Cardiff City vs Derby County

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The debate between Leeds and G Star reminds me of the Bris v Sage epic. (Peterborough away about 3 years ago if memory serves!)

Its disappointing to lose any game but to slag off managers, coaches, players and formations 5 minutes after a game you haven't even seen has just finished is remarkable.

Only having seen the goals, it looks like we'd have won at Rotherham and Cardiff if Craig Forsyth had been playing.

I am back from the match. It's not so often I agree with the wrist slashers but the game was just as poor as the statistics suggest. 

I am mystified how we can have so much talent, so much possession and do nothing with it. 

Yes the pitch was dodgy but the number of times we were in possession and had the ball taken off us was astonishing.  We can't withstand the tamest challenge.  

I know people are blaming the manager but frankly the lack of challenges for the second ball from these professional privileged players is shocking! 

Ince emerged with some credit but other than that and one fantastic save from Carson I can think of little else positive to say. 

An eleven hour round trip for that. 

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

The debate between Leeds and G Star reminds me of the Bris v Sage epic. (Peterborough away about 3 years ago if memory serves!)

Its disappointing to lose any game but to slag off managers, coaches, players and formations 5 minutes after a game you haven't even seen has just finished is remarkable.

Only having seen the goals, it looks like we'd have won at Rotherham and Cardiff if Craig Forsyth had been playing.

Or Warnock. 

Just now, angieram said:

I am back from the match. It's not so often I agree with the wrist slashers but the game was just as poor as the statistics suggest. 

I am mystified how we can have so much talent, so much possession and do nothing with it. 

Yes the pitch was dodgy but the number of times we were in possession and had the ball taken off us was astonishing.  We can't withstand the tamest challenge.  

I know people are blaming the manager but frankly the lack of challenges for the second ball from these professional privileged players is shocking! 

Ince emerged with a some credit but other than that and one fantastic save from Carson I can think of little else positive to say. 

An eleven hour round trip for that. 

Yep 13 hours for me. Ince did look bright and I felt sorry for him he was obviously trying to take the the game forward and not only did he have 11 Cardiff players his own players were making things difficult for him too.

Reading Angie's post it occurred to me some of our players aren't looking at the big picture. And that is if a new manager comes in and doesn't like what he's seeing (presumably he'll he'll study videos of our last few games) quite few of them might be deemed surplus to requirements and the only way for them is down.

They ain't going to get offers from the Premier League, they aren't going to have the facilities they are used to now, possibly less money so I wonder when the penny is going to drop and some of them start to pull their fingers out and put a bloomin' shift in ?

Being as it appears some of them are in some kind of comfort zone, happy to put in a that'll do kind of performance,  I think a rude awakening is the order of the day and arses need to be kicked.

3 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't mind your posts, i don't agree with all of them but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.....aren't they ;-)

Leeds Ram,why do you persist in wasting your time with the Troll who calls himself "G-Star" ? He isn't worth it,he isn't even a Derby supporter.All he does is pick on certain people and tries to wind them up. He tried it on me,till I sussed him out and ignored him,try it. He is pathetic and sad and knows nothing about football. My guess is that he is probably a Tory supporting Accountant,lonely and boring ,he depends on winding people up,what could be worse? forget him,he is a tosser.

25 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

The debate between Leeds and G Star reminds me of the Bris v Sage epic. (Peterborough away about 3 years ago if memory serves!) 

Ah Happy Days

It ended about 3 years ago but it started at least 2 years earlier.

Not that i'm stubborn or anything.  

With MacClaren we let in soft goals but we were able to score enough ourselves for that not to matter.

To have Johnson on the left and Hanson at right back makes us much more limited going forward. Some ( Wassall et al ) are saying the Forest performance was good but that was only after Johnson had been subbed and Russell brought on. Wassall doesn't appear to learn and his judgement on the game today seems delusional, to say the least.

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Think the starting 11 was the right one today (Chrsitie maybe ahead of Hansen, however he did well there against florist) just don't understand why we didn't change things sooner. Darren and Arry must of realised we weren't creating anything meaningful. Do we change it for Tuesday? Or just hope this team/formation can keep the home form going and sneak a playoff place. 

On what basis was the starting 11 today " the right one " ? It didn't work that well against Forest. 

