Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

6 hours ago, McLovin said:

Actually Clement has spoken publicly since he was sacked. He was guest pundit for the las palmas v real madrid game. He spoke highly of the fans and the infrastructure. One thing I did pick up on was that he said he hopes that the club achieves its goals, interesting that he said this rather than achieve promotion

I was watching it. PC prepared very carefully what he said...and that line was very clever. Just held back from saying "whatever it is they want, cos I have nt a scooby "

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm torn on the value of this short term perhaps because the explanation of the role and what Harry s input. Before and during games will be, can see the point of not totally taking over with nine games to go as there's no time to evaluate players, maybe the plan is to get Harry and wass working together for a few seasons with wass learning from Harry and the value of his experience as Mel feels wass has the potential  and the loyalty to be long term head coach , if wass has the right attitude to it then there's no reason it can't be effective long term ,learning on the job with an experienced man to cut out the novice mistakes like the Rotherham subs,, if it wasn't so so important to us fans and the club how many of us would look at that mistake not with the pure anger we have but with a view of what a silly arse ,still I bet he won't make that mistake again,,, let's be honest it was a novice heat of the moment mistake with wass dreaming of glory ,going over to the fans at the end with a 5/0 win and more players happy getting game time and perhaps nicking a goal?it all comes down to whether wass is humble enough to learn or not,,, I think that will be meals thinking , Harry and wass as a team if it works ,if not all change , the encouraging thing for me as a fan is that Mel obviously recognises that wass is far from ready for the head coach role at this time flying solo

I've not read the previous 65 pages of this and I guess I never will now but I can honestly say there is no-one in football that I dislike more than Harry Redknapp, and I include Billy Davies and Phil Brown in that statement.

I would never trust him to work in the club's interests and anything that goes wrong will be everyone's fault but his own.  I almost wish that they had just left Wassell in charge, sure we'd have drifted to mid-table due to his inept bungling but we wouldn't have to listen to Redknapp.

If tomorrow's match was anything other than Forest I would have got rid of my ticket.  Can't imagine I'll go again this season after Saturday now.

5 minutes ago, archied said:

I'm torn on the value of this short term perhaps because the explanation of the role and what Harry s input. 

me too

so this is roughly how I greeted the news of Harry

• always disliked him think he is just a no mark who has ruined a number of clubs and gets by on the old 'arry is good fun (Boris effect):(
  • well maybe not so bad, brings great experience and might be just what we need to inject some life into the squad as long as his role is distant from money.  Certainly improves our chances of getting/winning playoffs.  :)
  • what this, he is sitting in the stands and will have limited input; wtf, what is the job then?  what input are we going to see because as it looks now we win he claims responsibility, lose he blaims Wass, 20:20 hindisght, perfect position:angry:
  • suppose I will have to wait for Saturday because I for one expect an immediate impact otherwise he is just a passenger:mellow:

31 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I've not read the previous 65 pages of this and I guess I never will now but I can honestly say there is no-one in football that I dislike more than Harry Redknapp, and I include Billy Davies and Phil Brown in that statement.

I would never trust him to work in the club's interests and anything that goes wrong will be everyone's fault but his own.  I almost wish that they had just left Wassell in charge, sure we'd have drifted to mid-table due to his inept bungling but we wouldn't have to listen to Redknapp.

If tomorrow's match was anything other than Forest I would have got rid of my ticket.  Can't imagine I'll go again this season after Saturday now.

What is your dislike for HR based on?

56 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What is your dislike for HR based on?

His apparent dishonesty.

His excuses and blaming of others when things go wrong.

His frequent buying of players that are not required.

His self serving nature.

There are other things but these are the main ones.

Edit, I forgot his ability to leave clubs in a worse financial state than he finds them.

The problem is we can be as guilty of what Mel is accused of ,, thinking with our hearts,,, do we have to really like the man in charge? Let's say your having a roof put on your house , you can get someone you like but they are nowhere near the roofer the other bloke that quoted is but you don't like the other bloke? I know which one I go with ,, I know it's very analogy to poke holes but it's kinda saying what I want to get across ,,,,, there's fans don't like Pearson , there's fans don't like moyes , the list could go on and on but reality is first criteria is someone who can do the job , if it has to be someone who can do the job and also is liked by everyone your pool for choosing from is very limited ,, redknap is a massive step up from wass in terms of being a here and now football manager, we all know his faults but that means his spending has to be fully monitored , but hey let's be honest 95 percent of mangers would waste doe like it's going out of fashion,,, Harry probably got more of the gift of the gab to convince chairmen to allow it

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

perhaps you should try loving (and respecting) the club

I do both and have done for a long time.

I don't agree with how the club is being run though and perhaps the club should try loving (and respecting) it's fans.  In my view we are being lied to, repeatedly, and (again) in my opinion the club has given up on this season.  I assume that you won't agree with that but that is how I feel.

