Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

As a counter argument Jordan are 82nd in the world rankings, which currently is only 15 places behind Australia. I know the rankings aren't worth all that much but Jordan did beat Australia in the first fixture of this qualifying campaign. 

So I don't think saying they were expected to lose (especially not by such a big margin) is fair. It is however fair to say that HR saw the players (players I doubt he's seen at any other level either) for about a week. 

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

As a counter argument Jordan are 82nd in the world rankings, which currently is only 15 places behind Australia. I know the rankings aren't worth all that much but Jordan did beat Australia in the first fixture of this qualifying campaign. 

So I don't think saying they were expected to lose (especially not by such a big margin) is fair. It is however fair to say that HR saw the players (players I doubt he's seen at any other level either) for about a week. 

42 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Australia are a sporting nation. Jordan aren't. Domestically, it's parallel to Derby County Vs Biggleswade 

Not exactly a fair way of describing it to be honest. Jordan are a good side, they are passionate about the sport, but a lot of people in Europe don't really have any appreciation for Asian football. West Asian sides tend to be very strong at home, weak away. Jordan fit this beautifully. 

They weren't "expected to lose", but it was always a possibility. Them being completely destroyed though was bad though. Bangladesh was a dead rubber, it had no impact on where they could finish, this was the match that mattered and they were thoroughly beaten. 

13 minutes ago, Albert said:

Not exactly a fair way of describing it to be honest. Jordan are a good side, they are passionate about the sport, but a lot of people in Europe don't really have any appreciation for Asian football. West Asian sides tend to be very strong at home, weak away. Jordan fit this beautifully. 

They weren't "expected to lose", but it was always a possibility. Them being completely destroyed though was bad though. Bangladesh was a dead rubber, it had no impact on where they could finish, this was the match that mattered and they were thoroughly beaten. 

Oh of course it was possible, but I'm saying the sides aren't so far apart that losing was a foregone conclusion and you're quite right, 5-1 is a pretty awful.

20 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Oh of course it was possible, but I'm saying the sides aren't so far apart that losing was a foregone conclusion and you're quite right, 5-1 is a pretty awful.

They were poor. That said, Australia played damn well that day as well, Mooy looks a special player. 

Asian teams will celebrate the day that Cahill retires from Australia though. 

Sith Happens
10 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Harry is surprised Wes Morgan has not been called up by England and wouldn't let anyone down if he was... 

This is the same Wes Morgan that has been capped 25 times by Jamaica....

Ha - i didnt believe so had to google it....nice one Harry.

Imagine if he had got the england job....

4 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Remember when Jack Charlton could never remember the names of his players when he was ROI manager... In interviews he was like " the boy whatsit who plays at Everton"!! 

I read a story that when bobby Robson managed England he kept calling bryan robson, bobby during team talks 

Bryan apprently had to remind him 'no you're bobby im Bryan'

Good old bobby proper nice bloke, hope its a true story 

1 minute ago, G-Ram said:

I read a story that when bobby Robson managed England he kept calling bryan robson, bobby during team talks 

Bryan apprently had to remind him 'no you're bobby im Bryan'

Good old bobby proper nice bloke, hope its a true story 

That's made me chuckle good n proper that has!! Lol...

Archived