Cardiff City vs Derby County

DarkFruitsRam7

10 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'm confused, you said by getting us promoted it was crippling us, and clement was doing the same? if it was the brand of football that resulted in us going down then I presume we won several games u der the next manager that came in.....

Possibly, if we hadn't jumped from the frying pan into the fire.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
6 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Any team with Johnson in it isn't right.

Christie done nothing wrong to be dropped, replaced by Hanson who listening to it, had another poor game there. 

I thought Hanson was solid against Forest and deserved to be picked again. But once we went behind we should have brought Christie on as he gives us more of an attacking threat.  I cant work it out with Johnson , our midfield just isnt working. 

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Not really, it was obvious since the day we sacked Clement and brought in the kids teams manager that the entertainment from the season was over.

What did you think of the performance again today, and Darren's brand of football?

The entertainment over? When did it start?

No idea about performance not been to the match, you tell me.

I have been a Derby fan for 46 years. Today, I could not be bothered to switch the radio on to listen to the commentary. I have found the commentary rather depressing in recent weeks. I checked the score on my phone a couple of times. If we had scored first then I would have switched the radio on. We did not, so I did not. Roll on getting another manager and a making a new start next season. Pearson would get us promoted using the Pearson Way. 'Spit and feathers' may be included in the proceedings. I would like to proffer some useful suggestions but I remain mystified as to how we turned into whatever we have turned into.

We probably need a clear out of players and a 'no nonsense' manager. We may get promoted in two more seasons. We may not. COYR.

ps If Hughes can play on monday why could he not come on today for 20 minutes?

15 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Go on then. . . Find some positives 

I only have to spend another 360 minutes this season surrounded by idiots who think we have a divine right to be in the Premier League.

Actually that will probably be about 320 minutes.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

The entertainment over? When did it start?

No idea about performance not been to the match, you tell me.

Well we only lost 5 games under our previous manager, were sitting top of the league at Xmas and only a few points behind the autos when the chairman decided to step in.  This was after demanding improvements during our slump, to play the Derby way.  Maybe not entertainment to you, but I enjoy different types of football, possession football that resulted in more often than not positive results.  I can't tell you either, apart from the predictable 1 shot on target stat, I have lost interest in spending money to watch a team that is put out without a plan, an identity and plays players just because the chairman wants "youth".

Why didn't you go, other plans I take it........

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I have been a Derby fan for 46 years. Today, I could not be bothered to switch the radio on to listen to the commentary. I have found the commentary rather depressing in recent weeks. I checked the score on my phone a couple of times. If we had scored first then I would have switched the radio on. We did not, so I did not. Roll on getting another manager and a making a new start next season. Pearson would get us promoted using the Pearson Way. 'Spit and feathers' may be included in the proceedings. I would like to proffer some useful suggestions but I remain mystified as to how we turned into whatever we have turned into.

We probably need a clear out of players and a 'no nonsense' manager. We may get promoted in two more seasons. We may not. COYR.

ps If Hughes can play on monday why could he not come on today for 20 minutes?

I wish I'd followed suit. That was a very depressing listen. According to the radio commentary we scored a goal out of nothing and didn't create anything else. When one asks "why don't we score from all the corners we normally seem to get as a team?" the learned response is apparently that teams don't score from corners anymore. Well, we conceded from two today.

We sounded dreadful but there was no reaction from the bench. It was the same watching live at the last match, when we had players who couldn't walk yet there was no reaction from the bench and no one warming up. One sub (finally) on 76 minutes and another on 82. No one seems to know how they're meant to be playing.

Interested to hear the opinions of people at the game though I'm not sure I can face logging on to find out.

Is Hughes the only hope left for the season? And how unfair is that to put on his shoulders as he comes back from injury?

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I only have to spend another 360 minutes this season surrounded by idiots who think we have a divine right to be in the Premier League.

Actually that will probably be about 320 minutes.

That's not a positive, that's negative booooooo you're a boo boy like the rest of us, how dare you bbbbbboooooolo

We're playing to a fraction of our ability and it's hard to see any positive outcome from this season. It's disapponting, however, the thought of being promoted in this state doesn't appeal to me either. 

Let's just try and get some enjoyment out of the last few games of the season and don't get too down when we lose. Also, I'd like to see people give Wassall a break. He isn't going to get the job permanently, he's just doing what he can in the role he was offered. 

The Championship is the place to be!!

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I wish I'd followed suit. That was a very depressing listen. According to the radio commentary we scored a goal out of nothing and didn't create anything else. When one asks "why don't we score from all the corners we normally seem to get as a team?" the learned response is apparently that teams don't score from corners anymore. Well, we conceded from two today.

We sounded dreadful but there was no reaction from the bench. It was the same watching live at the last match, when we had players who couldn't walk yet there was no reaction from the bench and no one warming up. One sub (finally) on 76 minutes and another on 82. No one seems to know how they're meant to be playing.

Interested to hear the opinions of people at the game though I'm not sure I can face logging on to find out.

Is Hughes the only hope left for the season? And how unfair is that to put on his shoulders as he comes back from injury?

Hughes could turn a match around in a moment. He does not have to play for 90 minutes. Could he be worse? I think not.

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Well we only lost 5 games under our previous manager, were sitting top of the league at Xmas and only a few points behind the autos when the chairman decided to step in.  This was after demanding improvements during our slump, to play the Derby way.  Maybe not entertainment to you, but I enjoy different types of football, possession football that resulted in more often than not positive results.  I can't tell you either, apart from the predictable 1 shot on target stat, I have lost interest in spending money to watch a team that is put out without a plan, an identity and plays players just because the chairman wants "youth".

Why didn't you go, other plans I take it........

Yes, we definitely have different ideas of entertainment.

I only go to 2 or 3 away games a season and it has been that way since I had children, not sure what the relevance is?

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We're playing to a fraction of our ability and it's hard to see any positive outcome from this season. It's disapponting, however, the thought of being promoted in this state doesn't appeal to me either. 

Let's just try and get some enjoyment out of the last few games of the season and don't get too down when we lose. Also, I'd like to see people give Wassall a break. He isn't going to get the job permanently, he's just doing what he can in the role he was offered. 

The Championship is the place to be!!

You are only saying that because you will gain a few quid should we finish outside the top 6, you are probably one of the only few that are pleased he has the job, and the guarantees that him keeping that bring with it :-)

Archived