Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think he's a good appointment, better than Wassall anyway, a few years ago he was heavily tipped to be England manager so he can't be all that bad?

The worse that can happen is we continue to spiral and come the end of the season, they both shake hands and walk away. On the flip side we could potentially get promoted (most probably through the play-offs) and end up in the premier league where we have a manager who has done pretty well in the premiership albeit with spending lots of money but hey it's hardly as though we've been penny pinching this year is it?

I agree. 

Redknapp always gets the "look how he leaves clubs financially" thrown at him. 

Like who? Pompey? Pompey was a shambles in the same way leeds was a shambles. Ridsdale takes the blame with leeds, not david o'leary. So why would Harry take the blame over Gadermac and Peter Storie. Harry didn't sign the cheques. 

I'm sure there has never been a manager in history (apart from arsene) that wouldn't spend money if he was given it. 

1 hour ago, EastKentRam said:

Can I still go and think Redknapp is a c*nt?

Is that alright with all the other fan boys?

So long as you support the team, then fine, think what you like. 

I am consistent in my support of the team, the club and the manager and do you know what? I always have been. If that makes me a 'fan boy' in your eyes, and worthy of your contempt for being so, then that's your business. I don't dictate to the club - my support isn't on my terms, and the club don't have to do me any favours or bribe me with the manager I like to earn that support.

4 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

It's nice to see people have written him off before the inks even dry!! The only thing I have against him is beating us in the play off final, it was a depressing ride home on the coach

It's possible they use Bics these days, but I take your point.

On second thoughts, Mel's probably got an Aurora Diamante fountain pen* so you're probably right.

*Price: $1,470,600
The Aurora Diamante is the most expensive writing instrument till date. Only one is for sale per year. The Aurora Diamante contains over 30 carats of De Beers diamonds on a solid platinum barrel. It has a two-tone, rhodium-treated, 18KT solid gold nib and is personalized with a coat of arms, signature or portrait. Aurora Pens says it is the only over 30 carat pen in the world.

(This would probably suit Cisse's tastes.)

15 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Interesting comments from Redknapp about Mel's half-time rant a month ago. 

Equally interesting his point about recognising when someone needs a "Well done lad" or a pep talk when results haven't turned out the way you'd like.

All in all points to his management style and skills which we have been missing since this time last year. 

Very happy he is in the mix at our club 

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Equally interesting his point about recognising when someone needs a "Well done lad" or a pep talk when results haven't turned out the way you'd like.

All in all points to his management style and skills which we have been missing since this time last year. 

Very happy he is in the mix at our club 

Yeah, the whole Q and A is really interesting. He says that one of the main things is always to give players confidence and they will always play better and criticising players never gets a good result. We saw how critical Clement was to some of the players when we went on the bad run.

I think he could give some good advice to Darren and Mel and is probably the best man to get the players motivated for the end of season run in. 

7 hours ago, eddie said:

You know as much as I do - except you express opinion as fact. You actually come across as a vociferous pro-staying in the Eu or a vociferous anti-EU campaigner. They are both equally sure that if their line isn't adhered to, it will be disaster.

They can't all be right. What makes you think you are?

Wait and see what happens.

We'll see how it goes I suppose, personally think its a wrong move but happy to be proved wrong

something needs to happen though, the club as a whole needs a shot in the arm, the fans are hysterical, the players are bottlers, the owner is a bit of a meddling git, and now we have someone in charge who the scousers would be proud to call their own, some of the deluded views of wassall would make a p***** up scouser seem level headed. 

come on you rams, lets all get sane together. 

New Derby County advisor Harry Redknapp has told talkSPORT he joined the club with one goal – to help seal the Rams’ return to the Premier League.

The Championship club confirmed on Wednesday that the former Tottenham manager will assist Rams head coach Darren Wassall until the end of the season.

Redknapp has taken a director of football role before - at Portsmouth, where he was eventually named boss and then took Pompey up to the top flight.

And while the boss insists he will play more of a back seat role at the Pride Park Stadium, he believes - with the Rams just six points adrift of an automatic promotion spot - Derby have what it takes.

Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, Redknapp said: “Derby is a fantastic club, a great team and have good players. Wassell has taken over as manager and it’s his first job, so the chairman felt that maybe I could help until the end of the season, so I said I’d do it.

“I won’t be on the touchline, I’ll be upstairs. I know it’s difficult when you’re a manager and you don’t necessarily want someone else coming in.

“But the chairman said, ‘look, if Harry doesn’t come in then somebody else will.’ He was going to bring someone in, and Darren knew that.

“I had a good chat with Darren, he’s a great lad, and I told him that I’m just here for nine games. Hopefully it will be nine games with automatic promotion or 12 games with the play-off final.

“I’m just here until the end of the season to help out and I’m looking forward to it. I’m up here now and ready to get cracking.”

Redknapp will combine his role with Derby alongside a coaching job with the Jordan national team, with the nation confirming his appointment on Thursday morning.

He has agreed to take charge of Jordan for their two World Cup qualifiers against Bangladesh and Australia later this month, as a favour to Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein, and Redknapp insists his responsibilities for the country will not affect his role at Derby.

“The Jordan games obviously come in the international break, so I’m not going to miss any games for Derby,” he told Alan Brazil and co-host Ray Wilkins, who has also coached the Jordan side.

“I met with Prince Alli, and Ray will know, he’s a lovely guy.

“He asked me if I’d go out and do two games, they’ve got Bangladesh and then Australia away, which is obviously a tough game, they need to win both games and he asked if I’d go over to manage the team for the two matches, and I said I would.”

http://talksport.com/football/im-here-get-derby-county-promoted-harry-redknapp-exclusive-joint-rams-and-jordan

Picked up this interview with Harry from Talk Sport's Twitter.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Rush not say on that phone-in on Monday night that Wassall came forward with the idea of bringing someone in to help, as opposed to the other way round?

Archived