Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

3 hours ago, Srg said:

Bit harsh... Wassall completely reversed a performance in the last 10 minutes at Rotherham.

:ph34r:

Thanks for reminding me of one the biggest epic fails of game management at derby county in recent memory. Nice.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Thanks for reminding me of one the biggest epic fails of game management at derby county in recent memory. Nice.

I think you're overselling how big of a fail it was. It was only a 3 goal lead with 7 minutes + stoppage time left. 

I hope he goes to Jordan after the season ends.

That means he's not being "managed into" the job for next season.

The whole thing smacks of "do something otherwise the season might peater out and the fans might get "overly critical" so here it is. If it works, good. I'm not writing it off, but I'm not a particular fan of Redknapp and don't think he'd be the answer for even a season.

Bottom line .. He eases pressure on DW. His experience over a lifetime in the game commands respect from the players, especially some of the older heads and those with a delicate ego. Bingo .. The team starts to play as a team and get a bit closer to the potential that they have as individuals 

well .. That's the theory at least ! 

Maybe considering taking on Jordan full time raises what we would have to fifer him to stay with us and puts pressure on us to act faster in terms of a decision if we want to keep him,,, happens all the time with players ,, outside interest around new contract negotiation time ,,, just a thought

I won't pretend I understand the Redknapp appointment but, as always, have two diametrically opposed theories as to the rationale.

On the one hand, it eases pressure on everyone; DW, MM, everyone. Mel is seen to be doing something - even if sceptics like myself think 'Arry is a traditional unthinking manager - without sacking Wassall.

On the other hand, it could be that 'Arry's commitment to Jordan render him unable to take up the appointment until June. Personally, I suspect it is the latter (on zero evidence) although I hope it's not; FWIW, football (and prudential common sense) passed 'Arry by a fair while ago.

16 hours ago, RamDon said:

I won't pretend I understand the Redknapp appointment but, as always, have two diametrically opposed theories as to the rationale.

On the one hand, it eases pressure on everyone; DW, MM, everyone. Mel is seen to be doing something - even if sceptics like myself think 'Arry is a traditional unthinking manager - without sacking Wassall.

On the other hand, it could be that 'Arry's commitment to Jordan render him unable to take up the appointment until June. Personally, I suspect it is the latter (on zero evidence) although I hope it's not; FWIW, football (and prudential common sense) passed 'Arry by a fair while ago.

You don't have to worry. 'Arry is a southcoast boy and there's not the slightest chance he would make a permanent move to manage in Derby. It's purely short-term.

You could be right about the highlighted elements.

I don't believe we have anyone lined up for the summer and think Mel is crossing his fingers that he can appoint Wass. Despite talking the talk about buying quality and not quantity, all our signings have disappointed and been just the opposite, and no better than what we already had. If we're truly waiting for a top-quality manager who isn't available until the summer and it's the same recruitment team responsible, I'm not hopeful.

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

You don't have to worry. 'Arry is a southcoast boy and there's not the slightest chance he would make a permanent move to manage in Derby. It's purely short-term.

You could be right about the highlighted elements.

I don't believe we have anyone lined up for the summer and think Mel is crossing his fingers that he can appoint Wass. Despite talking the talk about buying quality and not quantity, all our signings have disappointed and been just the opposite, and no better than what we already had. If we're truly waiting for a top-quality manager who isn't available until the summer and it's the same recruitment team responsible, I'm not hopeful.

Cripes Carl - you've spooked me now. 

I'd assumed that the mob responsible for player signings will be nowhere near the managerial appointment and that it was at most a selection panel of Mel and Sam. 

Now I'm quaking as our analytical team unearth the managerial equivalent of nick blackman......

Dearie me.....

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Cripes Carl - you've spooked me now. 

I'd assumed that the mob responsible for player signings will be nowhere near the managerial appointment and that it was at most a selection panel of Mel and Sam. 

Now I'm quaking as our analytical team unearth the managerial equivalent of nick blackman......

Dearie me.....

What's the point of having a multimillion-pound state-of-the-art analysis department if we don't use them to home in on the most statistically perfect manager? You know it makes sense! :ph34r:

Let's hope not!

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If nothing else, Wassall can learn a huge amount from 'Arry's post-match interview technique?

It helps to win 8-0 as well.

Thought he was leaning toward the Stcheeve technique a lot of Pidgeon English in a Jordanian accent. " As we say in Ingland triffic first half hat trick from a crackin lad from a crackin family "

17 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Lost 5-1 to the Aussies so the Jordan dream is over and our 'Arry will be heading home to the iPride: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Heavy-defeat-Harry-Redknapp-Jordan/story-29012555-detail/story.html

Flat track bully......can do it against the mighty Bangladesh but crumbles against the roos.

Hope there aren't parallels with the rams having disposed of the mighty forest....

Archived