Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

2 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Picked up this interview with Harry from Talk Sport's Twitter.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Rush not say on that phone-in on Monday night that Wassall came forward with the idea of bringing someone in to help, as opposed to the other way round?

I still think mr Rush has every chance of being truthful as Harry does.

Harry can say exactly what he thinks is right in a radio interview, especially as it will have been the owner Mel who he would have met in the first instance who would be selling the role to him. This doesnt mean in any way it was Mel over ruling Wassall, Im sure its just something that came out of their post rotherham meeting, regardless of whose idea it was.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll have to deduce what the questions were, as usual.

Harry Redknapp: "This is a fantastic squad, with a good group of players and a young manager who hopefully has a great future."

"The chairman spoke to Darren and he was quite happy for me to come in."

"I'll sit in the stand. I'm not going to run down to the dug out or have a hotline to the touch line."

-long wait for next post-

-a picture of Harry is posted, because we don't know what he looks like-

"I'm not Director of Football. I won't be bringing any players in, I won't be making any signings."

-another long wait. I assume these are caused by long, waffling incoherent questions; or perhaps whoever is writing the summary is doctoring the responses; or the press conference is on hold while HR exchanges brown envelopes with a man in a tan overcoat-

-taps foot impatiently-

Lets just go to the DET's summary:

"I've watched a lot of football, so I've stayed involved.

"The chairman spoke to Darren and said he wanted to bring somebody in. He put a few names to him and he was happy for me to get involved.

"I'm not looking beyond the end of the season. After that, who knows?" (Made bold by me to be mischievous) 

"On Saturday, I'll be sat in the stand. I won't have a hotline to the dugout - but I'll have a chat with him after to discuss the game."

On Jordan role: "I had already made a commitment to Prince Alli and didn't want to let him down.

"The games come during the international break anyway, so I won't miss any Derby matches."

Back to Derby:  "It's a fantastic club - and I'm not just saying that.

"Look at the stadium, the training ground, the supporters.

"I'm not director of football, because there are no signings to be made. I'll just be giving my opnion to Darren and if he wants to take it on board, that's up to him."

"It's DW's team and he makes the final decisions. If I can make 1% of difference and help them get promoted, I'll be delighted."

"It's a great local derby - I couldn't ask for a better first match."

I think... that may be it.

EDIT:

Damn it!

on Mel Morris: "It's great to see an English club with an English owner.

"The chairman supports the club. This is his dream and he deserves great credit for putting so much of his own money into it."

"This club should get promoted. Everything is in place, they've got the players. Now they need to perform."

on leading QPR to play-off final victory over Derby: "We were quite fortunate to win that day.

"We were hanging on for grim life with 10 men... then Bobby Zamora got that goal."

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 13:06, Derbados said:

"football advisor" = so basically stand behind DW all game and whisper in his ears what formation to play, who to pick, who to sub etc etc. All in all an admission from the club that DW hasn't got a scooby whats going on, so again it begs the question why appoint him in the first place? bizarre. They might as well just give harry the puppet strings. 

But at the same time i like owd 'arry, hope he kicks us on  

waffle will be jealous...as that is the informal role he had....sitting behind Mel whispering. Now DW has to second guess what "Harry told Mel". Of further intrigue....is Sam allowed to know what Harry tells Mel?

49 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

You'll have to deduce what the questions were, as usual.

Harry Redknapp: "This is a fantastic squad, with a good group of players and a young manager who hopefully has a great future."

"The chairman spoke to Darren and he was quite happy for me to come in."

"I'll sit in the stand. I'm not going to run down to the dug out or have a hotline to the touch line."

-long wait for next post-

-a picture of Harry is posted, because we don't know what he looks like-

"I'm not Director of Football. I won't be bringing any players in, I won't be making any signings."

-another long wait. I assume these are caused by long, waffling incoherent questions; or perhaps whoever is writing the summary is doctoring the responses; or the press conference is on hold while HR exchanges brown envelopes with a man in a tan overcoat-

-taps foot impatiently-

Lets just go to the DET's summary:

"I've watched a lot of football, so I've stayed involved.

"The chairman spoke to Darren and said he wanted to bring somebody in. He put a few names to him and he was happy for me to get involved.

"I'm not looking beyond the end of the season. After that, who knows?" (Made bold by me to be mischievous) 

"On Saturday, I'll be sat in the stand. I won't have a hotline to the dugout - but I'll have a chat with him after to discuss the game."

