. One reads one writes .. In Romania it was secret policemen jokes .. The went around in three's .. One reads, one writes and the third one kept an eye on those two intellectuals. Coach, Manager and director of football has parallels

I shall be watchful comrade.

How many people qualify for the soviet?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do we?

What is the difference between homegrown quality and foreign quality?

Last 'foreign quality' I remember is Ravanelli, Ducroq and Grenet.

Price!

English players are overpriced. All the top teams in the Premiership have quality overseas imports. We have Camara and he can't get in the squad,

2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

I'd like Brian McDermott because his entire head is such a blank canvas that you could probably draw Brian Clough's face onto his face and get away with saying it's actually him.

Yes, it's true.

The children's toy 'Mr Potato Head' was based on Brian McDermott. 

In fact, I've been told if you placed a male organ on the forehead of Brian the resemblance to Paul Jewell is uncanny.

13 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

Yes, it's true.

The children's toy 'Mr Potato Head' was based on Brian McDermott. 

In fact, I've been told if you placed a male organ on the forehead of Brian the resemblance to Paul Jewell is uncanny.

'You've got to break a few Brian McDermott's to make an omelette' - John Lennon

11 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Rowett now firm favourite with Skybet at 5/2. What would people make of him if he was appointed next season? 

If we practically gave up on promotion mid-season to wait for the likes of McDermott or Rowett I'll be completely nonplussed. It was only worth not appointing someone immediately after sacking Clement if we've got O'Neill or big Brendan lined up.

3 hours ago, philmycock said:

Really? Why? Respecting your opinion obvs but surely he has no real promotion experience for such a big job??

I think I just prefer the overall narrative involved with bringing him in. He's young, seems decent enough, and has a history with the club and a good understanding of it. I also found him very likable when he was on Radio Derby. I don't really like the idea of us bringing in some big name championship manager in the same way I didn't like us splashing all that money in the last 2 windows. It kinda reminds me of setting the difficulty to easy on Fifa or something.

Like if Rocky took steroids in the first movie or if the karate kid just bought a gun. The results would have come faster, but the story wouldn't have been as great. Obviously I want us to win, but I'd prefer someone like Rowett to do it in 3 years than someone like Nigel Pearson to do it in 1.

On 3/26/2016 at 12:42, Tim Bucktoo said:

Mainly by me to be fair but a link is a link. My mate told me yesterday and he's not let me down before. He was on his 8th Vedett at the time but I have no reason to doubt him. Although it was he who first revealed that there were rumours in Scotland that Sammon used to be a type of centre forward. I mean, as if.

Anyway, we both noted the tell tale signs that neither Derby or Brog are denying it. My guess is that if you ask either of em, they'd probably deny it too such is their strength in unity that this story must not get released. 

Really excited about Brog coming to Derby and he's my no1 choice. 

What do you guys think about our probable new manager?

.Great

As long as it is NOT the ostrich loving LUNATIC !

And I don`t mean Bernie Clifton

4 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

I think I just prefer the overall narrative involved with bringing him in. He's young, seems decent enough, and has a history with the club and a good understanding of it. I also found him very likable when he was on Radio Derby. I don't really like the idea of us bringing in some big name championship manager in the same way I didn't like us splashing all that money in the last 2 windows. It kinda reminds me of setting the difficulty to easy on Fifa or something.

Like if Rocky took steroids in the first movie or if the karate kid just bought a gun. The results would have come faster, but the story wouldn't have been as great. Obviously I want us to win, but I'd prefer someone like Rowett to do it in 3 years than someone like Nigel Pearson to do it in 1.

All that ^^^^^^^^^ 

Totally agree ! I hope Rowett gets it !

Archived