We didn't change it sooner cos Wassall ain't got a clue.

54 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Yep 13 hours for me. Ince did look bright and I felt sorry for him he was obviously trying to take the the game forward and not only did he have 11 Cardiff players his own players were making things difficult for him too.

It took as long for us to get from the away car park at the ground to the roundabout near ASDA as it took to get from there to Keynsham, over 50 miles away. What an armpit of a ground it is to get away from - nearly as bad as iPro.

5 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

We only had 4 shots in total, I suppose the ball could have bobbled across the crossbar 33 times on each of them shots, but somehow I doubt it.  I'll await you comments then once you have watched the game, and can enlighten us on good we were, and what type of football we were playing.

We were as poor as we have been in any game over the last 5 years - Ince for me was the only Derby outfield player who came out of that match with any credit. We were slow and predictable going forward, brittle defending and altogether uninspiring.

57 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Reading Angie's post it occurred to me some of our players aren't looking at the big picture. And that is if a new manager comes in and doesn't like what he's seeing (presumably he'll he'll study videos of our last few games) quite few of them might be deemed surplus to requirements and the only way for them is down.

They ain't going to get offers from the Premier League, they aren't going to have the facilities they are used to now, possibly less money so I wonder when the penny is going to drop and some of them start to pull their fingers out and put a bloomin' shift in ?

Being as it appears some of them are in some kind of comfort zone, happy to put in a that'll do kind of performance,  I think a rude awakening is the order of the day and arses need to be kicked.

For me the bigger picture is that these players are I believe capable of getting promotion. And if we did, these players would all get MASSIVE pay rises. Clubs need to have relegation clauses in players' contracts nowadays, but that also means they must reciprocate and put in promotion clauses. Everyone would double their money if we went up. Crazy that there seems such a lack of drive and dynamism throughout so much of the team, when incredible riches and exposure are on offer.

I don't think you can keep rewarding such poor performances with starting places. And I don't think you can keep doing the same thing and expect different results. We need a lift, freshening up somehow. We had no pace up front yet again. I say give Camara a go on Tuesday. Have a speedy winger running at people and taking them on and getting the IPride crowd on their feet.

Also, one of us needs to step up and take on the Hull home thread. I've done it once this season and it didn't end well.

Just disappointing again, every time we get a decent result or look like we're taking a step forward we take a big one backwards. After the Forest result and this "feel good factor" from SB5 to go down there and put another tepid display on is disheartening. We've just threw open the door for 6th spot, a point would have been good enough - 5 points clear with a game less to play.

Not sure what is going on anymore. Johnson got a clause in his contract where he gets paid more if he doesn't play? Would make him starting every game more understandable as I'm beginning to think he has less ability than sammon on the ball. Players seem to have lost the desire to play for the club and it's heart breaking to watch if I'm honest. Everything that was built back up after the relegation season seems to have been ruined in 12 months. A load of overpaid ponces. Almost a 12 hour trip, and for what? Ince was the only one that looked bothered. Wassall keeps saying formations, tactics etc don't matter. Does having a player on the post at corners count as a tactic? Been back in Derby a good few hours and still fuming at the lack of effort from the majority of players out there today.

23 minutes ago, eddie said:

We were as poor as we have been in any game over the last 5 years - Ince for me was the only Derby outfield player who came out of that match with any credit. We were slow and predictable going forward, brittle defending and altogether uninspiring.

Apart from that,we were ok,then?

1 minute ago, top 6 finish said:

Apart from that,we were ok,then?

The beer was good, the stewards as helpful as ever (Cardiff are amongst the best) and it gives me an excuse for a cheap weekend away from home, staying at my son's house, so yes. The rest of the 'match day experience' was very good.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

It took as long for us to get from the away car park at the ground to the roundabout near ASDA as it took to get from there to Keynsham, over 50 miles away. What an armpit of a ground it is to get away from - nearly as bad as iPro.

I parked near Lansdowne Road. Went to The Lansdowne pub and again was greated by friendly Welsh people who went out their way to make me feel welcome. Getting out after the game was a doddle. It took me 2.25 hours to get back to Derby. About a 15 minute walk to the ground which might not be ideal for you.

Archived