Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sympathize with Bridgford on this.

Being a football supporter is not unconditional and BR is entitled to have his personal threshold of what he can accept. I've been a season ticket holder for many years but would have stop going myself a few years back if 3 Amigos hadn't been ousted by the Gadsby consortium

Personally I don't see the appointment of Redknapp as being even close to a make-or-break issue but I do share some of BR's concerns - this is the guy that opened a bank account in the name of his dog FFS! At the end of the day though Wassall clearly needs help and nobody can deny the breadth and depth of Harry's experience so overall I welcome the appointment. Like many fans though, I wish it was as a proper (temporary) manager rather than this bizarre role they've concocted, presumably to try and save face for Morris and Wassall.

What I DO strongly object to is what appears to be the continuous stream of misinformation coming out of the club. Mostyn may be right that it's unrealistic to expect them to tell us absolutely everything but there's a huge difference between holding information back and (apparently) making stuff up that simply isn't true to try and save face.

AS BR says, we have every right to challenge this and arguably have a responsibility to do so.

At the end of the day we all want the same thing and that's for Derby to be successful but some of us think that the way the club is currently being run is becoming a barrier to that. In that context, it's unrealistic to expect us all to just rally round and tow the line. The club needs to gets its house in order and stop treating us like idiots.

23 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

Interesting snippet from this article: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Harry-Redknapp-praise-Rams-chairman/story-28948792-detail/story.html#ixzz43FqbTPJS

Redknapp said he had never met Morris until Monday.

"I did not know him. I had never met him in my life until I came up here on Monday," added Redknapp.

"I didn't know if he was 25 or 85.

"I was impressed with him."

I realise this probably looks like I'm stirring, but did Rush not say on the radio that Morris and Redknapp were friends??

Why would Rush feel the need to say that? I thought it was strange at the time, as there was no obvious connection between Morris and Redknapp - so the idea that they were buddies was very out the blue.

Makes it difficult to trust clubs spokesman when they're saying one thing, then being contradicted less than a week later. On the whole, I'd like to believe I can trust Rush, Morris, etc - but this sort of thing doesn't half undermine their public statements. 

For the record, I'm not anti-Mel by any means. Grateful for the £££ he's put into the club, and though mistakes have been made this season, I do think in the long run it'll all work out. 

I'm pretty sure he said he'd never met WASSALL before. I think Mel and HR live nearby to each other in Dorset. 

6 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

I sympathize with Bridgford on this.

Being a football supporter is not unconditional and BR is entitled to have his personal threshold of what he can accept. I've been a season ticket holder for many years but would have stop going myself a few years back if 3 Amigos hadn't been ousted by the Gadsby consortium

Personally I don't see the appointment of Redknapp as being even close to a make-or-break issue but I do share some of BR's concerns - this is the guy that opened a bank account in the name of his dog FFS! At the end of the day though Wassall clearly needs help and nobody can deny the breadth and depth of Harry's experience so overall I welcome the appointment. Like many fans though, I wish it was as a proper (temporary) manager rather than this bizarre role they've concocted, presumably to try and save face for Morris and Wassall.

What I DO strongly object to is what appears to be the continuous stream of misinformation coming out of the club.

The club needs to gets its house in order and stop treating us like idiots.

I think that it needs to be said that this 'misinformation' is largely stuff that is being made up, assumed and misinterpreted on social media. 

You don't have to look too hard to see people posting comments that are their opinions and assumptions but are presented as actual facts. Some are in such a state about things that everything is interpreted as bad/spin/lies (pick whichever). 

I've been known to tweet reactions to things in the heat of a bad result but honestly it goes beyond that with some people. 

4 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I'm pretty sure he said he'd never met WASSALL before. I think Mel and HR live nearby to each other in Dorset. 

Wait, who said what now? Harry said he'd never me Wassall before? Or Sam said Harry had never Wassall before?

In the latest podcast - Daveo and co talk about Rush mentioning Mel and HR are friends. Yet in the Telegraph article it says they haven't even met. Someone's getting misquoted here. 

3 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

Wait, who said what now? Harry said he'd never me Wassall before? Or Sam said Harry had never Wassall before?

In the latest podcast - Daveo and co talk about Rush mentioning Mel and HR are friends. Yet in the Telegraph article it says they haven't even met. Someone's getting misquoted here. 

I heard an interview with Harry saying he'd never met Wassall before but was impressed with him 

1 minute ago, Ramshankered said:

Are the DET quoting from the Grauniad?! If so mistakes are easily explainable.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/17/harry-redknapp-signings-derby-county

“I got a phone call at the weekend and just asked what was the situation with the manager. I was told Darren wanted me to come in and help out and be another pair of eyes for him, with a bit of experience,” said Redknapp.

“I met the chairman and Sam [Rush, club president and chief executive] and this is a proper football club. I didn’t know [owner] Mel [Morris]. Never met him in my life until I came up. I didn’t know if he was 25 or 85. I was impressed with him.

