Big Brendan linked with Derby

North East Ram

I dunno, I think in Clem-view there were plenty of good performances where the team did enough without being threatened particularly. They weren't exciting perhaps, only turning it on for 20mins, or spells as required.

I sort of think no 90 minute performance is as much "it's been so dull this season" being expressed.

But then again, we've had plenty of poor shows without too many breathtaking ones. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clem was a results merchant and until his last few matches he was succeeding in winning as opposed to entertaining. His formula worked. There were lots of matches where I left feeling non plussed cos we'd won but not convinced / entertained. But I just thought that's the ruthless nature of success to achieve the end goal. I think we would've achieved success and then sorted the aesthetics later on. How Arsenal fans used to suffer '1 nil to the Arsenal' before they became entertaining winners.

He's gone now and I wish him well. He seemed a good guy but not to Mel's liking. Or many Derby fans.

But now I'm enthused because Brog is on his way. 

On 28 March 2016 at 04:28, Seth's left foot said:

It would serve the wrist slashers right if Mel has a big appointment lined up for the summer and DW is the obvious stopgap, i'm personally looking forward to the future...

But that's one of the good things about apparently being a wrist-slasher...it's a win-win! If Mel appoints a donkey, our judgement is proven correct.

If he appoints Jesus, it was either (a) our sheer force of intellect which persuaded him that DCFC fans are not a pack of garden-variety numpties who'll swallow an absurd appointment (like, say, a previous messiah-like manager's son or even the owner's mate of many years; or (b) a great result for the club so why would you try to score childish points over it.

More seriously, can't one criticise Mel's decisions where they warrant criticism / questioning without being accused of either wrist-slashers or ungrateful.

7 hours ago, RamDon said:

But that's one of the good things about apparently being a wrist-slasher...it's a win-win! If Mel appoints a donkey, our judgement is proven correct.

If he appoints Jesus, it was either (a) our sheer force of intellect which persuaded him that DCFC fans are not a pack of garden-variety numpties who'll swallow an absurd appointment (like, say, a previous messiah-like manager's son or even the owner's mate of many years; or (b) a great result for the club so why would you try to score childish points over it.

More seriously, can't one criticise Mel's decisions where they warrant criticism / questioning without being accused of either wrist-slashers or ungrateful.

7 hours ago, RamDon said:

We can question and criticise by all means (that's why we're on this forum) but some of the repetitive moaning is grating when not all of the facts are usually known ie Clement's sacking.

Archived