Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HKRam said:

According to the mod of the other DCFC forum, members of this forum are kind of like Sun readers to him because we seem to like one liners with no substance.

Harry Redknapp: Ex-Tottenham boss could extend Jordan stay

Harry Redknapp is open to the possibility of extending his spell in charge of Jordan beyond an initial two-game deal.

The former Tottenham boss, 69, has agreed to oversee upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Bangladesh and Australia.

"If we win them and everyone is happy I'd love to come back," said Redknapp.

"We have to make sure we win. At the moment it's two games but we'll look to the future after these two games."

Redknapp, who has also taken up an advisory role at Championship side Derby County, was approached by Jordan Football Association president Prince Ali bin Al Hussein earlier this month about taking charge of the side ranked 82nd in the world.

"It is very rare you have people of this class. I spoke to many people but immediately it became evident Harry is the man for the job."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35874835

Heh.

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think you have hit the nail on the head in your opening sentence. The value of HR will be with regard to the man management of the players. If he can give them just a little more belief, a little more pride in themselves, a little more determination, a little more camaraderie between them then it not only makes everyone's jobs easier but will likely result in more points. 

DW will be seen to implement the tactics of the "Coaching team"which includes HR. If HR was in the dugout it could/would demotivate DW. I think they have it right on this one.

Perhaps that is why KP in the dugout for second half? If DW needs HR's opinion he sends KP up to the stand, get it and returns back to DW with it. Then DW makes changes guided by HR looking like he made the final choice. Simple! Let,s hope it's not a long discussion between the two of them or KP is going to be well knackered! Telephone or radio even simpler, but I remember that HR said he did not want one. I,m sure they did this before all of this fancy gadgetry stuff.?

13 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Even worse than that, but maybe not as bad as going in the dressing room and belittling him. 

All stems from the original faux pas for me - no need to berate Clement, or appoint Rednapp to hold Darren's hand if we hadn't totally borked the managerial appointment over the summer.

Bla bla. Clement was a brave experiment gone wrong, and the whole dam crowd should have gone into the dressing room after that debacle of a performance. What a waste of a day that was. Good on Mel holding them all accountable ... Anyway, can we move on now? Redknapp's influence is yet to be determined and we've got a promotion push in progress.

7 hours ago, ossieram said:

I'll wait until the end of the season before deciding whether or not it was a bad decision.

Those are exactly my thoughts, what's the point in judging him before he's even had a chance here? 

Plus, I don't know whether he played any role against Forest, but since he's been here our record is: P1 W1 D0 L0

18 minutes ago, toldu said:

If he extends his involvement with Jordan where does that leave us?

relegation.

In seriousness, I seriously doubt he will. Even if he does doubt it would have much affect as international games are played at different times to club games.

20 minutes ago, emjlc02 said:

Harry doesn't seem to be having any real input to me but it seems to have stopped people wanting to shoot Wassell. Genius by Mel

How can you say that? Without being a fly on the wall every time DW speaks to Harry how can any of us possibly say what impact Harry is having? 

23 minutes ago, emjlc02 said:

Harry doesn't seem to be having any real input to me but it seems to have stopped people wanting to shoot Wassell. Genius by Mel

Impossible to know either way.

But lets take a tiny amount of evidence and make a black and white judgement from that instead;

In the first half we were crap; at HT Harry went into the dressing room; in the second half we were better. 

Therefore: Input.

Anyone can make facts from speculation ;)

43 minutes ago, toldu said:

If he extends his involvement with Jordan where does that leave us?

It won't have any affect on us at all. His contract is only until the end of the season with us and he is free to do what he wants after that.

9 hours ago, Ninos said:

Bla bla. Clement was a brave experiment gone wrong, and the whole dam crowd should have gone into the dressing room after that debacle of a performance. What a waste of a day that was. Good on Mel holding them all accountable ... Anyway, can we move on now? Redknapp's influence is yet to be determined and we've got a promotion push in progress.

Well if Redknapp really did get involved at HT against florest, it is the first time in a long time we've come out second half and completely reversed a poor performance that I can remember. So there may be some green shoots there.

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

Well if Redknapp really did get involved at HT against florest, it is the first time in a long time we've come out second half and completely reversed a poor performance that I can remember. So there may be some green shoots there.

Bit harsh... Wassall completely reversed a performance in the last 10 minutes at Rotherham.

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

We know he went in to the dressing room, the Sky cameras watched him go in and it was pointed out to the viewers. Obviously, any input thereafter is unknown, but I find it unlikely he went in just for a sandwich. 

24 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I'm pretty sure our purple patch with Clement was littered with games like this. There were people on here saying Clement had a knack of getting them to come out in the 2nd half with more vigour.

Then Mel decided he'd fancy a go at it during the Reading game... :ph34r:

Archived