Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

If this is true its even more of a Joke. Get someone in to help who cant even afford us all his time. How can he see players in training etc if he is swanning off to Jordan. Madness.

So now we know what the "Derby Way" is!

I much preferred Brian Clough Way!

Any similarity betwixt Redknap and Docherty (1978) is definitely and deliberately accidental.

Joe Jordan might inject a bit of fighting spirit into the team though which wouldn't come amiss for these last few games!:ph34r:

This has gone beyond the ridiculous now.  I've come to the conclusion that supporting Derby and wanting normalcy are mutually exclusive.  I mean who would've wanted a season where we were 10 points clear from Jan to May, how boring that would've been?  I'm just gonna put my feet up and let what will be, will be.  To look at it from an American sports perspective, this is Mel's rookie season where a lot of cock up are made and I'm hoping his sophomore season will be plain sailing...

Consultancy, because there is money to be made in prolonging the problem. I'm of the opinion the DW may well have have wanted his old job back but this fudge has emerged instead. Can't be nice to be thrust into a high pressure situation with many predisposed against you. I know from experience there's not a lot harder than being put in a situation you know you can't handle, even if you thought you could before, or duty or loyalty makesyou accept it.

On 14/03/2016 at 19:23, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What a load of drama queens. Based on seeing Jason Shackell after the Rotherham game Wassell needs a helping hand to see this season through. A bit of authority & gravitas maybe in the dressing room. Seems a great idea to me. 

Did I mention Harry is my neighbor? :lol:

10 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Is anyone seriously believes that it was DW's idea than they are silly.

This wasn't even in the pipeline until the collapse at Rotherham.

Mel has a home near Bournemouth which is on the same road as Redknapp and they become good friends. 

This was a reaction from the Rotherham game. 100% 

Gotcha! @The Scarlet Pimpernel is actually Mel Morris! Your name makes sense now. You have been unmasked.

Hi Mel :thumbsup:!

7 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Did you remember to claim your £5 (million)?

I tried but failed. However, I'm pleased to announce that I am now a fully fledged member of the first team coaching staff as advisor/consultant/director-of-football/chief-sausage-and-bacon-scout.

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He misses the buzz. 

Derby's a strange choice, there's no buzz here. 

Harry can put It back. He's one of the few who can.

I'm really hoping this comes off so we can watch all the moaning little b!tches clammering to catch the last train out of B!tchy Station.

5 hours ago, irobinson said:

when i said i wanted someone to help us for the last ten games.........ten cup finals etc......this wasn't what i had in mind.....part-time help from Sandbanks / Jordan.....

Also this should have been in place earlier

Only time will tell if the short term consultancy pays off......

Our first step is to put the Gumps to the sword

What you had in mind - what any of us had in mind - is completely irrelevant. It is a football club owned, by and large, by a benevolent fan. It's not a kibbutz, a commune or anything where Joe Public has a say, yet the owner has reacted to and acted upon the opinions - or rather the outraged voices - of the fanbase. It's got to the stage now where whatever Mel does, it will be wrong in some eyes - and if he did the exact opposite, it would still be wrong.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

What you had in mind - what any of us had in mind - is completely irrelevant. It is a football club owned, by and large, by a benevolent fan. It's not a kibbutz, a commune or anything where Joe Public has a say, yet the owner has reacted to and acted upon the opinions - or rather the outraged voices - of the fanbase. It's got to the stage now where whatever Mel does, it will be wrong in some eyes - and if he did the exact opposite, it would still be wrong.

Good point.

Aston Villa is costing owner Randy Lerner £75,000 a day in lost revenue.

"Fans" are screaming for his head!

Another reason why I support Derby! 

How much is it costing Mel's critics?

More than Mel in real terms,we only have a small amount of cash,and hire a seat we don't even own it.

Mel owns a complete stadium,and,academy and many players,so to compare him and his actions to a common fan

is out of order,put him on the rich list and see how they spend the extra cash,we spend our pocket money how we like

and so  does Mel------Bet he has more fun.most of us go to the dressing room with a ground tour.

would not dream of telling players what we thought of them.Glad they didn't ask him who he had played for.

Perhaps Clements did

"football advisor" = so basically stand behind DW all game and whisper in his ears what formation to play, who to pick, who to sub etc etc. All in all an admission from the club that DW hasn't got a scooby whats going on, so again it begs the question why appoint him in the first place? bizarre. They might as well just give harry the puppet strings. 

But at the same time i like owd 'arry, hope he kicks us on  

Archived