“A few names were bandied about and Darren was happy with me.

“This club should get promoted, everything is in place. The players have got to perform, although at this stage of the season a lot of it is down to who holds their nerve. You’re looking for character.”

15 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I think that it needs to be said that this 'misinformation' is largely stuff that is being made up, assumed and misinterpreted on social media. 

You don't have to look too hard to see people posting comments that are their opinions and assumptions but are presented as actual facts. Some are in such a state about things that everything is interpreted as bad/spin/lies (pick whichever). 

I've been known to tweet reactions to things in the heat of a bad result but honestly it goes beyond that with some people. 

Sorry Ewe but that's simply not the case. I'm not talking about anything fans have said, I'm talking about the direct contradiction between what Rush said on Monday on the phone-in and what Redknapp said on TalkSport.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03kmr8x

http://talksport.com/football/im-here-get-derby-county-promoted-harry-redknapp-exclusive-joint-rams-and-jordan

5 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Sorry Ewe but that's simply not the case. I'm not talking about anything fans have said, I'm talking about the direct contradiction between what Rush said on Monday on the phone-in and what Redknapp said on TalkSport.

http://talksport.com/football/im-here-get-derby-county-promoted-harry-redknapp-exclusive-joint-rams-and-jordan

I think as you referred to it as a "Continuous stream", Ewe is referring to the fact that on many occasions there are some fans who spin things themselves and present them as facts. That is not to say that some information coming out of the club isn't spin, I agree with Ewe from the point that some fans on social media seem to try to spin everything themselves- to fit a weird agenda to for some reason hate everything about the club. 

1 minute ago, Red Ram said:

It's an implied contradiction, not a direct one. 

You're assuming that if DW asked for help he would be one instigating in conversation with HR, which isn't the case, in fact the information that DW asked for help probably wouldn't be mentioned in a conversation between MM and HR or DW and HR.

DW to Rush/Morris: I need help.

Rush/Morris to DW: We will get some.

Morris to HR: DW needs help, will you help?

Morris to HR: OK.

HR to DW: I'm here to help

DW to HR: Ok, great.

At no point has anyone told Harry Redknapp that Darren Wassall asked for help. That would not be relevant to the discussion. As far as HR is concerned the Chairman came to him saying DW needed help, and whether or not DW wanted it, he was going to help.

I'm not saying there isn't a contradiction, but until you KNOW what was said and between whom, it's an IMPLIED contradiction. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

It's an implied contradiction, not a direct one. 

You're assuming that if DW asked for help he would be one instigating in conversation with HR, which isn't the case, in fact the information that DW asked for help probably wouldn't be mentioned in a conversation between MM and HR or DW and HR.

DW to Rush/Morris: I need help.

Rush/Morris to DW: We will get some.

Morris to HR: DW needs help, will you help?

Morris to HR: OK.

HR to DW: I'm here to help

DW to HR: Ok, great.

At no point has anyone told Harry Redknapp that Darren Wassall asked for help. That would not be relevant to the discussion. As far as HR is concerned the Chairman came to him saying DW needed help, and whether or not DW wanted it, he was going to help.

I'm not saying there isn't a contradiction, but until you KNOW what was said and between whom, it's an IMPLIED contradiction. 

I think its time that the club produce transcripts of every single conversation taken place on DCFC property. Why don't they do this already?! WHAT ARE THEY HIDING! 

2 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I think its time that the club produce transcripts of every single conversation taken place on DCFC property. Why don't they do this already?! WHAT ARE THEY HIDING! 

Yeah but as soon as that happens MM has told them what to say and not being honest and saying what they really feel.

The fact that people are trying to pick out lies in the situation suggests that in their mind there's some form of conspiracy afoot, which is just absurd. 

Frankly this all boggles my mind, it's like people just actively want us to fail. 

52 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

Harris Redknapp had never met Mel in real life but they have known each other for a while through Suger Dad Book (MM's version of Facebook).

HR was not ascertain if MM was 25 or 85 because, as an experienced old head, Harry knew MM could never be a 18 years-old hot babe. To good to be true.

#ITK

Neither Rush nor Redknapp lied. Just semantics because "friends", with or without benefits, could be made through hyperspace, 3D even.

Totally with Saintram on the post on page 63.

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The fact that people are trying to pick out lies in the situation suggests that in their mind there's some form of conspiracy afoot, which is just absurd. 

Frankly this all boggles my mind, it's like people just actively want us to fail. 

People want Wassall to fail, just to satisfy their argument that they think he is the wrong man, and they wanted a bigger name in, even as interim boss.

I still standby scores of posts Ive made that I will support whoever is in charge, especially if I think fans all around me are unjust in their cristism just because they dont like his substituions or how he comes across in Interviews.

43 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

This is hilarious. I have said it before but I'll shout it this time...................YOU STONKING GREAT DRAMA QUEENS.......

Nice to see you posting Scarlet, was hoping your self imposed exile was not permanent and didn't last too long.

Archived