Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

5 minutes ago, HKRam said:

Yeah.

So my turn to ask you about your user name. Which body part did you drop from Will exactly? Or are you still attached to Will's body as it stands?

• Chest and abdomen
  • Arms
  • Feet
  • Legs
  • Pubic
  • Facial

Fair play then my friend, hope you've had a brilliant night.

For reference my forum name comes from my teenage daughters (both Ram's fans) discussing why Forest hate Will so much. Answer: It's 'Will Hughes Hair'

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

For reference my forum name comes from my teenage daughters (both Ram's fans) discussing why Forest hate Will so much. Answer: It's 'Will Hughes Hair'

You've never specified but I assume it was your, not your daughters', answer, right? Otherwise I don't know if one should concern if they've too much time at their hands.

Really open interview, what comes across most of all is just how much Harry can help with the interpersonal side of things. He seems to be the sort of chap that just simply thrives on being around folk who are committed and genuine. I think if there's any disruptive influences then he won't just be the sort to pass on info to Dazza but he'll have a word with the player as well. Can only see this being a positive. Could prove really decisive 

33 minutes ago, Manicsheepreacher said:

Really open interview, inhat comes across most of all is just how much Harry can help with the interpersonal side of things. He seems to be the sort of chap that just simply thrives on being around folk who are committed and genuine. I think if there's any disruptive influences then he won't just be the sort to pass on info to Dazza but he'll have a word with the player as well. Can only see this being a positive. Could prove really decisive 

This will not do. The first 40 pages were all a bunch of babies who would have complained about anyone but Pep Guardiola coming In. We're lucky to have got Harry, and although the jury's out for me  re Mel so far, hats off for pulling off this appointment.

3 hours ago, HKRam said:

You've never specified but I assume it was your, not your daughters', answer, right? Otherwise I don't know if one should concern if they've too much time at their hands.

This may seem weird to you but I value my daughters, and their opinions.  My concern is the eldest's view on the dreamy Jeff Hendrick.  She's going to a decent uni next autumn, but I'm not sure her criteria for  a decent footballer are correct :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Will should show loyalty and add little bit of black to his hair.

We should have had him in after clemant had gone and wassell  at no2. I think hes our next boss tho he said he wouldn't take over this season hes in to get a good understanding of the players for next season?......

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

It may have been posted already, but I'm not reading through hundreds of posts to find out. Do we know what day to day involvement he's having with us? 

Over these next two weeks, next to none. But generally I think he's there at the training ground, generally around Wassall, "advising". 

During games I'm not sure, but he spent the first half in the stands with Kevin Phillips, then both of them went into the dressing room at HT, then he spent the second half in the stands while KP went to the bench.

EDIT: We got better in the 2nd half ;) 

I think having Harry around has to play dividends with the players, Harry on the coaching field, in the pre match dressing room and again at HT.

My only concern is if Harry is sat up in the stand during the 2nd half of a game and can see a problem, or thinks a change of formation is required - how is he going to relay to Wassall in the dug out?

No, a much more sensible scenario would be Harry sits in the dug out at least in the 2nd half of games, we are employing him for his knowledge and experience, no point doing this if Harry is sat up in the stands without communication to the dug out  !

Having him around will help lads like Ince and Ollson imo. Not sure it'll have much effect on lads like Martin Russell. 

Ince already looks a different player, put in a lot of fight against Forest, he's been triffic the past few weeks as well. 

7 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Having him around will help lads like Ince and Ollson imo. Not sure it'll have much effect on lads like Martin Russell. 

Ince already looks a different player, put in a lot of fight against Forest, he's been triffic the past few weeks as well. 

No he hasn't. He's been adequate, no more no less

8 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Needs to stop shooting when players are in the process of tackling him though :lol:

Just now, Strange yearnings said:

No he hasn't. He's been adequate, no more no less

I'd say 2 assists and 2 goals in 2 games is more than adequate, personally. He made a lot of good runs against Forest that just needed better passes from Hanson as well. 

1 hour ago, toddy said:

I think having Harry around has to play dividends with the players, Harry on the coaching field, in the pre match dressing room and again at HT.

My only concern is if Harry is sat up in the stand during the 2nd half of a game and can see a problem, or thinks a change of formation is required - how is he going to relay to Wassall in the dug out?

No, a much more sensible scenario would be Harry sits in the dug out at least in the 2nd half of games, we are employing him for his knowledge and experience, no point doing this if Harry is sat up in the stands without communication to the dug out  !

I think you have hit the nail on the head in your opening sentence. The value of HR will be with regard to the man management of the players. If he can give them just a little more belief, a little more pride in themselves, a little more determination, a little more camaraderie between them then it not only makes everyone's jobs easier but will likely result in more points. 

DW will be seen to implement the tactics of the "Coaching team"which includes HR. If HR was in the dugout it could/would demotivate DW. I think they have it right on this one.

According to the mod of the other DCFC forum, members of this forum are kind of like Sun readers to him because we seem to like one liners with no substance. The below is reported at BBC rather than Sun, so I thought I should share it here in case some of you missed it:

Harry Redknapp: Ex-Tottenham boss could extend Jordan stay

Harry Redknapp is open to the possibility of extending his spell in charge of Jordan beyond an initial two-game deal.

The former Tottenham boss, 69, has agreed to oversee upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Bangladesh and Australia.

"If we win them and everyone is happy I'd love to come back," said Redknapp.

"We have to make sure we win. At the moment it's two games but we'll look to the future after these two games."

Redknapp, who has also taken up an advisory role at Championship side Derby County, was approached by Jordan Football Association president Prince Ali bin Al Hussein earlier this month about taking charge of the side ranked 82nd in the world.

"It is very rare you have people of this class. I spoke to many people but immediately it became evident Harry is the man for the job."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35874835

Archived