On Jordan role: "I had already made a commitment to Prince Alli and didn't want to let him down.

"The games come during the international break anyway, so I won't miss any Derby matches."

"I'm not director of football, because there are no signings to be made. I'll just be giving my opnion to Darren and if he wants to take it on board, that's up to him."

"It's DW's team and he makes the final decisions. If I can make 1% of difference and help them get promoted, I'll be delighted."

I think... that may be it.

EDIT:

Damn it!

on Mel Morris: "It's great to see an English club with an English owner.

"The chairman supports the club. This is his dream and he deserves great credit for putting so much of his own money into it."

"This club should get promoted. Everything is in place, they've got the players. Now they need to perform."

on leading QPR to play-off final victory over Derby: "We were quite fortunate to win that day.

"We were hanging on for grim life with 10 men... then Bobby Zamora got that goal."

And that is exactly why Harry is here. "Now they need to perform"

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

And that is exactly why Harry is here. "Now they need to perform"

Indeed,

also here are some extra bits that came in late:

"After a few games, I might make suggestions and he can decide if he wants to take it on board.

"I have no opinion about who should play on Saturday, as I haven't seen much of them yet."

HR also confirmed that if, for any reason, Wassall left his position before the end of the season, he would also leave.

"The chairman wanted to bring someone in to help Darren through this difficult time.

"He won't find anyone easier to work with than me."

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Indeed,

also here are some extra bits that came in late:

"After a few games, I might make suggestions and he can decide if he wants to take it on board.

"I have no opinion about who should play on Saturday, as I haven't seen much of them yet."

HR also confirmed that if, for any reason, Wassall left his position before the end of the season, he would also leave.

"The chairman wanted to bring someone in to help Darren through this difficult time.

"He won't find anyone easier to work with than me."

There's only a few games left - hopefully he'll contribute before that

Just now, toddy said:

A bit concerned by ''I might make suggestions and he can decide if he wants to take it on board''

So Wassall has final say, if he wants to do what ever Harry suggests to him,..........hmm not ideal.

What would you prefer?

"After a few games I'll go down and tell Darren who to pick, if he disagrees he'll get sacked?" 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

What would you prefer?

"After a few games I'll go down and tell Darren who to pick, if he disagrees he'll get sacked?" 

I prefer an experienced coach to come in who has the authority to make the decisions  that he thinks should be done, after all that is the reason the experienced coach has been brought in is for his expertise.

Pointless otherwise.

1 minute ago, toddy said:

I prefer an experienced coach to come in who has the authority to make the decisions  that he thinks should be done, after all that is the reason the experienced coach has been brought in is for his expertise.

Pointless otherwise.

I don't think DW will disregard anything HR suggests to him, but he still has the right to. We aren't going to know from here on out if any decision has been influenced by HR at all or if DW made it on his own. No-one is going to tell us, so I wouldn't concern yourself about it.

35 minutes ago, toddy said:

Pointless otherwise.

Harry's work will be more with the players morale & mentality than anything else. You are reading too much into every little snippet. That's where he will support Darren. Relax.....enjoy the ride.

People were saying last week it would be nice for Clement to come out and give his side of things.

Well if I were him contemplating a release for the papers , eg 'heartbreak at unfinished job says source close to ex-Madrid coach'....  and I noticed on Sky Sports the news- 'Promotion-chasing Rams take on Redknapp as adviser'...

You know what, I'd think - oh well that tells my side of the story better than anything I can ever say.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

People were saying last week it would be nice for Clement to come out and give his side of things.

Well if I were him contemplating a release for the papers , eg 'heartbreak at unfinished job says source close to ex-Madrid coach'....  and I noticed on Sky Sports the news- 'Promotion-chasing Rams take on Redknapp as adviser'...

You know what, I'd think - oh well that tells my side of the story better than anything I can ever say.

Actually Clement has spoken publicly since he was sacked. He was guest pundit for the las palmas v real madrid game. He spoke highly of the fans and the infrastructure. One thing I did pick up on was that he said he hopes that the club achieves its goals, interesting that he said this rather than achieve promotion

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

My God, he's a lot to learn.

8 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

There's only a few games left - hopefully he'll contribute before that

He can tell his local neighbours, word will get back to Mel. Then DW will comply. 

The Sandbanks effect.

Harry is pure class. Absolutely no idea why he cannot have more involvement. Pleasing he has nt been watching us. I dare him to watch a full 90

Archived