Now I usually find mostyns stuff about not being proper fans a bit wrong but to be fair on this one to say you will stop going to watch Derby if Harry is manager is a bit ott ,,, I'm Derby , always have been always will be no matter who is owner or manager at any given time,, being in a ground with your tribe watching the black and white is it ,, no f:; cker will ever stop me wanting to do that

1 minute ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I do both and have done for a long time.

I don't agree with how the club is being run though and perhaps the club should try loving (and respecting) it's fans.  In my view we are being lied to, repeatedly, and (again) in my opinion the club has given up on this season.  I assume that you won't agree with that but that is how I feel.

if you have done both for a long time, then there's surely no way you can feel how you do now with sincerity. You are just being a drama queen.

Nothing is perfect, and nothing ever will be. 

Lies serve a purpose, there's a psychology behind them. You think the club saying the right things is damaging to fans, I THINK the fans exposing half-truths, or slightly misleading information, which is largely irrelevant is more damaging to the reputation of the club, from the outside looking in. It's fans reactions that make the club a laughing stock, not the actions of the owners. After all, if the fans didn't care, nobody outside would.

What makes you think you're entitled to know the corporate decisions beyond what happens on the pitch? Why should the owners tell you everything? Do you think every business you're a customer of tells you everything about their decisions? Take your car for example (assuming you drive and own a car), or your employer, do you think you know anything that goes on behind closed doors in the boardroom?

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Competition time....

Could someone please give me the definition of a person who is so outraged that he would otherwise make a protest, however not for THIS game because he really, really want to see THIS game, in two words?

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Gee, that's the end of that then.

Harry's staying.

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

Competition time....

Could someone please give me the definition of a person who is so outraged that he would otherwise make a protest, however not for THIS game because he really, really want to see THIS game, in two words?

fickle traitor

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

fickle traitor

Just when I think ok I can go with that you have to over egg the pudding ,, diplomatic coar material you are not?

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

if you have done both for a long time, then there's surely no way you can feel how you do now with sincerity. You are just being a drama queen.

Nothing is perfect, and nothing ever will be. 

Lies serve a purpose, there's a psychology behind them. You think the club saying the right things is damaging to fans, I THINK the fans exposing half-truths, or slightly misleading information, which is largely irrelevant is more damaging to the reputation of the club, from the outside looking in. It's fans reactions that make the club a laughing stock, not the actions of the owners. After all, if the fans didn't care, nobody outside would.

What makes you think you're entitled to know the corporate decisions beyond what happens on the pitch? Why should the owners tell you everything? Do you think every business you're a customer of tells you everything about their decisions? Take your car for example (assuming you drive and own a car), or your employer, do you think you know anything that goes on behind closed doors in the boardroom?

I'm not telling you what to think so I am not sure how you can tell me how I should feel or why you are resorting to name calling.

I am not sure saying 'the right thing' is beneficial when it is contradicted minutes, days and / or weeks later, but again that is my opinion and not one that I would try to convince anyone else of, or criticise those who don't agree with it.  I also don't think it is the fans that are currently making this club a laughing stock and certainly none of the fans of other clubs that are currently taking advantage of taking the mickey out of me and my supporting of Derby are concentrating on the the fans reactions, they are doing so because (a) we spent £25m and in their view still aren't very good, (b) 'The Derby Way', (c) Our perceived annual bottling at the business of the season, (d) getting Harry Redknapp, (e) appointing Darren Wassall.  I can honestly say not one person mentions the fans.

I don't think I am entitled to know everything about the club but would just like it to be ran well and in my opinion it isn't.  I know I don't know everything about my employer - and in fact there are things I know that others don't but I don't lie about these things and wouldn't expect those above me to lie to me.  Not knowing is very different to be being lied to.  

Can I please ask you;

- Do you think Darren Wassall was the most capable option / best manager available to us when we sacked Paul Clement?

- Do you feel the c.£25m we have spent this season has been well spent?

- Do you know what the Derby way is?

- Who do you think decided that we should bring in 'help' this week?

- Are we better now than the McClaren side that went to Wembley?

- Who do you think brings in the players?

Genuinely interested to know your thoughts.

4 minutes ago, archied said:

Just when I think ok I can go with that you have to over egg the pudding ,, diplomatic coar material you are not?

there is no diplomacy to be had for someone who basically says that he's turning his back on the club, but not until after the Forest game!

As I said on the podcast, you're either in or out. Once you're out, stay away, don't come back when the going is good pretending you were loyal and part of it.

There are plenty here who went through the hard times, and as such, deserve good times, however those who turn their back during the tough times (are these even tough times?!!), have no entitlement to sit there in a few years, when things are good, saying "ooh, we deserve this.."

17 minutes ago, eddie said:

Competition time....

Contumelious poltroon?

Archived